fbpx

Question

Home Forums Miscellany Community Question

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Ski has a good point. Maybe she didn’t want to hurt your feelings. ??

Stephanie
    Participant

I asked her to explain the tattoo and she replied with….. “He wouldn’t use your dragon. He said it didn’t flow right, but he used your cherry blossoms. I was upset he couldn’t use the dragon, but the blossoms are all you. I still love the drawing. I am going to frame it.”

All my tattoos are my design. When I take it up to the place to get the tattoo to get a price on it, if they say that it needs to be changed a little and why, I do it.

If givin the chance, I could have changed it.

Thank you all for your stories and for reading mine! ๐Ÿ™‚ And the support. ๐Ÿ™‚ I needed it at the time! Thank you so very much!

The dragon?!! He said it didn’t flow? I don’t do tattoos, so maybe I’m way out of my element here, but that dragon is totally fluid. Bummer. Still good art work Serenity.

Skigod377
      Participant

Now I really think it was just not the tattoo for her. I have never met a tattoo artist who would not do what I paid him/her for, and I have met alot of em.

Stephanie
        Participant

That is very true. I have had to change mine up before but nothing major. I had drawn the lines to thin… heck I had to really sharpen a color pencil to color it in for the colors I wanted on it. The tattoo I am talking about is in my art thread. But I wasn’t told that it didn’t flow or couldn’t be done at all. Once I thickened the lines (it was easier to color then ๐Ÿ™‚ ) they had no problems at all.

I told her that I would not design another tattoo. I have had two slapped down and I am not doing it again. She wanted a Phoenix and I drew one… it was still rough and again she said that she loved it. Then she got a totally different one that well… if she likes it I guess its okay.

I just had a real good friend of mine say that she didn’t know that this “friend” would let her inker control what is put on her body. The real good friend has a design of mine and it wasn’t changed one bit!

The last thing someone wants to hear, after getting a crappy tattoo, is “Wow, you had that permanently marked on your body even though it looks like crap?”

If I ever made the mistake of getting a tattoo, I’d sure as heck try to convince myself that it was exactly what I wanted even if the job was royally screwed up. I’d show it to everyone and talk it up a storm because the more positive I am about it, the more likely other people would come to see something good in it.

On the other hand, if you think the changes were deliberate (by your friend), try not to take it personally. It’s like you write a house story for a magazine and the editor, who is also your friend, “fixes” it in a way that really pisses you off. Your friend simply doesn’t any more stories from you.

Stephanie
          Participant

She has several tattoos. And I am sure she’ll get several more. None designed by me though. Just because a few people dislike the design doesn’t mean that she does. Her choise.

Here is a way to say it, its like painting a PYO dragon for someone and they go on and on on how much they love it and they pay for it and when they get it home, they repaint it.

Serenity wrote:

Here is a way to say it, its like painting a PYO dragon for someone and they go on and on on how much they love it and they pay for it and when they get it home, they repaint it.

*Ouch!*

Stephanie
            Participant

That is how it made me feel. ๐Ÿ™ Her choise, her tattoo… but like others have said, tattoo artist will put whatever you want on your body as long as you pay for it. So whatever. She can do whatever she wants, as long as it isn’t asking me again for a tattoo design.

Stephanie
              Participant

As of today she has yet to make any contact with me… not by phone, coming by, or myspace. I even offered to draw her a dragon that would be more suitible for framing… nothing… no responce.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.