fbpx

Quest 8

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest 8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Quest 8

Happy Rue-Heckle Day (or Rueday)!

Rueday is a holiday in the Reptangle world commemorating the thwarting of an antagonist by Ayonah and Shihiv. Since this holiday is to celebrate Ayonah, I’m kicking off the quest rather than him. (Kind of like not throwing your own birthday party!)

Rueday is a celebration of entropy and good-hearted obnoxiousness. Celebrants give gag gifts, make big messes, and roast each other. Children also dress up like animals (but they don’t use costumes) and take the opportunity to cause mischief of one kind or another. πŸ™‚

Gross treats are also part of the celebration! So in honor of Rueday, Ayonah is going to be giving out “virtual” gross treats. πŸ™‚

Between now and November 2nd, Ayonah will pass out a total of 12 gross treats. In order to play in the quest, you need to collect the treats and turn in your “virtual” treat bag for entries into a raffle (for a real prize, not a gag gift, promise!).

I will post a notice on the forum when a new treat is available. In order to get the treat either:

Email: Ayonah @ Windstoneeditions . com (no spaces)
      OR
      Visit the Windstone Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WindstoneEditions

Once a new treat is posted, Ayonah will no longer send out past treats through email, but you CAN still visit our Facebook wall to find treats you missed.

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE TREATS ON THE FORUM. THIS WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FROM ENTERING.

All day long on November 3rd, Ayonah will collect treat bags. Send him an email titled “Quest 8 Treat Bag” containing your forum name AND the list of each treat you collected. For each treat you have, you will get one entry into the raffle. You do NOT need to collect all 12 treats to enter.

The raffle will happen on November 5th.

This quest is open to all registered forum members who have reached the age of majority in their country of origon.

The prize is a pebble cat painted by Melody Pena. πŸ™‚

So, in summary:

– Watch the forum/Facebook page for new treat announcements

– Collect the treats from either Facebook or by emailing Ayonah between now and November 2nd.

– Send Ayonah your treat bag via EMAIL ONLY with the subject line “Quest 8 Treat Bag”, your list of treats, and your forum name anytime on November 3rd

– Check back on November 5th to see if you won.

EDIT ONE –

Please do NOT send the images back in your treat bag. We just need your forum name and the text ONLY names of the treats. πŸ™‚

TREAT RECORD:

Treat One – 10/19
      Treat Two – 10/22
      Treat Three – 10/24
      Treat Four – 10/26
      Treat Five – 10/28
      Treat Six – 10/28
      Treat Seven – 10/30
      Treat Eight – 10/30
      Treat Nine – 10/31
      Treat Ten – 11/1
      Treat Eleven – 11/2
      Treat Twelve – 11/2

Kiya
      Participant

A few other quick notes! πŸ™‚

1.) The first treat is available.
        2.) I am on vacation from 10/20 – 10/27. There WILL be treats during that time, but I might be slow responding to questions about the quest. Please be patient with me. πŸ™‚
        3.) Make sure you check your spam folder if you don’t get the email from Ayonah. Also, if you add him as a safe-sender, this will minimize the chance for issues.
        4.) There are pictures of the treats! So if you get an attachment, it’s okay! πŸ™‚

Kiya
        Participant

Oh! One last quick thing! Rueday happens sometime in late October/early November Earth time. Our Reptanglian and Earth scholars are still hard at work on the calendar date conversion, but it’s a work in progress. πŸ™‚ We’ll let you know once they determine what the correct Earth date is for the celebration!

dragonmedley
          Participant

When emailing Ayonah to receive the treats, do we need to use a specific subject title?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kiya
            Participant

When emailing Ayonah to receive the treats, do we need to use a specific subject title?

Nope. πŸ™‚ In _theory_, you should get an automated reply to anything you send with the current treat.

I THINK I worked the bugs out… πŸ™‚

However, if you don’t get a reply right away, don’t panic! I’ll check these manually to make sure things are working – it might just take me a few hours due to vacation. πŸ™‚

Kiya
              Participant

Please see “edit one” in the first post! πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                Participant

Nope. πŸ™‚ In _theory_, you should get an automated reply to anything you send with the current treat.

However, if you don’t get a reply right away, don’t panic! I’ll check these manually to make sure things are working – it might just take me a few hours due to vacation. πŸ™‚

I got he automated message and the manual one!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kiya
                  Participant

I got he automated message and the manual one!

Sorry about that. πŸ™‚ I sent a couple out manually because the images were broken AND I wasn’t sure if auto replies were working or not.

It seems to be working as intended at this point, however, if you see a delay it’s one of two things:

1.) Ayonah’s Outlook is closed. If this is the case, the replies won’t go out until he opens it back up. So don’t panic unless it’s more than 24 hours and you don’t have your message.

2.) You got caught in our spam filter. This is happening a LOT! There is no reason to worry, we will check the filter and send you your treat. πŸ™‚ Please wait 24 hours and let me know if you don’t have it AFTER that time.

Have fun, everyone! πŸ™‚

etruscan
                    Participant

After reading (and re-reading) your first post I still don’t see a link to the Windstone Facebook page. It reads as though you intended to include one. πŸ™‚

Sirithiliel
                      Participant

When we submit our treats at the end of all of this, do we send the pictures of each or just the name? My picture doesn’t show up but I have he name that came with it

SilverDragon
                        Participant

…..my email probably went into the spam folder haha! I haven’t heard back yet (I sent it now about 5 hours ago). I just want to make sure in the end that my final email will get through (since you stated that the treats will be posted on Facebook). πŸ™‚

Author of β€œMoonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                          Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Melody
                          Keymaster

After reading (and re-reading) your first post I still don’t see a link to the Windstone Facebook page. It reads as though you intended to include one. πŸ™‚

Here’s a link to the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/WindstoneEditions

littleironhorse
                            Participant

When we submit our treats at the end of all of this, do we send the pictures of each or just the name? My picture doesn’t show up but I have he name that came with it

Just the names πŸ˜‰

…Please do NOT send the images back in your treat bag. We just need your forum name and the text ONLY names of the treats. πŸ™‚

Sirithiliel
                              Participant

Is there a treat for today?

Kiya
                                Participant

Is there a treat for today?

Nope. I will post here when Ayonah updates his treat offering (I’ll actually edit the first post too and put a date – hopefully that will make it easier for you guys to track).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.