fbpx

Quest #4

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest #4

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Oh goodness, I have been looking and looking and cant find a thing! Im getting bummed.

Can the photo be a member’s profile picture or a signature picture? Or do the little smiley faces count as pictures? (maybe silly questions but it seems like the only things I havent analyzed in the serch results)

The images are not in profile pictures or signature pictures. Not in smilies either.

They will be in a post in part of the main thread. If you look at all the photos and can’t tell they are from the shop – keep in mind the search query will be all by its self after the image (not in a sentence) to make them easier to pick out.

Good luck!

Kiya
      Participant

Sorry! I have a query in to the tech folks about figuring out WHY my search view is different than most members.

The good news is that I have a normal account I can sign in on and check both views from going forward. 🙂

I’ve never heard of search working differently for different user types! I guess you learn something new every day! 🙂

Yeah– I totally didn’t know this either until a few days ago. I set up a scavenger hunt online for my husband across all my accounts, and gave him search terms for the forum, and was horrified that his search results were vastly different than mine (while logged in). What the heck?! So of course now I am wondering just how much is different between what I see and what a normal user sees. I am constantly running over to my husband’s computer to check things out. *fires the forum software out of a cannon and into the sun*

Well, I’m glad it’s not just me who was surprised! LOL

I’m hoping they can standardize it. It’s like normal accounts are defaulting to a “either or” search method and other accounts default to an “and” method (at least if there are multiple terms).

I’m just glad I had people to talk to about it and figure out what was going on so we could do damage control! I’d hate to have sent everyone on a completely futile search! 😀

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Yeah. It was Valentine’s day and I was like “This will be easy for him to search for, there is only one result!” (ironically I used the word blueberry in mine, too!).

When he voiced his frustration, I was horrified to see that instead of one neat and tidy search result, he had… I dunno, like 45 pages worth?! x_x

It was the FIRST time I realized it, so.. that was Tuesday.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Hannah
          Participant

*fires the forum software out of a cannon and into the sun*

This made me laugh out loud XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

dragonshoard
            Participant

I just automatically went to Advanced Search and pasted the search phrase in the box for ‘containing the phrase’. The first and third searches were fairly easy. The 2nd one gave me four pages of results. That took quite a bit as some of the results were very picture heavy and multiple pages each. Next time it is a one word phrase, I’ll have to take over the computer with the faster connection…

etruscan
              Participant

I just automatically went to Advanced Search and pasted the search phrase in the box for ‘containing the phrase’. The first and third searches were fairly easy. The 2nd one gave me four pages of results. That took quite a bit as some of the results were very picture heavy and multiple pages each. Next time it is a one word phrase, I’ll have to take over the computer with the faster connection…

I had the same experience. “Containing the Phrase” under Advanced Search made one and three very easy to find.

scenceable
                Participant

ditto on the advanced search phrase thing.

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

I’ve just searched with things in ” marks.. that helped a lot, the 2nd was my most difficult, and not really because of finding the photo but realizing what it’s letter/number code was XD I have a thus far technique that’s workin pretty well.. we’ll see if it holds up through the rest of this ;p hahaha

moonbeam
                    Participant

Oh my, the Blueberry pic totally surprised me.
                      I just realized I had already found it in my first fruitless search, laughed about it and scrolled away in search of the Blueberry pic. Now on my second search I´ve finally seen the number and letter 😀
                      These pics are so crazy cool!

Kiya
                      Participant

For anyone doing searches – today’s query would also uncover the test picture (though it would have said test and also said test query after it).

If you came across that one, you’re on the right track, but that’s not the right picture. I’ve removed it now so it won’t gum up the works.

BUT, if you keep going a bit farther in the search results (the picture for today is not in the same thread), you’ll find the right one!

Good luck! 🙂

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Today’s was a good one! I almost scrolled right past it then thought “wait… better double check!” XD good thing I did! lol

Michelle
                          Participant

Ok, is it just me or do the second and fourth clues have the same number on them? Am I going crazy?

Kiya
                            Participant

Ok, is it just me or do the second and fourth clues have the same number on them? Am I going crazy?

Look at the example in the first post from me. That should clear it up.

Michelle
                              Participant

Derp! I guess re-reading the directions would be helpful. -_- Kiya, you are a dear to be so patient with me. Thank you again!

Kiya
                                Participant

No worries. Heck, the only reason I remember is because I wrote it. LOL 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 150 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.