fbpx

Quest #4

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests Quest #4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Ayonah
    Participant

Quest # 4 is a scavenger hunt.
      Each day, a new photo of something from around the Windstone studio will be hidden in a forum thread. Each photo will have a letter (or space) and a number in it. The number will correspond to the position the letter will take in a secret phrase.

To help you find the photos, there will also be a clue (search term) posted each day in a thread, here, in the Tanglian Wilderness. You can use “search” to look for the topic under which the photo might be found.
      The pictures will appear daily from 2/14 – 3/3.

You will have from the time the final picture is posted on 3/3 until 9 pm PST on 3/4 to submit your guess for the phrase to me: Ayonah@windstoneeditions.com. A winner will be drawn from all the entries with the correct phrase.

It would be wise to review the rules of this quest before submitting your entry! The L’eagle will be gathering them for the drawing, and l’eagles are notoriously strict about rules.

Kiya
      Participant

L’eagle rules! ๐Ÿ™‚

All registered forum members who have reached the age of majority in their country of origin are eligible to participate in this quest. Forum members who have not reached the age of majority will require parent or guardian permission to participate.

We do NOT recommend you send your guesses prior to the posting of the final clue on 3/3. Any incorrect guesses cannot be rescinded and you will not be entered in the drawing if you submit an incorrect guess. One entry per registered forum member.

Please make sure the subject line of the email is: “Quest 4 – Phrase” and include your forum name in the body of the email along with your guess of the phrase.

Ayonah or I will send out confirmations as we receive all entries. If you do not receive a confirmation, please send me (not Ayonah) a PM asking about your entry status. Do not PM your entries unless I specifically request you do so.

The prize for this quest is this lovely male, coiled dragon:

http://windstoneeditions.com/contentquest-4-prize

A new thread will be started for posting each day’s search hint. Do not reply to this thread. Anyone who replies to this thread will have their reply deleted. Replying to the thread more than once will disqualify you from the quest.

When you search for the hint term, you may not find the answer on the first page of results. This is a scavenger hunt. We will point you in the right direction, but we won’t give you the exact location. The pictures should be pretty obvious AND they will have the search term posted right below them.

Do not post the location of the picture and clue. Anyone who publicly posts the picture/clue location will be disqualified from the contest. Bumping the thread the picture is hidden in also counts as revealing the location and will result in disqualification (I’m not putting these in active threads).

Here is an example of how the phrase is broken out (spaces, letters, and numbers). The numbers show where the letter is positioned in the phase. The spaces show the number of spaces. You have to figure out where the spaces go on your own though! ๐Ÿ™‚ Each image will have one letter and number (letter from phrase and number of position) or one space listed on it.

sample_phrase

So for this example, the picture might have 1-H listed on it (letter “h” is the first letter in the phrase).

Please feel free to use this thread for any questions!

Kiya
        Participant

Also, sorry to the person whose comment I deleted! I needed to keep the rules post right after Ayonah’s introduction! You guys are welcome to reply to this thread though!

Bullsquid
          Participant

I found the first one, and all I can say is “Yikes”! ๐Ÿ˜›

This is fun; I like scavenger hunt type quests.

kitsunelady
            Participant

I think I’ll sit this one out. o_o; @ Pinky & his brain

Sirithiliel
              Participant

oooh this sounds hard….but I’ll give it a shot, for that lovely dragon…

etruscan
                Participant

Will each clue stay up until the end of the quest, or do we have to find it within 24 hours?

Kiya
                  Participant

Will each clue stay up until the end of the quest, or do we have to find it within 24 hours?

Each clue will stay up the duration of the quest. So if you don’t have time to do this every day, you can save them up and do them in batches or all at the end.

As long as you submit the phrase on time, it doesn’t matter when you do the hunt! ๐Ÿ™‚

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

OMG! 0.o if Windstone wanted to scar me for life they did a great job! 0.o (only people who find this first clue will get what I mean) ROFL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I found the first one, and all I can say is “Yikes”! ๐Ÿ˜›

This is fun; I like scavenger hunt type quests.

I agree “YIKES ” is right HEHEHE ๐Ÿ™‚ :~

Misty
                      Participant

OMG LOL!

Ann

OMG! 0.o if Windstone wanted to scar me for life they did a great job! 0.o (only people who find this first clue will get what I mean) ROFL!

No kidding! I was going through the thread, stopped and thought “that doesn’t seem right…..OH!”

etruscan
                          Participant

Yeah – let’s just say it is NOT what I was expecting! LOL

Kiya
                            Participant

Yeah – let’s just say it is NOT what I was expecting! LOL

Maybe I should have hidden a different one first. LOL

Sirithiliel
                              Participant

THat was frightening….haha….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 150 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.