fbpx

PYO swap pictures

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps PYO swap pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Thanks for posting those, Drag0nfeathers! Good pics, and he’s even nicer in person.

I’m sorry that my camera situation is rather poor, I wasn’t even able to get photos of my kirin before sending him off.

I’ve been enjoying seeing all these pieces, and all the interpretations of requests, and techniques used! Lovely work!

I used chameleon paint on her so she should change colors a little bit in the sunlight

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I received my swap this morning from Kujacker this morning! He’s like a sherbert rainbow and covered in ‘magic invisible paint’. A very Spring-y dragon! Thank you so much! πŸ˜€ I managed to snag a few quick photos outside just as the rain was starting.

Spring 2013 PYO Swap (from Kujacker) photo IMG_7235.jpg

I got my swap!! omg soo gorgeous!!! πŸ˜€
      I’ll post pics -soon as I can figure out how to do it, again..

Yay! I’m glad you like it! :bigsmile: I took pictures, so if needed, I can post them.

where do you get paint like that?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Oh wanna see!!!!! Pretty Please!

siberakh1
      Participant

@96037 – What kind of paint are you referring to? The ‘magic invisible paint’ Kujacker uses is a special (and very expensive) automotive paint that must be applied with an airbrush. This is the same kind that Windstone uses when they refer to ‘magic invisible paint’ on some of their pieces. There is a spray can version that can produce similar effects that you can get at automotive stores that is much cheaper. The rest of the paint used is just acrylic paint you get at the art store or craft stores like Michael’s, AC Moore, and Hobby Lobby either pre-mixed or mixed (brands like golden, liquitex, folk art, etc.).

I hope that answers your question for you! πŸ™‚

Sarah
        Participant

Wow, these are all SO fun to see! I really want to participate for the next round. Everyone did fabulous jobs with their pieces!

@96037 – What kind of paint are you referring to? The ‘magic invisible paint’ Kujacker uses is a special (and very expensive) automotive paint that must be applied with an airbrush. This is the same kind that Windstone uses when they refer to ‘magic invisible paint’ on some of their pieces. There is a spray can version that can produce similar effects that you can get at automotive stores that is much cheaper. The rest of the paint used is just acrylic paint you get at the art store or craft stores like Michael’s, AC Moore, and Hobby Lobby either pre-mixed or mixed (brands like golden, liquitex, folk art, etc.).

I hope that answers your question for you! πŸ™‚

ya i was refering to the invisible paint. I looked on google and found some neat paints that are clear, but will change either by sunlight or glowing in the dark. I think it would be really cool to paint a peice that changes in the Sunlight.

but what is was asking was exactly what the magic invisable paint DOES. is it like color shift?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

siberakh1
          Participant

ya i was refering to the invisible paint. I looked on google and found some neat paints that are clear, but will change either by sunlight or glowing in the dark. I think it would be really cool to paint a peice that changes in the Sunlight.

but what is was asking was exactly what the magic invisable paint DOES. is it like color shift?

No. It is like a clear paint with really super fine sparkles in it. They are barely noticeable in regular light, but in direct sunlight, they show up. It is applied in thin layers and the more layers, the more sparkle. The black rainbow sparkle pebble critters that Windstone sold sparkle from this kind of paint. In bright sunlight, they sparkle with so many tiny little rainbow sparkles. It’s a pretty neat effect, but the airbrushed kind is really pricey automotive paint.

I received my swap this morning from Kujacker this morning! He’s like a sherbert rainbow and covered in ‘magic invisible paint’. A very Spring-y dragon! Thank you so much! πŸ˜€ I managed to snag a few quick photos outside just as the rain was starting.

Spring 2013 PYO Swap (from Kujacker) photo IMG_7235.jpg

Yay! I’m glad you like it! :bigsmile: I took pictures, so if needed, I can post them.

Can you post pics of Melody’s piece she got from you so we can see it please. It would be great to get to see and I don’t wanna bug Melody while she is busy doing all things windstone! πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
            Participant

Could you post, Brianne? Then we can officially close the swap πŸ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

When will the next swap be done? I am sorry I missed this one, so if anyone knows when the next one might be planned, I can try to make sure I pay attention so I can catch it.

Kyrin

When will the next swap be done? I am sorry I missed this one, so if anyone knows when the next one might be planned, I can try to make sure I pay attention so I can catch it.

Kyrin

dragonmedley
              Participant

Kyrin

Depending on how the store is stocked, we could aim to do one in September.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

siberakh1
                Participant

No problem. I wanted to give Melody a chance to post first, but I can post. πŸ™‚

Melody requested “Anything, painted in the painter’s favorite theme.”
                  I don’t really have a theme that is my favorite, but I do like to paint things from or inspired by nature and I do like painting feathers and fur and stone features, so settled for a phoenix. Melody had previously mentioned somewhere about having a wild turkey that ‘stalks’ around either the factory or her home. I know Melody likes colorful critters and birds, so opted to paint a phoenix after an ocellated turkey! They are a gaudy bird! :bigsmile: Turkeys in the sun can be really shiny and iridescent and ocellated turkeys are no exception and even more colorful! They are found in the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico and Central America. The colors seem to shine a little differently on some feathers depending on how the sun hits it.

My reference photos were these two images:

Ocellated Turkey Reference 1 photo Meleagris_ocellata1.jpg

Ocellated Turkey Reference 2 photo ossturkey.jpg

The resulting pyo phoenix:

PYO Phoenix - "Ocellated Turkey" photo IMG_7095.jpg

PYO Phoenix - "Ocellated Turkey" photo IMG_7098.jpg

PYO Phoenix - "Ocellated Turkey" photo IMG_7093.jpg

PYO Phoenix - "Ocellated Turkey" photo IMG_7096.jpg

PYO Phoenix - "Ocellated Turkey" photo IMG_7100.jpg

Stalker Turkey phoenix is stalking behind shubbery…
                  PYO Phoenix - "Ocellated Turkey" photo IMG_7083-1.jpg

No. It is like a clear paint with really super fine sparkles in it. They are barely noticeable in regular light, but in direct sunlight, they show up. It is applied in thin layers and the more layers, the more sparkle. The black rainbow sparkle pebble critters that Windstone sold sparkle from this kind of paint. In bright sunlight, they sparkle with so many tiny little rainbow sparkles. It’s a pretty neat effect, but the airbrushed kind is really pricey automotive paint.

You can buy the raw pigment powders, and hologram powders and mix your own paint with either water based, or solvent based carrier…I have some, and I plan to use it on my PYOs in the upcoming months. ^^

What a gorgeous Phoenix you painted for Melody. I love the back view of the wings.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 124 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.