fbpx

PYO question

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody PYO question

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

πŸ™‚ Good enough reason. Of course, there are fishes missing scales or birds missing a feather, so why weren’t those brought to life? πŸ˜€
      Just kidding, I’m just poking holes in the fairy tale.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

πŸ™‚ Good enough reason. Of course, there are fishes missing scales or birds missing a feather, so why weren’t those brought to life? πŸ˜€
      Just kidding, I’m just poking holes in the fairy tale.

Errr…..magic paintbrushes have strict quality control standards. Only perfect creatures are brought to life. πŸ™‚

Maria
      Participant

πŸ˜† Okay. No more arguments come to mind against that.

By the way, here’s one version of the folk tale.

I think the version that I read before was somewhat different…there was an evil emperor in that one…

Maria
        Participant

Thanks!

Melody
          Keymaster

Arlla wrote:

Melody – are the PYO griffins in their final mold, or are you still changing some details on them? Because as a painter I have a few suggestions…but only if want them.

The pyos griffins are done. What are your suggestions?
            Ha, I just read all this , and all I can say is I tryed to fix all the glitches Nambroth found on the first sharp feather casting, but didn’t get them all! The eybrow wasn’t detailed well at all on the off side, so I recarved the feathers into the epoxy casting. That is why the detail looks sharper on that side.
            The PYO griffin I have here has four toes on each foot! … though, this is a soft feather one…I did recarve one foot; his left hind foot, because it was too big. I’ll have to get a sharp feather one and check its toes.

Starbreeze
            Participant

mimitrek wrote:

By the way, here’s one version of the folk tale.

I think the version that I read before was somewhat different…there was an evil emperor in that one…

Thanks Mimi. I really enjoyed that. I think I heard a slightly different version at some point, too, but I have no idea where it is.

I’m glad you liked it! I was trying to find the version that I had read a long time ago, but I couldn’t find it anywhere either.

Starbreeze
              Participant

mimitrek wrote:

I’m glad you liked it! I was trying to find the version that I had read a long time ago, but I couldn’t find it anywhere either.

Actually, I think I read a similar story once where instead of paintings, it was tapestrys and they left a few threads undone on the tapestry to keep things from coming to life. It must’ve involved magic thread.

You know, I think I’ve read that too…but it was so long ago that I can’t remember the story at all…

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

LOL! I never even noticed the toe thing until I read this! Now it’s as plain as day! Hmmmm, how funny.

However, I HAVE noticed the eyebrow feathers on eac side are completely different. That does bug me, but I just paint in feathers that match and it seems to look just fine. Mel is only human afterall.

Has anyone noticed on the PYO wolves there are 2 totaly different stamp positions on the bottom? I think since I got 12 I easily caught that. The embossed stamp itself is the same, but off by about a half an inch when you put the felt pad on. At first I thought just the felt pad was cut wrong, but when I lined two of them up, side by side, the stamp is way on the right side on one and around the center of another. …weird

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.