fbpx

PYO question

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody PYO question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Melody – are the PYO griffins in their final mold, or are you still changing some details on them? Because as a painter I have a few suggestions…but only if want them.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

-J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
        Participant

I did notice that he has more detailed feathers on one eyebrown than the other..and his belly is seperated on one side and not the other.

Maria
          Participant

The funny thing his detailed eye ridge is on the off side.

Arlla
            Participant

yeah, the ridge of eye feathers over only one eye was one of the things I was going to mention…along with two toes on the left foot looking like a uni-toe…and a few other things…

-J R R Tolkien

SPark
              Participant

I’d noticed that too! The eyebrow thing doesn’t bother me, they’re not perfectly symmetrical, so I’m not to fussed about that, but the foot thing was really weird when I noticed it. I’m all “why does he have four pawpads, but just three toes on this foot?”

I guess Melody is a human being after all. I sometimes wonder, you know? *grins*

Maria
                Participant

I only noticed the three toes when I got to Cerberus. Had to fake the impression he had four toes with shading, but it worked.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Now thats funny, cuz all of mine have very seperate, distict toes…

Maria
                    Participant

Really? That’s strange. I just checked Pliny and my yellow-eyed and both of them have their middle toes on their left paws grown together.

SPark
                      Participant

I bet if you look again, you’ll notice that one foot only seems to. If you actually count them, there are toes there, but there’s only three, and the other has four. (I can’t think how we’d have some with more toes than others… Dunno, guess maybe there might be other versions, but all of mine have three one one foot, four on the other, but four pawpads on both.)

Skigod377
                        Participant

Nevermind…I was thinking toenails. I see… yep… not enough toes.

SPark
                          Participant

Did you ever hear the Chinese fairytale about the artist who was SO good that his paintings seemed real, who got a magic paintbrush that could bring them to life? He never quite finished them, always leaving off a scale somewhere, or a feather, so that they would stay paintings.

Maybe that’s why Melody doesn’t quite make hers perfect, if she did they might get up and wander off!

I remember that story! And that’s as good a reason as any… 🙂

You guys are really observant. I hadn’t noticed those things you mentioned until I read the posts just now, and Nam’s griffin has been sitting right in front of me for months.

Maria
                            Participant

Cute story, SPark. I just wonder why he didn’t go back using a regular paintbrush instead of bothering with the bring-to-life one if he didn’t like its effect?

As I recall, the magic paintbrush was able to make the paintings look very lifelike, and he couldn’t do the same with a regular paintbrush.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.