fbpx

problem at school – being taken care of

Home Forums Miscellany Community problem at school – being taken care of

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

The school system needs to do something with that boy. I think at the very least he should be expelled from that school.

Skigod377
      Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

The school system needs to do something with that boy. I think at the very least he should be expelled from that school.

Ditto. And someone please find out where he got the idea to make that threat. He may be being abused at his home and its showing up with actions like these.

Heather
        Participant

Purpledoggy is right. That little monster who threatened your son is going way off the grid of “normal” bullying, and needs to be yanked up short. Where the heck did he get the notion to threaten someone with rape, of all things? ๐Ÿ‘ฟ What kind of home life does he have? Get the police involved; at the very least they should be suspicious that the bully himself has been seeing things (or worse) that he should never, never have. He may still be young, but a teen who solves his social problems by threatening to rape people needs major straightening out, and fast. Otherwise the little dear is going to follow through one of these days. And I for one have a rather final solution that I would recommend for dealing with rapists. And it’s not neutering them. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

You are a good mother and have done plenty well in raising your boys. You can’t be there every waking minute, and when the boys get into their mid-teens they will start thinking in terms of what they want to do with their own lives. I think self-defense lessons are an excellent idea. They bring the most benefit to a child who doesn’t advertise his learning, just practices in private and stays alert in public. Everyone needs to know how to defend themselves, and it’s always best to not depend on a weapon. Enroll both boys in self-defense (jujitsu and judo are great). Look for a teacher who is not out to wallop the class through earning the highest belt rank in the least amount of time. We want someone who is there simply to teach, and teach well. I wish I knew a teacher in your neck of the woods!

Hang in there; this is the kind of threat that no parent should see looming over their child. We’re here if you need moral support!

siberakh1
          Participant

Good call on getting right on top of that and do keep us posted! Even if the other kid threatened as a joke, he needs to know that threats like that are serious and can have serious consequences and won’t be tolerated. My twin brother is overly sensitive to stuff too.

I highly recommend a self defense course, or even a martial art (if he would be interested – not everyone is interested in such a thing). It can help boost confidence that if someone were to attack or try something, there are things you can do to get away. Even a self defence course can teach you loads. I take Aikido/aikijutsu (can’t do the kicking involved in some other martial arts, like Karate) and I took a weekend long women’s self defense class in college with some of the local police in my college town. It was very informative. I’ve also picked up a few other tricks from talking with one of my sensei’s who knows some moves that, while not something you would use in a “by the book” martial arts match, are easy, and very practical in a case where you just need to get away from a physical attacker. Pressure points are a wonderful thing ๐Ÿ˜‰

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Thanks guys; I’ll let you all know what’s up when I hear back from the school & police; hopefully this afternoon. I’m so glad I have you all…. you just don’t know how greatful I am to have your support. …and while I feel badly for the boy making the threats, I know he has some MAJOR problems at home and the other kids at school do all they can to set him off. I want him to get the help he needs but want my kids safe too. I worked to hard to get them here (10 years) and I have no way to replace them…… Thanks again. I’ll keep you posted.

Oh, and Ski, Ethan LOVES your pink poad. I think it’s funny that Sean likes the curlies, Ethan likes the poads and they both LOVE the young dragons in shades of green and red ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum

tdm

Andrea
              Participant

Ditto Ski!
                This screams abuse in the other kids home. I would consider calling CPS and letting them know what happened.
                How is your boy?

We just had something like this happen to my daughter. No rape threat, but was beaten up in the bathroom by another girl and pantsed.

We made sure the school followed up and keeping us informed.
                Really it’s all you can do.
                Luckily, Ash bounced back pretty good and has no ill affects.

darjeb
                Participant

You were absolutely right to get the police and the school involved this is nothing to fool around with. Especially if the other boy may have been abused at home I think it would make him more likely to take it out on another child who is smaller than he is so be careful and keep doing as you have been by keeping a close eye on things. I also would be jumping on the backs of the school boad about this.

Sorry to hear about this TDM. How old do kids have to be to get thrown in juv. hall?? It sounds to me like this kid has serious issues at home. Have you called his parents yet??

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

apperantly what happend is that it was another boy who told Ethan what Dakota had threatend. This other boy does everything in his power to get Dakota into trouble. There is a core group of kids that are causing so much disruption that plans are being made to split them up and move them to the other middle schools in the area, each about an hour away. Mr. Jensen is our Principal and School Superintendant and has been on the problem from the first of the school year. He has said “No More! This will NOT be happening in my school” The parents haven’t been willing or able to take care of the problems so the trouble makers will be removed from our school and placed elsewhere. Rod and I hace also signed the boys up for track which starts March 25. My family were all track and field. I ran 440’s, hurdles, 100 yard dash and high jump. My brothers pole vaulted and hurtled. Our friends that own the gym in town are starting a self defense course because of what’s been going on in school and the boys are signed up for that as well. Thank you so much for letting me vent, and cry and be angry and just support me even though I’m a really weird person at times! You just don’t know how much your support means to me…… Thanks again,

Beckie Campbell
                    twindragonsmum

tdm

What is wrong with some kids??!! Seriously! Twin, I totally agree with everyone else. You did the RIGHT thing by getting the police and school involved. I also agree in calling CPS or DCS whatever it is called in your area. Rape isnt an idea a 12 year typically comes up with on his own, especially toward another boy. I would absolutely contact his parents. Maybe he(the kid) is getting these ideas from an older sibling or watching something inappriate the parents aren’t aware of.

How is your boy doing? I’m so proud of him for telling you about this! That in itself shows good parenting.

Totally agree about the self defence or martial arts classes. Even is it isn’t thier ‘thing’, maybe just a few classes would help in a scary situation….

lastly, I feel so badly for you. As a parent I know exactly what you must be feeling. I also applaud you for showing enough restraint not to go and smack the kid, I don’t think I could. Please please please let us know how this works out. *hugs* *hugs for your boy too*

Skigod377
                    Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Oh, and Ski, Ethan LOVES your pink poad. I think it’s funny that Sean likes the curlies, Ethan likes the poads and they both LOVE the young dragons in shades of green and red ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
                      Participant

So glad this is being taken care of.

Katherine
                        Participant

Wow, getting the police and the school system involved is great. This type of thing should not be tolerated!

I’m glad to hear the school isn’t just brushing you off!

lamortefille
                          Participant

You’ve had lots of good advice so far, so I’ll just send you lots of good thoughts. *hugs*

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/36343

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.