fbpx

Private Message Emails – are you getting yours?

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Private Message Emails – are you getting yours?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

I am doing a bit of research.

In your account, under the “EDIT” tab, you can have the option to receive emails when you get a new Private Message.

Those of you that have chosen to get emailed when you get a new Private Message…

1. Are you getting the emails (if you signed up to get them)?
      2. If not, what email provider do you use? (hotmail, msn, gmail, yahoo, roadrunner, etc, etc)

Thanks for your help!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Heather
      Participant

I am getting my private message emails. If it helps, I am using an account connected with the college I work for.

Stephanie
        Participant

I always get mine!

kitsunelady
          Participant

I get mine. o_o

littleironhorse
            Participant

I’m getting the emails and I use gmail.

etruscan
              Participant

Yes, I am. I’m using Comcast.

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Yes, I am. I’m using Comcast.

Ditto this here. I get mine.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                  Participant

signed-up and getting them

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

siberakh1
                    Participant

I get mine, but when I am already logged onto the forum and someone sends me a new message, I have noticed that I don’t usually get a notification that a new message is in my inbox. I don’t end up finding out until I get home and find the new message email.

Different issue, but related, so I thought I would mention it.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

I get mine, but when I am already logged onto the forum and someone sends me a new message, I have noticed that I don’t usually get a notification that a new message is in my inbox. I don’t end up finding out until I get home and find the new message email.

I think this is a known thing and there may not be a ‘fix’ for it… if you are signed in you won’t be notified of them, this is universal for everyone.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

I use gmail, and do get the emails that notify me I have a new message.

Hannah
                        Participant

I think this is a known thing and there may not be a ‘fix’ for it… if you are signed in you won’t be notified of them, this is universal for everyone.

I don’t know about anyone else, but when I am logged on to the forum I still get notification of a new private message in my email if someone sends me one when I’m logged on.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

kitsunelady
                          Participant

I never log out of the forum (deliberately, anyways), and I usually leave my computer on, with a tab open to the forum – and I still get the emails about new PMs.

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Sorry, I was a little confusing. If you are logged in, and get a new PM, you should still get the email. You simply won’t get a notifier on the forum itself (like a little banner “1 new message!”) is what I meant.

kitsunelady
                              Participant

Ohhh. We’re supposed to see a banner? o_o; Where’s it at? If I go to “My Account” and I have a new message, I do see a button that says “(#) new message(s)” next to the “write new message” button…is that what you mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.