fbpx

Pricing on new colors

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pricing on new colors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Melody, I was just wondering why gold is a “higher segment” price than ruby, even though they’re both basically one color? For example, the ruby male is $110, and so was the peacock before he was retired. Now gold and EmPea are both $115, like rainbow and Black Gold. Was peacock cheaper because it was so old, and now EmPea is priced higher because it’s a lot of colors, like rainbow? And is gold priced like Black Gold because it’s somehow hard to paint?
      I hope these questions make sense. πŸ™‚ I’m just wondering, because now the only color left with lower pricing is Ruby.
      I’m not trying to question the company policy or anything. I think you could ask for even more and we’d probably pay it. I would!

Maria
      Participant

Skigod377
        Participant

Maybe its inflation…

Maria
          Participant

Maybe. If you look at the Astral Castle Windstone Encyclopedia, the prices have continuously going up, a couple bucks at a time. But I was still wondering about the difference in work between gold and ruby coloring.

Yeah…I remember way back when…LOL! πŸ˜†
            The prices go up every year, but the amount of dealers go down…hence inflation is what I am betting on too. But doesn’t matter to me, next year I hope to double my income and become one with Nirvana!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Maria
            Participant

Good for you, WSC. I hope you realize you just left a big opening for a snide Ski-ish or Nirvana-ish comment.

I don’t mind…It keeps me on my toes! πŸ˜‰
              Ski buys alot, but she sells some of them too… πŸ˜‰ I don’t…hence the reason I don’t have my own store!! 😳

Maria
              Participant

Neither does Ski. But hey, if she did for some odd reason decide to open a store with her awesome collection, she’d be sold out in no time flat. I’d get that famous Circle of Old Warriors, and afterwards ask her what’s ailing her…

Melody
                Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Melody, I was just wondering why gold is a “higher segment” price than ruby, even though they’re both basically one color? For example, the ruby male is $110, and so was the peacock before he was retired. Now gold and EmPea are both $115, like rainbow and Black Gold. Was peacock cheaper because it was so old, and now EmPea is priced higher because it’s a lot of colors, like rainbow? And is gold priced like Black Gold because it’s somehow hard to paint?
                  I hope these questions make sense. πŸ™‚ I’m just wondering, because now the only color left with lower pricing is Ruby.
                  I’m not trying to question the company policy or anything. I think you could ask for even more and we’d probably pay it. I would!

well, it’s like this. We haven’t raised our prices enough in the past! We forgot to. So, we either have to up the prices on everything, or just kinda inch them up on new stuff.I haven’t looked at the prices, so I really don’t know what they are now!

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

The prices go up every year, but the amount of dealers go down…hence inflation is what I am betting on too. But doesn’t matter to me, next year I hope to double my income and become one with Nirvana!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

I don’t think Louis would aprove…. 😯

He tends to be the “If you touch my girl I’ll make sure no one knows you existed” Jewish Italian type…. πŸ™„

Maria
                    Participant

Hmmm, that’s milder than I was expecting from Nirvana.
                      Oh, and thanks for the answer, Melody.

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

I don’t think you’d wake from the nirvana of that experience…..I’ve put Louis into a coma like sleep before πŸ˜‰ Lucky for me he woke up the next morning! LoL

Maria
                        Participant

That’s more like the usual, Nirvana.

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant

:mrgreen:

Skigod377
                            Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

I don’t think you’d wake from the nirvana of that experience…..I’ve put Louis into a coma like sleep before πŸ˜‰ Lucky for me he woke up the next morning! LoL

Thats more like it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.