fbpx

Posting icons swapping

Home Forums Miscellany Community Posting icons swapping

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Yeah, I have problems like that from time to time. So what I do is look for when I have last logged in or try to remember what days I haven’t read.

Jodi
    Participant

I have a different problem. I’ve gone back to old threads and discover somebody had answered a post of mine, but it never showed up as a new post to me. I can’t imagine what caused that. Of course, if you told me, I still probably wouldn’t know. 🙂

It could be old age too… I just didn’t see the new post message.

Skigod377
      Participant

emerald212 wrote:

I have a different problem. I’ve gone back to old threads and discover somebody had answered a post of mine, but it never showed up as a new post to me. I can’t imagine what caused that. Of course, if you told me, I still probably wouldn’t know. 🙂

It could be old age too… I just didn’t see the new post message. If you come here to check a new posts and then leave before finishing, it marks all the posts as read, even if you didn’t read them. I have missed several like that and didn’t even notice till much later. I recently found one where I had made someone mad but didnt even realize it till I was bored and going through old topics one day.

Jodi
        Participant

I understood that! Thanks, Ski. That explains a lot. Sometimes I check at work and I don’t get to everything, so I go to check at home and probably don’t see it again. I’ll try not to do that anymore.

emerald212 wrote:

Sometimes I check at work and I don’t get to everything, so I go to check at home and probably don’t see it again. I’ll try not to do that anymore.

When I have that problem, I do a search for “tha* OR the* OR thi* OR *ing* OR *and* OR *ear* OR *one*” (search for any of the terms, not all of them).

That search will list every post on the forum in descending order, so you can go back to the date/time of the post that you last checked and see all of the ones which have been updated since then.

SPark
          Participant

O.o!!!

I’m getting a very odd problem along these lines now. When I view a thread, sometimes it’s not marking it viewed! The “new posts” icon is staying there, even though I’ve read everything that’s posted in that thread. Even if I go and come back a few minutes later.

This is weird.

Jodi
            Participant

Oh, good. I thought it was just me. I have that too. I read the last post and I think, haven’t I read that before?

Did you refresh your screen after viewing the post? On some computers I need to actually do a refresh before the status of the post changes (i.e., changes from “unread” to “read”), while on other computers it refreshes automatically when I go back to the previous page.

Jodi
              Participant

Well, I read the threads I wanted to read and left the site. Then I came back later and the threads I left still showed as unread. I suppose more people could have posted on them, but it seemed odd.

SPark
                Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Did you refresh your screen after viewing the post? On some computers I need to actually do a refresh before the status of the post changes (i.e., changes from “unread” to “read”), while on other computers it refreshes automatically when I go back to the previous page.

Not only did I refresh, I clicked the “mark all posts as read,” saw that they WERE ALL MARKED AS READ, left, came BACK, refreshed again, and THEY WERE MARKED AS HAVING NEW POSTS! And they didn’t!

Very strange…sounds like there’s a bug in the system.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.