fbpx

Polyhymnia

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Pretty muse GB! Matches very well! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
    Participant

TY, GB…I will let you know when she arrives…

What kind of bird is Eurus based on?

Jodi
      Participant

A downy woodpecker. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
        Participant

That should come out really cool! We have one of them around here, but we don’t see him too often.

Maria
          Participant

I searched for a good hour, collecting pictures. There’s not a single good pic out there of the whole bird with wings spread. πŸ˜•

Jodi
            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I searched for a good hour, collecting pictures. There’s not a single good pic out there of the whole bird with wings spread. πŸ˜•

That’s a pretty good pic. The female was back bopping around the tree trunk outside my kitchen window. I went out and took a photo of her, but it was still pretty far away, even with my zoom. If I got any closer, her head came up and she looked ready to fly away, so I just stayed back and tried to take a good one. I’ll post it in a minute.

Edit: Here it is.

This one is a female. I can tell because she doesn’t have the red spot on the back of the head. GB is painting me a male version with the red spot.

Maria
              Participant

There are plenty of pics of the bird sitting on things. But you know how the griffin is posed? What I need are pics of the woodpecker with wings spread, so I can see the underside.
                I found two very small and lousy pics of the wing undersides. The rest will be imagination! πŸ˜€ I hope to do some more work on him tonight.

Jodi
                Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

There are plenty of pics of the bird sitting on things. But you know how the griffin is posed? What I need are pics of the woodpecker with wings spread, so I can see the underside.
                  I found two very small and lousy pics of the wing undersides. The rest will be imagination! πŸ˜€ I hope to do some more work on him tonight.

I think imagination works. If there aren’t that many pictures, and it’s hard to discover, more than likely no one will know if it’s wrong or right. πŸ˜€

Leigha
                  Participant

Or…you could always let a cat run out there and catch one for you…then you’d get a truly upclose view of one πŸ˜€ only problem is catching your cat after it’s got it’s new prize. My kitty used to catch them and bring them to the house to play with them. She was such a good hunter ^^

Maria
                    Participant

πŸ˜† Two problems with that. We don’t have any cats, and the downy woodpacker isn’t native to Switzerland.

Jodi
                      Participant

No, it’s a North American bird. Sorry. πŸ™ I’m sure it will still be great. GB is very good at painting PYOs to resemble birds.

Maria
                        Participant

Even if it were a native bird, I’d still work off internet pictures. πŸ˜€

Jodi
                          Participant

Yeah. Birds don’t really sit still much.

Maria
                            Participant

πŸ˜† Well, Eurus is half done. Literally. He’s like that character in Batman. Joker – was that his name?

Pegasi1978
                              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

πŸ˜† Well, Eurus is half done. Literally. He’s like that character in Batman. Joker – was that his name?

Two Face had a face split in half – one side normal, the other grotesque.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.