fbpx

Poad eggs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Poad eggs

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    rock-reader
    Participant

wouldn’t that be the other way around? they were looking for a “pure white one” in your reptangle

I’m guessing that the creature from the alternate dimension, the “Vel”, will go into the white egg and become a poad. Hence, poads lay eggs but don’t reproduce, since they lay “empty” white eggs. Once the Vel is in the egg, then the egg needs to be brooded (is thst a word?)u until the vel, now a poad, “hatches”.

Melody
      Keymaster

TDM, you are reading the Veligent, Melody’s graphic novel, right? She is currently detailing the origin of poads….

Yup, I am… I just tend to think of off the wall things that I’m curious about and so I ask…

tdm πŸ™‚

You keep me thinking! These questions are the reason I stuck in that part about where poads come from, in The Veligent. It wasn’t originally in this part of the story!

twindragonsmum
        Participant

:bigsmile: πŸ˜‰

tdm

tdm

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Never mind, I just found the answer to my question. Pass the skittles please…

tdm πŸ˜€

tdm

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Does a poad’s diet get reflected in their droppings? I don’t know what our clutter has been eating lately, but they’re squabbling over whether they are producing “black diamonds”, “black spinel” or black garnets…

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

rock-reader
              Participant

Does a poad’s diet get reflected in their droppings? I don’t know what our clutter has been eating lately, but they’re squabbling over whether they are producing “black diamonds”, “black spinel” or black garnets…

Goodness, tdm! what are you feeding your poads?? Granite? Schist?? Charcoal Briquetts? I know exactly what my four are eating – their droppings are tiny “hummingbird egg” jelly beans… πŸ˜€ and my sugar bin is empty…again!

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Goodness, tdm! what are you feeding your poads?? Granite? Schist?? Charcoal Briquetts? I know exactly what my four are eating – their droppings are tiny “hummingbird egg” jelly beans… πŸ˜€ and my sugar bin is empty…again!

*SNERK!* I really don’t know what they’ve been eating since they’ve basically been left to their own devices since I’m in the middle of moving households from Idaho to Utah… :bigsmile: I’m in Utah during the school week for Sean and hit Idaho on the weekends to see Ethan and pack like mad!

tdm πŸ™‚

tdm

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Melody has said that poad eggs can follow along behind another poad, so I was wondering if the poad inside the egg could vacate its’ shell evert now and then to do some extracuricular exploring, or do they remain in their shells until they hatch?

tdm

Melody
                    Keymaster

Oh yes.

Melody
                      Keymaster

Melody has said that poad eggs can follow along behind another poad, so I was wondering if the poad inside the egg could vacate its’ shell evert now and then to do some extracuricular exploring, or do they remain in their shells until they hatch?

They always stay in their egg. They know where they are going when they are inside.

LadyFirebird
                        Participant

Oh yes.

I’m thinking Poad-poop jewelry! Will these be hitting the store any time soon? πŸ˜€

Melody
                          Keymaster

Oh yes.

I’m thinking Poad-poop jewelry! Will these be hitting the store any time soon? πŸ˜€

Of course! I was totally planning to make poadite jewelry. I picture it looking like little turds of dichroic glass… but how to make them not look like plain ol’ blobs of dichroic glass?? It is another project on the list that we have never quite gotten to.

Melody
                            Keymaster

wouldn’t that be the other way around? they were looking for a “pure white one” in your reptangle

I’m guessing that the creature from the alternate dimension, the “Vel”, will go into the white egg and become a poad. Hence, poads lay eggs but don’t reproduce, since they lay “empty” white eggs. Once the Vel is in the egg, then the egg needs to be brooded (is thst a word?)u until the vel, now a poad, “hatches”.

Yep! You are pretty close.

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

:bigsmile: When tadpoads are newly hatched are they terribly cranky with more of a tendency to bite the hand that feeds them so to speak? And what is the best diet for tadpoads?

tdm

tdm

twindragonsmum
                                Participant

How long does it the eye spots to develope into more “mature” markings?

tdm πŸ™‚

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.