fbpx

Poad eggs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Poad eggs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

Oh sure….You’re probably popping skittles. 😉 Email me your phone #. Kyrin needs it too, oh, and probably Ladyfirebird. and Nat and……did I miss anyone? 🙂

oh… those sour skittles… yum
      Oh wait, I am talking about the candy…

Melody
      Keymaster

How much do Poad eggs weigh? and can you get more than one Poad from one egg?

twindragonsmum 😀

No. One per egg, if any. Not all poad eggs will have poads in them.

Melody
        Keymaster

Quoting Melody… 🙂 “They lay eggs and hatch from eggs, but do not reproduce”

twindragonsmum 🙂

:stare: I need some more tea to contemplate that one hehe.

Hmm…hermaphrodite cloning critters…. “O_o …It works. ^_^

No, even hermaphrodites reproduce. Poads don’t.

Eh, sorry, but if they’re creating more of their species then they are, by definition, reproducing. They’re not sexually reproducing, and if you say they’re not hermaphrodites I guess they’re not reproducing in that way either, so I guess they reproduce by magic, because they are making more of themselves. Unless the eggs they lay actually have a rejuvenated version of themselves inside and the older body dies. That would be egg laying without reproduction I suppose. [Biology major talking]

Nope. They don’t die, or reproduce , but new ones hatch from the eggs.

Bodine
          Participant

Poadie clones. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
            Participant

Hybrids? Somebody (Melody, maybe ?) said they are a combination of parrot and guinea pig, but I don’t know if that is a true statement or just descriptive.

Melody
              Keymaster

Poadie clones. :bigsmile:

Nope. Each is unique.

Melody
                Keymaster

Hybrids? Somebody (Melody, maybe ?) said they are a combination of parrot and guinea pig, but I don’t know if that is a true statement or just descriptive.

That’s just a description. I never know what else to tell people when they ask what a Poad is.

etruscan
                  Participant

So Melody says that the eggs are brooded under, or carried in the pouches of adult members of the clutter, and she also says that the eggs are roughly the size of a ping pong ball. If the pouches are on Poad bellies, and Poads have little legs, and a “pregnant” Poad has an egg the size of a ping pong ball in her pouch, do her legs reach the ground?

Melody
                    Keymaster

So Melody says that the eggs are brooded under, or carried in the pouches of adult members of the clutter, and she also says that the eggs are roughly the size of a ping pong ball. If the pouches are on Poad bellies, and Poads have little legs, and a “pregnant” Poad has an egg the size of a ping pong ball in her pouch, do her legs reach the ground?

When the egg was inside the poad her feet reached the ground, so having eggs outside in a pouch wouldn’t add much to the belly size. A brooding poad probably would have some trouble walking, but Poad eggs don’t need to be carried. They follow the adults just fine by rolling.
                      That is how I know I have a real poad egg; when I set it down it rolls away.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Does it roll in any particular direction? Or just “away”?

twindragonsmum

tdm

Melody
                        Keymaster

Does it roll in any particular direction? Or just “away”?

twindragonsmum

Mine seems to roll to the right, but that is also the direction my drawing board warped, perhaps there is a connection.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

So, poad lore states that poad eggs explode at times. Is this how they hatch, or is it just exploding? If it is hatching, does that combat the theory of hatching beak- or butt- first?

tdm & twindragon1 (Eth) :bigsmile:

tdm

Melody
                            Keymaster

So, poad lore states that poad eggs explode at times. Is this how they hatch, or is it just exploding? If it is hatching, does that combat the theory of hatching beak- or butt- first?

tdm & twindragon1 (Eth) :bigsmile:

The poad eggs that explode are the ones without poads in them.

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

Do poads hatch butt or beak first? And what sort of minor surgeries can they be trained to do? Do you suppose they could do micro surgery to repair my feet? Eth wants to know if poads are born with fangs, like milk teeth, or do they go through a grouchy “teething” phase and what do they use for teething rings?

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

Melody
                                Keymaster

Do poads hatch butt or beak first? And what sort of minor surgeries can they be trained to do? Do you suppose they could do micro surgery to repair my feet? Eth wants to know if poads are born with fangs, like milk teeth, or do they go through a grouchy “teething” phase and what do they use for teething rings?

tdm :bigsmile:

They hatch beak first like a normal creature.They have small fangs when they are hatched that aren’t functional until the poad is about half grown. Young poads are very grouchy. Even adults can have a nasty streak. It might be visible running down their backs. Poads don’t chew with their fangs.The fangs fold up flat against their upper beak when not needed. They can however, really destroy things with their powerful beak.
                                  Kade’s poad is just barely old enough to begin working in the field, but she and Kade have trained together as a team in various simulations of field emergencies, so she has learned to do some minor surgery… so far she has learned to remove splinters.This is not a small job if you are stationed in a part of the wilderness that is full of prickers – ones that can be a large as toothpicks.
                                  She is also an exceptionally good surgical assistant, and is well drilled on all the instruments and procedures that a Veligent employs.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.