fbpx

Please Help Windstone Support a Marketing Class at OSU

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Please Help Windstone Support a Marketing Class at OSU

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Bodancia
    Participant

Would also be nice to have Windstone sculpts appear in gift shops again. I first discovered Windstone in the wonderful Wicks n Sticks stores. Was very sad they went out of business. Which is part of the problem, gift shops kind of went away for awhile. I see them cautiously coming back now.
      I stopped counting my Windstones when I got to over 150! ! LOL
      Corvallis really is a beautiful town – it would be a lovely place for a Windstone convention. We would only have to invade the factory once, and perhaps in small groups (or only winners of a lottery drawing or something)! I could see a special grab bag existing at such a convention, where you got to draw a number and then actually pick out the one you want…
      Anyway, all kinds of fun things could come out of this.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

Completed the survey😇
        Have hecka more then I thought. LOL
        Natasha, the nice men in white coats might come for me too;maybe we can be room mates if that happens ?? Tee-Hee

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Don’t forget the upcoming renewed interest in Graphic Novels…. The Veligent kickstarter seemed like a great success…. maybe putting The Veligent on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. (and Rue Day when it’s done) could be explored. I also really LOVE patches and the Poad patches Melody did were fabulous. Maybe Poads, Tadpoads and Baby Poads in various colors? And the Magnets done for the Kickstarter? I collect Magnets – those designs could easily transfer into buttons or lapel pins too. Items that aren’t as costly to make in volume and aren’t as expensive for collectors or people in general to purchase. OOOOOOOoooooooo! Poad Gift Wrap and Gift Bag designs! Greeting Cards (blank inside) and Bookmarks!!!!! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
          Participant

How about poad plushes? Ones to match the production colors in the store. Might be a good way to get younger generations hooked. Heck, I’d love a clutter of stuffed poads on my bed lol.

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
            Participant

How about making a video game? Look at simple games like “Fiends”,making a killing Something bringing the Windstones to life would be so awesome!😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Natasha
              Participant

I LOVE the idea of a factory convention as long as it’s not on a Jewish Holiday period where I can’t get off work. If they decide to do that, maybe put up a bunch of different dates that work for Melody & Crew, and let people vote on when is most convo for the majority of attendees. I’d be happy to pay for a factory tour/painting demo/etc. Maybe sell a PYO add on where we get to paint an item that’s usually not PYO (say a baby or colt uni, etc). That way, Melody would be able to make sure they were marked as not “official” Windstone pieces. We could also have a dinner one night included, etc. Again – these are all things I would expect to pay for and would want it to be cheap enough that several people could afford to go, but expensive enough that Windstone would be making a profit to make it worthwhile.

I LOOOOOOOOVE Bodanica’s idea of a grab bag lottery – draw your lineup in real time, then you get to pick out which one you want. If it was a large grab bag and a small group, you might be able to buy more than one piece (if there were leftovers after everyone has done their “first pick” and further leftovers could be sold in the store for people that couldn’t attend?) And lastly maybe a raffle where you could buy tix to have Melody paint a commission piece for you. How simple or detailed she is comfortable with, so maybe limited to a theme like “Halloween” or “purple pinto.” Etc.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                Mother: Okapi
                Gothic - Mahogany
                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Bodancia
                Participant

I absolutely love Natasha’s suggestions on a potential Windstone convention. Factory tour, dinner together, grab bag lottery, a PYO class maybe, conducted by Melody or Gina (what fun that would be), I see lots of fun possibilities! !
                  I am not a marketing person (always been a business analyst/systems analyst by trade), but I would guess that it is not practical to suggest items that Windstone does not currently make, unless it is something that could easily be done without extra staff.

The beauty and glory of Windstone are the wonderful sculptures and the amazing paint jobs! ! How to get those out in front of people again. I personally am not a convention person, but I am well aware of many fantasy and science fiction cons. I have a lot of connections with the Tolkien Society and their big conventions. Curled dragons would sell very well at one of their conventions! At certain select bigger conventions (DragonCon for example) it might be very worth the while to have a booth/table with Windstone products. People at a Science Fiction/Fantasy convention would LOVE Windstones. They’ve probably never seen them. Smaller figurines that are not so heavy might sell very well (hard to lug an Old Warrior around a convention floor). You could easily pop a smaller dragon, unicorn or pegasus into your backpack or bag, along with a lovely full color pamphlet that shows off a range of sculptures and colors. Seeing examples of the bigger dragons and griffins and realizing that they could buy them off the internet once they get home could really inspire that crowd.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Bodine
                  Participant

Great ideas but it’s doubtful I would be able to go but great ideas.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
                    Participant

Getting Melody as a GUEST at a convention would usually have the convention pay expenses to have her there, as opposed to just vending where Windstone would have to buy a booth and pay all travel expenses.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Aaron
                      Participant

Very happy to take the survey and try and help. You all are one of the most amazing companies I’ve ever encountered (amazing quality products, outstanding and personal customer service) and so much more. We all want you to be profitable and to continue making dragons and more for years to come!

Nightcrow
                        Participant

This was fun! Like everyone else, I had a hard time calculating how many Windstones I own… had to open up a spreadsheet and make a quick list of sculpt/color to get an idea of the total! And of course the next day I realize I missed at least one. (I always wobble a little over whether PYOs should be counted, too; they’re sort of a different thing, especially when considering questions like “what drives you to collect Windstones.”)

I hope the class has a lot of fun – and maybe some head-scratching moments! – sorting through all of our data! 🙂 I’d love to see some of the trends or spreads they get from the collected responses.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Melody
                          Keymaster

Well, I wasn’t going to say anything about this ’till it got closer to the date, but I did accept an invitation to attend a small Sci-fi fantasy con in Seattle, as “Artist of Honor”. It will be next September. I haven’t shown at a con before, so I am a little nervous. Gosh, I would love to meet some forum friends there if anyone can make it!

LZ
                            Participant

Then you have a lot of time to make an outline for your panel presentation! Good luck.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

tig3r06
                              Participant

Woo hoo!!! I’m in spokane, hope I’ll be able to go!

Melody
                                Keymaster

John has been looking into poad™ plushies.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.