Please Help Windstone Support a Marketing Class at OSU

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Please Help Windstone Support a Marketing Class at OSU

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Davis
    Keymaster

(and in doing so, support Windstone too)

Some of you probably remember the very beginnings of Windstone when Melody and I were living in a $400 dollar a month rental house in Los Angeles and driving a beat up old Volvo. When the business took off we ended up employing as many as 60 people, and we made some money as well as tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of beautiful figurines. Well now, post-recession, we are back down to half a dozen employees, driving a seventeen year old Hyundai and still wondering if we can ever again get Windstone back to profitability.

So, when we were offered a chance for Windstone to be the term project for a marketing class at Oregon State University we eagerly accepted. And we were presumptuous enough to say “we bet our customers will be willing to help the students with this”. As you know, Windstone is not exactly your typical textbook business and any help we can give the class to understand who we and our customers are will, I am sure, be deeply appreciated. The work produced by the students should give us a much better understanding of how to market Melody’s artwork in this post-recession economy, and help get the business back on its feet.

We have met with the class and they are a group of bright and promising students. Hopefully you can spare a few minutes to complete the survey at this link: https://orst.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cvuDs7lOPxYbRFb and give the class some stats to work with. This is a completely anonymous survey with no linking to your web presence.

Thank You from all of us at Windstone,
      John and Melody

Bodancia
      Participant

Yup – I’ve already filled out the survey! I think it’s a great idea! Although I really had to do a little research to come up with a reasonable guess at the number of Windstones I own…

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Bodine
        Participant

Wow,guess?lol
          Done.😊

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

fatalbeauty
          Participant

did it and had my husband do it too….

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bullsquid
            Participant

I completed the survey. I made a spreadsheet of all my Windstones, so I knew exactly how many I have, which made me wonder, how did I amass so many?!

I’m curious to see what conclusions or advice this marketing class will develop for Windstone Editions.

StormDancer
              Participant

I filled out the survey this morning. I agree with Bullsquid in my curiosity to see what conclusions or advice this marketing class will develop.

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

LZ
                Participant

I love surveys!

Considering how things are now, trying to get the attention of an “Instagram influencer” or an actual celebrity (Oprah’s Favorite Things list?? Ellen?) to plug the product by sending free samples, or silly viral advertising like Arby’s has been doing, would be my guess for marketing suggestions.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

sherry10151982
                  Participant

This definitely requires an update!! I filled my survey out!!

Bodancia
                    Participant

I loved the notion of a Windstone Fan Convention at the Factory! ! What fun! (I’m sure the staff is cringing – no no no)

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Natasha
                      Participant

I did this last night and I actually counted my pieces…Oof. Nobody tell on me, or the nice men in white coats might come for me…

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

pipsxlch
                        Participant

I filled it out immediately also. The Windstone convention does sound really fun, but as Bodancia said maybe too much for the factory to handle? And ouch I’m at the opposite corner of the country… maybe a degree of carpooling would be helpful?

Just thought of something… some sort of annual object, like a Christmas ornament? Only sold by preorder, and only that many made? Or at least only a limited number made, and the item is permanently retired then. It wouldn’t have to be anything fancy, a sew on patch would do.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

HA! I didn’t do a spread sheet but I did count all mine up and I’m amazed that I could have 191! Granted most are smaller sculpts – like Poads, Foops, Mini-Beans, pebbles, Baby Unis, smaller GB pieces and such… but Wow!

I’m from a Marketing/Advertising background, so I’m also curious on what the class will come up with.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                            Blocked

The survey was fun to fill out! I liked the questions and ideas for events. I took a guess at how many pieces I have so I just recounted and got 250 but that also includes a lot of small pieces, tadpoads and bean poads. Wow, I’m also surprised at how many pieces I have amassed.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                              Participant

My count is down but still have 130.They add up quick don’t they.

Bodine
                                Participant

How about sending a big dragon to Elon Musk/Space X DRAGON is trending heavily.👍😆 He would love it.Possibility of lots more sales.People would see it because you know he would display it.Who wouldn’t?
                                  Never know.
                                  I watched a painter on the Gulf Coast paint a huge mural,gave it to the library and suddenly he was known all over,on the local news and plenty of work came his way.
                                  Stranger things have happened.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.