fbpx

Pebbles

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pebbles

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Barrdwing wrote:

Oh mercy, Pam, not a dove that young! ๐Ÿ˜† I was thinking of a fledgeling: same general shape, but with the feathers grown out, and a more adult beak. That steamshovel look the baby doves have . . . I had someone bring me one saying it was a baby pelican. :scratch:

Heather
      Participant

Bingo! And I see this dove is very considerate: it’s brought along a dollar to pay for all those lunches it’s been getting during rehab. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pam

You mean for the rest of her life ๐Ÿ˜€ She’s a spoiled pet, not a rehab.

Nicole
          Participant

LOVE that baby octopus! thanks for showing that pic ๐Ÿ˜€ And that baby dove with the dollar is much cuter.. but those beaks are so huge on them still at that age. I think for sculptures the small beaks would be cuter

Pam

I don’t think their beaks change size, the feathers just get bigger. Here is a picture of her after 2 months.

Andrea
              Participant

What’s with it’s beak? Is that normal?

pipsxlch
                Participant

LOL it’s normal- I’ve raised ‘orphan’ baby doves, and they ALL have that huge honker. ๐Ÿ˜† @ ‘it’s a baby pelican!”, it’s big but not that big! And mourning or even collared doves, they’re small, a lot smaller than pelicans… ๐Ÿ˜†
                  Love teh teensy octopus- what about one of those Dumbo octopus? Or a banana slug…

Melody
                  Keymaster

Pam Thompson wrote:

I don’t think their beaks change size, the feathers just get bigger. Here is a picture of her after 2 months.

awwwww!!!!

megamibabe16
                    Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

baby octopus!!!

that’d be a sweet little pebble critter!

tdm
                      That is just too adorable, and that dove looks so fluffy!

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Pam, I love your dove! I love all doves! I love all birds! Please send help!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Pam

Jennifer wrote:

Pam, I love your dove! I love all doves! I love all birds! Please send help!

Eh?

Hannah
                          Participant

oh my gosh Pam, your dove is soooo cute!! I fell in love with birds when we rescued a cockatiel when I was in High School – he was definitely a part of the family – I miss him so much!!

Does your dove have a name?

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

That’s it, I’m going to paint a dove.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Pam

Yeral wrote:

oh my gosh Pam, your dove is soooo cute!! I fell in love with birds when we rescued a cockatiel when I was in High School – he was definitely a part of the family – I miss him so much!!

Does your dove have a name?

Her name was originally Fijit, but later my mom renamed her Penguin because she sounds like an emperor penguin when she screams (doves aren’t all sweet cooing). I just call her bird.

Hannah
                                Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

Her name was originally Fijit, but later my mom renamed her Penguin because she sounds like an emperor penguin when she screams (doves aren’t all sweet cooing). I just call her bird.

Aw, Fijit is an awesome name! All of them really are, since they’re likely loving pet names ๐Ÿ™‚ She’s seriously adorable.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.