fbpx

Pebbles

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pebbles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Melody,

I adore everything you’ve shown us so far of pebble cats and now the fennec. I’ve been actively looking at and studying animal sculpture for a while (not nearly as long as you or others but I am not new to it) and these critters are the first to hit me in a “must have” sort of way, which is saying something!! They are fantastic, full of character, and wonderful shapes. They are not bogged down in detail and say more about the character of the animal than most artists ever can do.

If i can afford it I will be after these pebble animals in earnest!

I also think that they will have a huge appeal among animal lovers and wildlife art fans/collectors as well. This may be an opportunity to expand your collector base as well, which I know is important in the faltering economy at the moment.

In Closing: I LOVE THEM.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Azurielle
        Participant

Now, these are going into regular production, or LP? Also in agreement with Jennifer! These are all awesome.

Out of curiousity, how many pebble sculptures are there now? And will you be making any fantasy ones, like dragons, or winged kitties (sleeping winged kitty pebble cat…i would die right then… πŸ˜† ), or just regular animals?

Keeper of the Fledgings

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Just adding my two cents worth and saying I like this! Can’t wait for them to come out. πŸ˜€

LOVE THE FOX! can’t wait to get one…. or twenty. haha!

siberakh1
            Participant

OMG! I love these! That fox is adorable! Same with the pebble cats shown so far! Great small presents for people (and picking up for myself as well πŸ˜€ ).

Jasmine
              Participant

Love, love, love it!! And I really, really, want the pebble cats. squeek* squeek*

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

I agree with every word, Jen! It’s an excellent time to release the pebble critters. For those of us that are struggling in this economy, those little pebbles will be something we all can reach. It will be nice to have something like that little fox to brighten up these dreary times. πŸ™‚

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

Ditto Pebles!
                    I love the Fennec! Here is my happy Fennec cry!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su3ovMsFXMg

Pam

I wonder how many forum members made that sound when they saw Melody’s blog today.

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

I totally agree with Jen. I think you will appeal to a lot of people. I know they appeal to me πŸ˜€ . As a production item, I think the pebble animals would do very well.
                        On a side note, have you ever considered sculpting a pebble bat πŸ˜‰ ?

machineguts
                        Participant

I agree wholeheartedly! And I feel the same way about these Pebble critters, they are the first sculpt that appeal to me in such a way where I must have them, if not to feel them most of all! It looks like they will not only engage the collector visually, but also by sense of touch. Kind of along the lines of a Worry Stone, only in the form of a beautifully visualized animal sculpture. Very well designed Melody. πŸ™‚

Melody
                          Keymaster

Jennifer wrote:

Melody,

I adore everything you’ve shown us so far of pebble cats and now the fennec. I’ve been actively looking at and studying animal sculpture for a while (not nearly as long as you or others but I am not new to it) and these critters are the first to hit me in a “must have” sort of way, which is saying something!! They are fantastic, full of character, and wonderful shapes. They are not bogged down in detail and say more about the character of the animal than most artists ever can do.

If i can afford it I will be after these pebble animals in earnest!

I also think that they will have a huge appeal among animal lovers and wildlife art fans/collectors as well. This may be an opportunity to expand your collector base as well, which I know is important in the faltering economy at the moment.

In Closing: I LOVE THEM.I am so glad you like this guy, Thank you so much! Compliments from ALL of you mean a lot to me!

Melody
                            Keymaster

purpleturtle wrote:

I totally agree with Jen. I think you will appeal to a lot of people. I know they appeal to me πŸ˜€ . As a production item, I think the pebble animals would do very well.
                              On a side note, have you ever considered sculpting a pebble bat πŸ˜‰ ?

Have you seen those white bats that hang under banana leaves? OMG soo cute! Only some animals lend themselves to being pebble-ized, however. Some just refuse to do it, like the wolf and ferret I tried. Part of the success of this idea may be to stick to animals that don’t look stupid in a lumpy pose.

Melody
                              Keymaster

KoishiiKitty wrote:

Ditto Pebles!
                                I love the Fennec! Here is my happy Fennec cry!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su3ovMsFXMg

The sound on my computer doesn’t work! -but I have heard that they squeal like little pigs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.