fbpx

Pebbles

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pebbles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

are the kitties going to be production at some point?

Those all sound adorable.

Yes Kitties will be production too. I am figuring out how to paint them.

Tuxedo kitties? πŸ˜€ I’d say orange tabbies but I can imagine they’d be VERY difficult at such a small scale.

I’d love to see some pebble creature all black with the magic invisible paint

Yup, I was planning to do exactly that … ran into trouble with the paint supply though. It’s always something.

Syn
      Participant

The pebbles are so small, each one woudn’t need much paint. They’d be super extra mega awesome! Even if the price was higher than $28

I would love to see anything in the chameleon paint. πŸ™‚

Melody
        Keymaster

The pebbles are so small, each one woudn’t need much paint. They’d be super extra mega awesome! Even if the price was higher than $28

We have tried dichroic paint, it shifts between two colors.It doesn’t show up very well indoors on a small piece. I wonder if chameleon paint would even show on a small piece? It seems that most of these fancy paints need a smooth, car sized thing out in the sun to show well.

siberakh1
          Participant

This would be awesome! I’m really liking these pebble creatures in a way, more than the larger pieces, in their simplicity and zen feeling. They have a very nice feel in your hand, like a stone you would rub or a smooth netsuke.

A glacier or very light, like an ice blue sprayed fox would be lovely!

Can’t wait to see the others! The cats that have been on ebay have been GORGEOUS, particularly the night sky one, and the feathers, koi and jellyfish ones. πŸ™‚

There have been some dual toned paints that I have seen, though the brand I remember has since been discontinued (I think… I’ll have to look) that you could spray anything, like ornament bulbs or vases, etc. and they would flash between colors, like green to silver or purple to blue, or red to orange. They showed up well under indoor lighting conditions, but again, not sure if they still exist, or if they would show up well on something the size of a pebble, but they did use it on ornament bulbs, maybe the same diameter of the bottom of a soda can? Not too far off from the size of the fennec.

You’re right. A lot of the automotive paints do require a larger surface outside to look right. I’ll ask my older brother and see if he knows of something that isn’t so picky that’s automotive.

Melody
            Keymaster

This would be awesome! I’m really liking these pebble creatures in a way, more than the larger pieces, in their simplicity and zen feeling. They have a very nice feel in your hand, like a stone you would rub or a smooth netsuke.

A glacier or very light, like an ice blue sprayed fox would be lovely!

Can’t wait to see the others! The cats that have been on ebay have been GORGEOUS, particularly the night sky one, and the feathers, koi and jellyfish ones. πŸ™‚

There have been some dual toned paints that I have seen, though the brand I remember has since been discontinued (I think… I’ll have to look) that you could spray anything, like ornament bulbs or vases, etc. and they would flash between colors, like green to silver or purple to blue, or red to orange. They showed up well under indoor lighting conditions, but again, not sure if they still exist, or if they would show up well on something the size of a pebble, but they did use it on ornament bulbs, maybe the same diameter of the bottom of a soda can? Not too far off from the size of the fennec.

You’re right. A lot of the automotive paints do require a larger surface outside to look right. I’ll ask my older brother and see if he knows of something that isn’t so picky that’s automotive.

I’m always eager for new ideas!

scenceable
              Participant

We have tried dichroic paint, it shifts between two colors.It doesn’t show up very well indoors on a small piece. I wonder if chameleon paint would even show on a small piece? It seems that most of these fancy paints need a smooth, car sized thing out in the sun to show well.

Car sized windstone? You know you wannnntt to. πŸ˜›

WolfenMachine
                Participant

I found some paint that shifts colors-two kinds. One that shifts between blue and purple and another that shifts between green and orange. I plan on painting a PYO phoenix in it. I tried it out on a Breyer horse that is smaller than the male dragon and it looks dull and grey inside. Im having a hard time getting a good picture of it too. It does look nice under direct lighting. Plotting ways to make it look nice. Its not dichroic though, its more of an interference.

Carolyn
                  Participant

I got my pebble fennex fox and he’s precious . I think I’m addicted to them .

Melody
                    Keymaster

I just tried some color shifting paint again-on a fledgling. He turned out a pretty emerald green color, but not much else fancy about him. I walked away to clean my airbrushes in the sink. When I turned around he was bright purple! The color shift happens when viewed from a distance of about ten feet!I was amazed!

Rachel
                      Participant

I just tried some color shifting paint again-on a fledgling. He turned out a pretty emerald green color, but not much else fancy about him. I walked away to clean my airbrushes in the sink. When I turned around he was bright purple! The color shift happens when viewed from a distance of about ten feet!I was amazed!

Cool!

Azurielle
                        Participant

And now I’m drooling….

But serously, For the pebble cat, I love the all black with the sparkle paint!
                          And of course, maybe a siamese?

Keeper of the Fledgings

Trava
                          Participant

I paint miniatures and I use color shifting paint on them. The trick to making it work is that the surface needs to be smooth, it can ripple but the more extreme the bend the less likely you are to see a shift. The consistency of the base color is very important in getting the paint to shift. Mostly they look one color, and then the other (my favorite of the ones that I’ve tried is a purple to green shift). If it doesn’t work at all the piece generally looks black.

Carolyn
                            Participant

Red foxes can come in several colors . Black , silver and cross , which is orange with black tipped fur .
                              Cross Fox
                              Photobucket

Melody
                              Keymaster

I just painted a few fennecs as “sand foxes”. These are a species of fox that is very similar to the fennec but has a grey, black and tan coat. http://www.eyalbartov.com/MammalsofIsrael/Carnivores/FOX/13901901_9wsQkT/3/1020166708_dhAfe#1020166708_dhAfe

KoishiiKitty
                                Participant

ooooo color change fledgy! can we get a sneak photo????

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.