fbpx

Passing of my mother

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Passing of my mother

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jessup Lockhoff
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m writing this in need of
      Some help. My mother has always been a life long fan of windstones since I can remember. She only had a couple while I was growing up but she has grow a collection over the recent years. I’m very sad to say she has passed away august 23rd due to a car accident. We do not plan to sell her collection, as these were pride and joy. She would love to trade with people on Facebook and she would always look on here for the next piece. She loved and appreciated the craft these statues provided. Some of you may have even interacted with her. Her name is Melissa lockhoff. If anyone can reach out to me under my email I can provide pictures of all she has(it’s a lot)

Like I said we do not want to sell anything. But with troubling times we may have to in the near future. Melissa wishes you all love and we will miss her. Bless you all.

Please reach to email below
      Jessup349@yahoo.com

StormDancer
      Participant

I never personally had any interactions with her but l wish you and your family peace and healing.

You could, if you wanted to of course, add photos here in the forums of her collection.

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

fatalbeauty
        Participant

sorry for your loss….not sure if I interacted with Melissa, do you know her forum name?

as Stormdancer said, you can post pictures here, just go to the attachments area when you scroll a little bit more down under the posting area….I’d love to see any pictures, I love seeing what people collected and how they decided what they wanted to collect and not collect……

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

frozendragon
          Participant

So very sorry for your loss, but I do think only sending pictures privately is the best thing at the moment. People can be very crazy over pieces and I don’t think that’s something you’d want to deal with at the moment. Definitely take your time with it.

Ever after Drew
            Participant

I am more than sadden to hear this news. Melissa was one of the absolute sweetest collectors. She once sent me a flap cat I needed for a surprise. She had a huge heart and loving nature. I hope somehow you find piece knowing what a great human being she was. One of the good ones for sure.

EverAfterDrew

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

So sorry to hear this… I saw the news on her Facebook a few days ago. My deepest condolences to you and the rest of the family. It is a tragic loss to the community and to the world in general. She and I had similar views on controversial subjects which made for fun banter. She had a very good reputation in the Windstone community and it will be a little more hollow without her in it.

If you ever need to reach out with questions/concerns I am one of the Official Facebook Group Moderators and primary feedback coordinator. I am Mandy Richardi on Facebook. It can be daunting to list items for a loved one if it has to come down to it. Please feel free to reach out to me any time via Messenger or my email is in my signature.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodancia
                Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news. I traded and bought and sold things with Melissa. We always had nice chats. She was a lovely person.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Shiarah
                  Participant

Oh my gosh! I am SO sorry to hear this! I traded with Melissa once via the Facebook group, she was so sweet. My condolences. May her collection bring you peace in her memory.

Scathach
                    Participant

I’m very sad to hear this. We spoke on Facebook.
                      💔😢

Life is beautiful.

Lauren
                      Participant

I’m so sorry to hear this. I don’t believe we interacted but there’s nothing in life more painful than losing a loved one. I hope that you and yours will have all the time and space that you need right now to be with your grief.

Regarding her collection and pictures of it, I think I agree with frozendragon. I think most people here are just genuinely curious and would be respectful of your wishes. But I do know that there have been instances of people pressuring others’ to sell when they didn’t want to — perhaps unintentionally, I’m not sure. I would hate for that to happen to you all.

If it ever does come to a point that you do decide you want to part with some of her pieces, I would select the ones you feel confident in selling and only those to picture and post either here and/or on the Facebook group. Also, if you need appraisal because you’re not sure what prices that would be appropriate, I would recommend emailing Susie here at Windstone. She would be an unbiased party and I’m sure she would be happy to help you.

Nightcrow
                        Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about your mother! If I knew her it was only by her Forum name, but there’s a good chance given how long I’ve been in it myself.

Please pass on my condolences to the rest of your family.

Drag0nfeathers is a great resource if you do decide to let some pieces go – she’s been in the hobby a long time, has repaired some of my pieces personally and was great to work with, and has lots of experience in packing and shipping Windstone pieces so they don’t break in transit, as they’re a lot more fragile than non-collectors may expect.

This community is also a good resource for identifying pieces; there’s an identification thread for that purpose here: https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/windstone-identification-thread/ if you should ever need it – for pieces you want to sell, or pieces you want to keep and just want to match up to a box or note in an insurance record.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Sinajfae
                          Participant

I am very sorry for your loss.

VS
                            Participant

I’m very sorry for youf loss.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.