fbpx

Opal Dragon's PYO *Mobius and Pyrois added 4/22*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Opal Dragon's PYO *Mobius and Pyrois added 4/22*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

I just loooove the wings on that last dragon!

And the phoenix… congrats on using the typical phoenix colours in a new way. I just love it!

My first phoenix I had to go with the traditional color scheme ๐Ÿ™‚ When I first saw a PYO phoenix I thought of the red golden pheasant, their color patterns and combinations look as close as I have ever seen to how I always imagined a real phoenix would look. I promise next time I do a phoenix I will break out of the box a bit! Glad you guys seem to like the ones I have done so far 8)

Misty
      Participant

Did you paint glass eyes for him? I have some clear glass eyes that I’ve wanted to experiment with but I’ve always been afraid of painting the backs of them for fear that it will look funny XD This looks awesome though! Did you just use regular acrylics?

Yup, I painted just plain glass eyes for him, I used acrylics but put lots of clearcoat across the back. You have to be kinda careful the acrylic scratches or peels off the glass very easily. I also sometimes use something called “glossies” from liquitex, these are made for glass painting, in this case I wanted the color to match the hand mixed green I used on the dragon so used regular acrylics. But a little extra care was worth it I think, the dark green eyes I got with this one just didn’t look quite right.

I am glad you guys like my critters ๐Ÿ™‚ It is a lot of fun painting them!

Misty
        Participant

Misty
          Participant

My latest dragon, the first keeper I have done. I call her Regal Rose, though the colors were inspired but my stargazer lilies out back. My husband was shocked that he liked a pink dragon lol. Hope you guys enjoy!

These two were taken with some cloud cover, some of the paint I used is very translucent so the colors show up quite a bit different.

Thanks for looking!

Hannah
            Participant

Oooh I really like this one!! Reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Grayfire_artz
              Participant

wow the work on this is just stunning!

Misty
                Participant

Glad you guys like her :party: I love painting windstones, it’s so much fun :love:

Illith
                  Participant

Those wings are stunning! He’s so beautiful, awesome job!

moonbeam
                    Participant

This guy is stunning! I like the markings on his head and wings very much. Great job!

Hannah
                      Participant

Wow, he’s quite lovely! I love the color scheme, and the contrast with the teal eyes ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice job!!

Adaneth
                        Participant

Those wings are fantastic! Love the head markings too–great job! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mmloda
                          Participant

That Griffin is cool!

Marzena

Misty
                            Participant

Glad you folks like him! He is the last one I will get to paint until I get back from vacation towards the end of the month. Maybe then I will try a Kirin 8) Sure wish PYO unicorns would get back in stock, would like to do a couple of those as well!

Misty
                              Participant

Regal rose, but with light red eyes. This one is a commission but I thought people might wanna see what this theme looks like with different eyes. It also gives the buyer a peek at their soon to be dragon =)

Hannah
                                Participant

Beautiful!! You did a great job recreating this scheme ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 236 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.