fbpx

Opal Dragon: PYOs *Tranquil Grotto, Demeter, Cloud Nine added 2/2*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Opal Dragon: PYOs *Tranquil Grotto, Demeter, Cloud Nine added 2/2*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Will you be posting pieces for sale in the Classified Ads section with prices, or just posting photos on this thread and wanting interested parties to PM you for a price?

I may do classifieds as well in a day or two. But i am fine with PM anytime =) I havent set up a classsifieds add yet becuase I have been deciding what to sell from my collection lol. priorities!

Misty
      Participant

These are awesome so far! Did you repaint shimmer’s horn silver, or did she come with a pewter horn?

Its painted on and laquered to heck and back. It was one i originally did for my own collection. So if sold whoever buys her will just have to take a little extra care with the horn 😉

Bodine
        Participant

I LOVE SHIMMER!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Lauren
          Participant

How did you prime the horn? And how many layers of lacquer on top of the painting? I’m really curious because I’d love to do something like this myself…

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Awesome as always!!! Love them! Can’t wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

I still am dying for another Diamondback piece from you one of these days!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

How did you prime the horn? And how many layers of lacquer on top of the painting? I’m really curious because I’d love to do something like this myself…

I did this before as well, I used one of the Deco Art silver pens on the horn and then sealed it about 3 times. Still looks great and it’s been several years now!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lauren
                Participant

I did this before as well, I used one of the Deco Art silver pens on the horn and then sealed it about 3 times. Still looks great and it’s been several years now!

Well, shoot. I don’t have deco art pens or any access to them, sadly. I don’t suppose it could just simply be painted over with a silver acrylic and then lacquered multiple times?

Misty
                  Participant

i use the pens as well. and 3 sounds about right for the layers of laquer. I have used paint in the past too. it has a tendency to bead up, but if you dont thin the paint down and use a few layers it works as well!

Finally have a decent photo day again. So will be taking more pics this afternoon. Have a unicorn and a dragon coming up.

And DF, i have two diamondbaclks right now. One was a cancelled commission and the other was my original. If you make me a reasonable offer, i will sell the original for a whole lot cheaper 😉 lol thats the thing about trying to build funds. makes you offer discounts!

Kim
                    Blocked

I love the rainbow colours on Shimmer. What would you be asking for each kirin?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Misty
                      Participant

175 and shipping on the kirins. feel free to PM me, i will answer faster lol. i forgot to check here to see if anyone said anything! I will get the rest of the pics up soon I promise. things got busy again for a bit.

Misty
                        Participant

“frosted Violets”

new one =P

photo frostedviolets2_zpsbb4f6932.jpg
                           photo frostedviolets5_zps55b7acad.jpg
                           photo frostedviolets4_zps56e6e62b.jpg
                           photo frostedviolets3_zps9416d414.jpg

Misty
                          Participant

The very first PYO I painted was a small dragon i called ember. Well here is “ember” all grown up lol, same design redone for a keeper

photo embertwo2_zpscb2bdd81.jpg
                             photo embertwo3_zps8ed729de.jpg
                             photo embertwo4_zps7ba815ed.jpg
                             photo embertwo5_zps0463d928.jpg

Prezaurian
                            Participant

The very first PYO I painted was a small dragon i called ember. Well here is “ember” all grown up lol, same design redone for a keeper

photo embertwo2_zpscb2bdd81.jpg

I really love how your dragon turned out. The colors are so crisp and rich looking. Really gives him a reptilian leather skin look.

Kim
                              Blocked

Ooh your purple unicorn is so pretty! Too bad I am out of money now to buy anything for a little while.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
                                Participant

The red and gold unicorn mare is at my house now and she is SPECTACULAR! Her pictures did not do her justice at all – the color is much richer than she looked in the photos. Beautiful, just beautiful. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.