fbpx

Olympics

Home Forums Miscellany Community Olympics

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

I watch. Weirdly, I am happy for any athlete that wins and is happy about it.
      It was good to see the chinese divers showing some excitement for winning.

I also do not understand playing for a country you aren’t from or live in.
      Makes no sense. If you are all that,
      you should make the team for your country.

Dragon87 wrote:

“What am I supposed to do, stop being so awesome?”

Is this serious? Or is the whole thing a joke *doesn’t watch Olympics or TV*

its a joke collum that is in the New York times

Ok… *feels… something. Was going to say something, and failed to remember what was going to be said. Now feels s-m-r-t*

Anyone watch Phelps 7th gold race? I really thought he came in 2nd – it was an amazing finish. I like his mom – she’s so sweet! She seems like such a down to earth mom. She was holding up two fingers and then the results flashed and she totally collapsed. I’ve been rooting for him just because I don’t want her disappointed!

Lokie
      Participant

ddvm wrote:

Anyone watch Phelps 7th gold race? I really thought he came in 2nd – it was an amazing finish. I like his mom – she’s so sweet! She seems like such a down to earth mom. She was holding up two fingers and then the results flashed and she totally collapsed. I’ve been rooting for him just because I don’t want her disappointed!

I didn’t see it live but I watched video of it later on. I wasn’t expecting such a close finish so I found myself holding my breath at the end. He’s really amazing and I’m so happy for him 😀

Didn’t he win by a couple hundredths of a second or something? Just barely by the skin of his teeth (if teeth had skin – other then plaque buildup :lol:)…

Dragon87 wrote:

Didn’t he win by a couple hundredths of a second or something? Just barely by the skin of his teeth (if teeth had skin – other then plaque buildup :lol:)…

he won by 1 100th of a second , i have no idea how they can even see that small of a time difference

Barbara
        Participant

It was amazing!

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Necron99 wrote:

Dragon87 wrote:

he won by 1 100th of a second , i have no idea how they can even see that small of a time difference

The black pad at the end of the pool registers the ‘touch’ of the swimmer and records the time. Not much seeing going on by human beans…

tdm

Barbara
            Participant

If it wasn’t electronically timed, they would still be debating the winner! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.