fbpx

Old Green (again)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Old Green (again)

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

That’s interesting, because all three of my green dragons vary quite a bit in their shades of green. Not that I mind! πŸ˜€

pipsxlch
      Participant

I agree with Stephanie, there’s so much variation in the color scheme that there would be no need to try for ‘exact’ matches. My fledge doesn’t even look like the same basic colorjob as my original trio.

Seems there are more old green fans out there than anyone may realize- look how quickly the curls sold out, second batch even. Other curl colors often seem to hang out longer. And the squeaking for fledges!

I have a bottle of Golden paint ‘Green Gold’ that looks to be a decent match for the yellowy green base coat on my older dragons. I haven’t looked for (or made) a match on the darker green dorsal color, but I bet Kyrin or someone knows a fair match for it. πŸ˜‰ :squeak: *need praying emoticon*

Anthony
        Participant

I agree with pipsxlch, the original old greens did have a wide variety of colorations. I’ve seen at least 3 so far on the male alone, and the same for the mother/hatching. Besides I’d buy any old green dragon that would get released, I love it ^.^

Jennifer
          Keymaster

The first old greens differed from the more current ones because Windstone changed paint brands. I think that’s where I got it in my head that they discontinued the paint- the very original old green paint I think was discontinued, so they switched to Golden (where they custom mix colors for Windstone).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Heather
            Participant

I really would love an OW in the Old Green, especially with the orange highlights . . . although I’d take one without if need be. I have a feeling that demand will be greater than supply, but that would be one of those pieces that would have me glued to the Store page in hopes of being fast enough to get one. πŸ™„

DantheDragon
              Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

I have a feeling that demand will be greater than supply, but that would be one of those pieces that would have me glued to the Store page in hopes of being fast enough to get one. πŸ™„

Yeah, that’s what has me worried too. πŸ™ I’m at my computer all day long, but it seems each and every time old green is released I’m at school and miss them completely. It’s my fav colour too. If I miss any old green OWs I’m going to be Q_Q over here.

I’m always gone too when it’s something I really want…*grrrrr* πŸ‘Ώ

pipsxlch
                Participant

I’m worried the same thing. I’m the one who said an old green OW was a grail dragon. And seriously, I wonder what I can do to ensure I can have a shot at one. There probably won’t be but a few, and between the seem-fairly-numerous old green lovers and gotta-get-them-all OW lovers… πŸ™„

It just kinda sucks cuz there won’t be Laps and all of the sculpts, like the rest of the colors…Darnit! I had to pick one of the next to worst colors to like the best! (Besides the Brown Emp I been dying to catch ahold of… πŸ™„ )

Bob

Sounds like they should make 10 and send them to e-bay!!

pipsxlch
                    Participant

I agree, WSC. Except for the next-to-worst color to like part- I think it’s the worst! At least brown emps exist and there’s a however remote chance of getting one- like you said, old green is the one color that will never get to be on all the sculpts *cry*. And it’s the only color I really truly love. πŸ˜₯

Hush, DM! *waves wet spaghetti noodle threateningly* 10 on eBay would be great for Windstone no doubt, but think of how fine 25 in the store would be for all of us! πŸ˜›

Anthony
                      Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

I agree, WSC. Except for the next-to-worst color to like part- I think it’s the worst! At least brown emps exist and there’s a however remote chance of getting one- like you said, old green is the one color that will never get to be on all the sculpts *cry*. And it’s the only color I really truly love. πŸ˜₯

Hush, DM! *waves wet spaghetti noodle threateningly* 10 on eBay would be great for Windstone no doubt, but think of how fine 25 in the store would be for all of us! πŸ˜›
                        Why 25, they could do 50 so we all have a better chance of getting one xD

Mmloda
                        Participant

Oh I really hope that there will some Old Green OW in the store….I REALLY WANT TO GET ONE… πŸ˜€

PLEASE CLICK US AND HELP US HATCH AND GROW UP TO BE THE BEST DRAGONS EVER…. πŸ˜†

Marzena

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.