fbpx

Okay, who was it?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Okay, who was it?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

I think that buyer just has a lot of money to throw around, and isn’t worried about spending too much on something they want. Though getting 2 BVP OWs is kinda weird. He/she will probably keep one and sell the other one later down the line.

Maria
      Participant

I honestly think it’s a bit greedy to want two of the same SE dragon, unless the paint jobs end up being extremely different from each other for some reason. There are 15 BVP OWs out there and a lot more than 15 would like one. πŸ˜•

i agree that is extremely selfish..hell ID like to own a special OW one of these days (wotn happen but i can dream) ><

Skigod377
        Participant

This is how Nirvanacat got introduced to the forum. She just liked the peices and wanted more than one. Selfish or not, if she has the money, let her get them. I know if I had the money, blew $2000 on an SK, then saw one going for less than $1000, I would buy it too.

Atleast 50% of my collection is retired. I love thast factoid! πŸ˜†

Purplecat
          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

All I know is I wish I was the one selling these items. An extra $4000 right now would be VERY nice!!!

I know the feeling….gives you a bit of seller’s envy too, huh? Wow…. πŸ™‚

Bob

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Atleast 50% of my collection is retired. I love thast factoid! πŸ˜†

Mine is now too since Emerald told us all that the Rubies are retiring

Bob

purplecat wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

All I know is I wish I was the one selling these items. An extra $4000 right now would be VERY nice!!!

I know the feeling….gives you a bit of seller’s envy too, huh? Wow…. πŸ™‚
                Not really Envy more like frustration for me like WHY OH WHY DIDN’T I BUY A CAR LOAD OF THOSE AT ORIGINAL PRICE WHEN THEY WHERE AVAILABL?? But then reality sets in and you realize you didn’t becuase even when they where at issue price you could not afford more then what you did and there is NO way to know which ones will sell well later. I have seen a brown male sell for $525 once but all the others seem to sell for around $150-$200. It’s also all in the timing

Maria
                Participant

skigod377 wrote:

This is how Nirvanacat got introduced to the forum. She just liked the peices and wanted more than one. Selfish or not, if she has the money, let her get them. I know if I had the money, blew $2000 on an SK, then saw one going for less than $1000, I would buy it too.

Ski has a point, and I would do that too. But then I would wait a bit and sell the extra. I wouldn’t want two of the same thing.
                  Nirvana sold her extra OW after a while.

Bob

So I’m selfish for having 2 23KT Gold Leaf Hatching Empress Dragons? I think I have heard that before. I wonder what I would have been if I had gotten all 3??
                    Honestly people!! If someone can afford any number of items duplicate of not more power to them. Why is this such a problem here?? It has been brought up several times in the past and was one of the reasons I cut back on posting. I felt like I was being persecuted because at the time I had the money and luck to get them. I got them on e-bay just like everyone else. They may also be getting them to sell in 10 years for 10 times what they paid for it now.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Yep! Too true. And you never know- without asking the person in question, they might be bidding for others (family, friends). Nothing wrong with buying two of something if you have the finances for it! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

DM, you’re not selfish. You have every right to buy whatever you wish.

I doubt that Windstone will ever post a warning, “One per customer”. πŸ˜€

wolflodge100 wrote:

rumsey.2007 is the winner. They are in the UK. I don’t know if they are a forum member or not but they have bought a few pieces lately.

Yup they are in the UK i sold them their first Windstone on ebay so i guess i am to blame, they have been buying everything!

keschete
                      Participant

If you got the cash…it is a free market economy. I have had more than one of a sculpture. I really didn’t count on that happening, and I usually sell them or trade them in the flea market section.

I haven’t needed to sell anything like that on ebay…

But like Ski said…If I got a Special piece for $1000 and the same thing came up for $500 then, I might buy it and sell later to defray the cost of the first piece…say sell for $750 if it was worth it.

Bob

Tintaglia wrote:

DM, you’re not selfish. You have every right to buy whatever you wish.

I doubt that Windstone will ever post a warning, “One per customer”. πŸ˜€
                          i hope not but I have posted that on my checking account for now so I HOPE not HAVE TO’s pop up anytime soon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.