fbpx

Not so great test results.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Not so great test results.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

*crosses everything I can that can cross that it isn’t cancer*…..that’s so horrible, and this is the transplant right? If it is cancer, what are the chances that it was there to beginwith, like from the old donor? What does that do legaly? Not that you need to worry about anything like that right now, I’m just curious as to how and what surrounding it…..time to let my fingers do some jogging thru google.

Big hugs for both you and Danny that the surgery goes quick and painless and that it’s just scar tissue or a minor infection!!! We’re here for you anytime you need us!

MUCH LOVE AND HEALS …..*where’s a Resto Drood when you need one…..*

Laurie
      Participant

Lol I need a resto druid because my resto shammy powers don’t seem to cut it. If this spot is the cancer that this surgeon seems so certain of then it would be genetic to the donor. It showed up on an mri 16 months ago but they said it was scar tissue. This last mri showed some growth so now they said its cancer (just from the mri). I’m pissed because this thing has been there so long and no one did anything about it. When I brought my concern up to the surgeon he said that they don’t make a big deal about every spot that comes up in transplanted lungs. We found out that Danny’s donor was young and had no medical history and didn’t smoke so thats why they are saying this must be some kind of genetic cancer but they are still trying to find out more about the donor. I hope that if this is cancer and it is genetic that they would let the donors family know so they could get tested to make sure this doesn’t happen to them.

I hope they can schedule the surgery quickly. Until the biopsy comes back no one knows for sure and I will be praying the 10 to 20% chance comes through! Doctors like to think they are always right but I can tell you from experience they can be wrong about things they are absolutely certain of! Keeping my fingers crossed,too.

Bob

Sorry I missed this one some how, well I can’t be on here as much as before so that is how

I’m SSSOOO SORRRRY you have to go thru this like you have not already been thru so much!!
          I hope everything works out for the best
          Good luck and keep us informed

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Just wanted to see if you guys had an update, hope everything is going smooth with not major issues along the way (like the pharmacy /sigh) Much love and hugs!!

Laurie
            Participant

The only update I have is that they are trying to schedule the surgery for October 9th. Danny will be in the icu for a day or two then a step down unit until he heals enough to go home. I hope they will have the results the same day as the surgery but we don’t know. We are leaving for the ocean tomorrow for a vacation we had planed months ago. We figure there is no point in sitting at home stressing so we are just going to live life like this isn’t hanging over our heads. When I know more I’ll let you guys know but right now we are just hoping they can do the surgery on the 9th or sooner and hope that it turns out not to be cancer even though the stupid surgeon is so sure that it is.

darjeb
              Participant

That’s bad I sure hope the surgeon is wrong – my prayers are with you

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

The only update I have is that they are trying to schedule the surgery for October 9th. Danny will be in the icu for a day or two then a step down unit until he heals enough to go home. I hope they will have the results the same day as the surgery but we don’t know. We are leaving for the ocean tomorrow for a vacation we had planed months ago. We figure there is no point in sitting at home stressing so we are just going to live life like this isn’t hanging over our heads. When I know more I’ll let you guys know but right now we are just hoping they can do the surgery on the 9th or sooner and hope that it turns out not to be cancer even though the stupid surgeon is so sure that it is.

Ya! Stupid surgeons……Pshhhh don’t know their head from a hole in their butt….hehehe Have a great vacation guys! Hope the sun stays out for ya!

Adaneth
                  Participant

I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation, and are able to set the stress and uncertainty aside for a bit. Best wishes! 🙂

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Relax, get some sun, enjoy your family! Make it a great time!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

Agreed. You need to go and try to put your stresses aside for a little while. I know it won’t be easy, but try to have some fun. I’m hoping for the best for Danny.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.