fbpx

Not so great test results.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Not so great test results.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

I hope they can get the test scheduled asap and stat the results. A friend of mine two years ago had a large nodule in her lung and was told it was most likely lung cancer. They went in and found a walled off infection instead! She’s been fine ever since. With Danny’s history I would think a pocket of infection would be very likely. *keeping fingers crossed*

Katherine
    Participant

Oh my gosh-I really pray it is not cancer! I hope that you guys will be just fine!

Sbianchi
      Participant

I’m really sorry to hear about Danny, I hope the test go well for him.
        My prayers are with you both and your family.

Oh no. I hope the tests go well. I’m praying for you and your family.

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Hugs and Prayers for you, Danny and Alyssa

twindragonsmum

tdm

Laurie
          Participant

Well after alot of phone calls and not so nice conversations we have an appointment to see the surgeon saturday. The head of transplant called us and calmed danny down a little bit. He said cancer is a possible cause of this thing in his lung but that he more suspects an abcess or infection. The nurse who called us and started this whole thing is getting pulled into the office and reprimanded for how she handled this whole situation. From the looks of it Danny will have to get surgery since this thing is so small they don’t think they can get it with a needle biopsy and if they just go in and take it out the first time he wont have to go back under the knife again. So saturday we will know a little bit more and hopefully have a date for surgery. At least my stress level is down a little bit knowing that cancer isn’t at the top of the list of “what could this be” but its still on the list.

Adaneth
            Participant

I’m glad it’s small, and I hope they can get it all, find out it’s benign, and get all this behind you guys. ๐Ÿ™

darjeb
              Participant

That’s horrible news I hope it isn’t cancer. A friend of mine kept having something show up on x-rays of one of her lungs and the dr. kept saying it was cancer and surgery had been schedule to remove the lung and 4 days before the scheduled surgery a pathologist did one more test and said it’s not cancer it is something that can accumulate in the lung and nothing needs to be done. Boy was she relieved. I hope it turns out to be something like this for Danny. My prayers are with you.

Oh no! Some people just don’t know how to handle patients.

I just hope it’s benign and that you and Danny can just put this behind you. You’ve been through so much already, you just really don’t need anything else.

My prayers and thoughts are with you!!

siberakh1
                Participant

That’s better news at least. Hopefully all will go well this weekend.

Laurie
                  Participant

Well we met with the thoracic surgeon today and he says he is between 80-90% sure that it IS cancer ๐Ÿ™„ He said we can either sit and wait to see what it does or go in and take it out. Danny opted for surgery to remove it. They told us that this type of cancer rarely goes to the lymph nodes and is very slow growing so once they remove it he shouldn’t need any chemo treatment. They are going to try and do a video assisted biopsy but with all the scar tissue he has they may have to open him up and remove the tumor. Once its out they are going to send it to the lab for a quick freeze test. If it comes back as cancer they are going to remove part of his lung and sew him back up. He will have a 7% drop in lung function if they have to do this. So now we wait for them to schedule his surgery and cross our fingers that we are part of that 10-20% that isn’t cancer.

That sucks! *hugs* ๐Ÿ™

My thoughts and prayers are still with you – I hope that you’re in that 20% too.

Katherine
                    Participant

I can’t imagine what you must be going through! I hope that Danny will be in that 10-20%. *hugs*

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

I hope everything turns out okay. sucks being on pins and needles waiting for results and such. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Amanda
                        Participant

I’ll be keeping you guys in my prayers. *hugs*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.