fbpx

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Home Forums Miscellany Community No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

With everyone else’s woes, great and small, I’m going to post a little of mine. I’m off from work 4 days a week–2 of them are furlough days. I figure I can get some rest and finally tackle some things around the house I’ve been putting off. In the past, I tried to be helpful to people–do something nice for them or help them out. Unfortunately, what began with an occasional helping hand is turning into an unspoken obligation. ‘You’re off–maybe you can come down and help me with this shipment I’m getting and this thing or the other.’ I guess they don’t think I have a life. My coworker is constanting calling me for one stupid thing after another. She knows I don’t want to be bothered but she calls anyway. I know she does this because it does bother me. She calls about nothing important, just little things.

Well I no longer answer my phone and let these calls go into voice mail. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ This weekend I’m not feeling too good–my shoulder hurts and I woke up this morning with my shoulder blades aching and a headache that ranged from the back of my head to the top. I can’t lift my left arm without enduring pain. It was a challenge getting out of bed trying not to move my upper body. So right now physically, I’m not feeling too good.

I’m sitting here listening to the phone ring with exasperated voices leaving messages. Frustrated because I won’t answer or call them back. Aside from my coworker, one person is someone who manages her daughter’s bird store and I helped her out when her best friend past away last year. It about killed me–I get up at 4:30AM and then I got off at 4PM–was working 40 hours weeks then and I would go straight to her store and wouldn’t leave until 7PM sometimes. I had critters to care for myself and after a week, I thought I’d drop from exhaustion. But she was despressed and I wanted to help. Sorry I did. Now this woman thinks nothing of calling me at work because she knows I have to answer the phone there. I have put my foot down and told her I no longer do things after work anymore and I’ll be down there when I get down there. My critters suffer as well as I. She’s mad at me now because I’m not there for her. Doesn’t stop the b*t*h from calling.

So much for trying to give someone a helping hand or a listening ear when they’re down. No good deed goes unpunished. Their calls are not about how I’m doing and if there is anything they can do for me. It’s more of when you’re coming down–I need help, I can’t do this alone blah, blah, blah. My coworker is more where’s this and where’s that and did I do this or that–little things that don’t really matter. These people are very needy and my coworker is jealous of me–because she feels I have a better life than her–her way of trying to even up the score I guess. :negative:

Oh well, I know this all sounds stupid. It’s just how my little corner of the world is going right now. I can do anything else if it doesn’t require me raising my arm!

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Laurie
        Participant

I wuvs you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Laurie wrote:

I wuvs you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks–I needed that! ๐Ÿ™‚

NirvanaCat13
            Participant

What’s your number? ๐Ÿ˜†

I lubs you too!

And could I borrow a cup of sugar? I’d need you to drive it down too if that’s not a problem…..oh and Yaaaa….I need you to come in on Saturday….and Sunday too….

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

What’s your number? ๐Ÿ˜†

I lubs you too!

And could I borrow a cup of sugar? I’d need you to drive it down too if that’s not a problem…..oh and Yaaaa….I need you to come in on Saturday….and Sunday too….

๐Ÿ˜† I suppose you want me to stay til midnight both days and if I don’t I’m a damn selfish b*t*h who only thinks of herself! ๐Ÿ˜† Had to laugh because my coworker did call me once to ask where the flour was! Guess I should be lucky that she didn’t ask that I come in and show her! ๐Ÿ˜† But it was another one of those calls I didn’t answer!

But I finally got my digs in ๐Ÿ‘ฟ My coworker sent me a real pissy email saying to the effect that she knows I don’t like to be pestered and have caller ID and voice mail and if I don’t answer the phone it is because I don’t want to. Well DUH!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I laughed so hard I almost peed myself–she was getting irritated because I wasn’t playing into her game! God I didn’t know it would feel so good to be so damn mean! XD And this Wednesday, when we’re both in–I’m gonna flame her good–like I’m glad you know I have caller ID and such, so now do you get it b*t*h! And…my arm is feeling much better–I can raise it now though it still hurts when I turn it a certain way. Could there be a connection! XD

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

Hahaha, well good luck with the co-worker! Big hugs!

Katherine
                  Participant

lol, I’ll take your number too! j/k XD
                    Seriously though, they need to stop expecting your help, and just be grateful for when you do help. I hate it when people expect “gifts” or expect “assistance,” and then they get mad at them. It’s suppost to be a random act of kindness, not scheduled kindness.

NirvanaCat13
                    Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

lol, I’ll take your number too! j/k XD
                      Seriously though, they need to stop expecting your help, and just be grateful for when you do help. I hate it when people expect “gifts” or expect “assistance,” and then they get mad at them. It’s suppost to be a random act of kindness, not scheduled kindness.

Amen sista!

scheduled kindness = a form of slavery imho

Jasmine
                      Participant

Would ya mind flying up to Canada to help me move?? J/K!! ๐Ÿ˜€

That is ridiculous. I’d by saying that my pay rate is…per hour, cash only.

laphon1
                        Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

And…my arm is feeling much better–I can raise it now though it still hurts when I turn it a certain way. Could there be a connection! XD

Of course there is a connection! Our mental state has a very strong effect on our physical well-being. And vice versa.

Jasmine wrote:

Would ya mind flying up to Canada to help me move?? J/K!! ๐Ÿ˜€

That is ridiculous. I’d by saying that my pay rate is…per hour, cash only.
                          Don’t forget to get paid in advance ๐Ÿ˜†

LadyFirebird
                          Participant

Get money for my help? Oh gosh heaven forbid! What a gross, gross sin that would be–why I’d die and go straight to hell! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Oh no, no, no–I have to do this for free because they are needy and they’re needy because they’re f**ked up but that’s besides the point–I should be available 24/7 because they can’t seem to get things done without my help. Reminds me of a comment I made to someone who was caring for a demanding and ungrateful elderly relative–you could be there 23/7 for them and they’d b*t*h about the one hour you weren’t there and therefore, you would be considered selfish because you had an hour to yourself!

No pleasing these types of people so I don’t bother–that’s what is getting to them! XD

NirvanaCat13
                            Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

Get money for my help? Oh gosh heaven forbid! What a gross, gross sin that would be–why I’d die and go straight to hell! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Oh no, no, no–I have to do this for free because they are needy and they’re needy because they’re f**ked up but that’s besides the point–I should be available 24/7 because they can’t seem to get things done without my help. Reminds me of a comment I made to someone who was caring for a demanding and ungrateful elderly relative–you could be there 23/7 for them and they’d b*t*h about the one hour you weren’t there and therefore, you would be considered selfish because you had an hour to yourself!

No pleasing these types of people so I don’t bother–that’s what is getting to them! XD

My motto, be selective about who you give favors out to….and make sure they’re the type to grovel at your feet in thanks and bring you sacraficial gifts! ๐Ÿ˜€

LadyFirebird
                              Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

My motto, be selective about who you give favors out to….and make sure they’re the type to grovel at your feet in thanks and bring you sacraficial gifts! ๐Ÿ˜€

Damn right. One thing though–they need me and I don’t need them and by God I’m gonna keep it that way! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.