fbpx

NIEBOZ KIRIN

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Well, you can either confront them or just brush it off. Its up to you.

Mmloda
      Participant

Well i think i’ve already kinda done that, i’ve called evveryone out on it and i can see now the individuals who have explained why they did it or simply apologized and welcomed me here.
        Thats all i need.

Marzena

Kasie
        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Well, you can either confront them or just brush it off. Its up to you.

Your right ski. You can either hold a grudge or move on and use this as a learning experiance for your work.Some members are going to be strait out about how they feel and others may hold back a little to be nice but either way no one is gonna suger coat and you can’t be soft hearted about what they have to say. Say that you have a terrible peice but every one hides there true feelings and you continue to do bad work, you would never learn to do better. The truth may be harsh but it is better than someone saying you did a good job just to make you feel good. But others on here are right, show some dif pics, maybe redo some of it and you might supprise yourself. Everyone has to start somewhere. Heck, I’m doing a few peices myself and lord knows what everyone is gonna say about them!

Mmloda
          Participant

Thanks Adarasky, i totally understand what you are saying, and i do want the total truth from everyone about how they feel about my piece but it can be done in a nice manner and that is all i ask. πŸ˜€

Marzena

Laurie
            Participant

If you’ve done any kind of artwork that you enter in shows/compete you have to be used to criticism. Its just part of the art scene. I used to get some really harsh critics on some of my pieces but I realize thats going to happen. I just take what people say and use it towards my next piece. Sure some times it made me mad but it gave me another perspective on how I could improve my work. In the end it was up to me to use it or not.

Kasie
              Participant

No problemo. I don’t see any reason why everyone couldn’t be nice in their crit. You know things can go both ways. There are pieces that I think are beautiful cause of there colors but are poorly done than there are ones that have a majorly pro job done but I think they are ugly cause of the color scheme. Each to there own I guess. You can’t please everyone!

lamortefille
                Participant

Welcome to the Forum, mm. As others have said, this really is one of the nicest Internet communities. In the short time I have been here, I have seen lots of ideas, artwork, painting tips, opinions and items traded, with a minimum of squabbling or flaming. Anyone familiar with IRC can attest that it is rarely the case elsewhere. I was dismayed to see it going in another direction, so I spoke up. Yes, maybe I am soft-hearted and empathetic. I’ve been called worse, that’s for sure. lol Hopefully, you can “move on” and become part of the group – there is a great amount of good here to be shared.

Let me apologize, I am truely sorry if I offended in any way. And while I don’t care for the piece personally, I do like the color tones you used. I wish there were better/closer pictures to look at.

Alot of the people on here are very nice, truely. Most of them are pro artists. It takes alot of practice to do the work you see here. I, myself am always ready to hear the good, bad or ugly of my stuff. Infact, I usually don’t like what I do, so when I hear someone saying they do like it, I think they are just being nice πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

Welcome!

I was worried you might come and see those posts– try and just let it go.. harder said then done I know– but every one who paints and sells at one time or another gets there toes stepped on.
                  It s hard for me cause I am touchy— I would have cried if they said those things about one of my pieces and the whole thing actually made me a bit worried about reading future posts about my own work– especially since I know I would be hurt if someone said my work was terrible.
                  I hope you continue to paint and work on improving– one of my last pieces barely sold– and a know several people weren’t to thrilled with the colors- but it sold and I know the person who bought it will be happy with it– so thats what really matters. Everyone sounds sorry too…
                  Welcome– maybe everyone was just having a bad day– pms’ing or something πŸ™„ 😯 πŸ˜†

Patricia
                  Participant

~Welcome!~

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Welcome, I’m sorry you had such a bad introduction to this forum. I personally like the colours of your Ki-rin. And for a first try it isn’t that bad. I haven’t tried the ki-rin yet, but so far I’ve found the griffen is the easiest to paint. The dragon was very difficult for me.

I personally like critique. (I have had to beg for critique before.) But, that post about your ki-rin I thought was just cruel. I’ve had times when people have hurt my feelings on here, and I’ve hurt peoples feelings as well. There are times I just have to take a step back, cool off and let it go. I try not to hold grudges. I hope you will continue to paint. I know you’ll improve with each and every thing you paint. πŸ˜€ Welcome to the forums, I hope you stay a while.

Arlla
                    Participant

Welcome to the forum, and I’m sure we all feel bad that you had to come into it under that atmosphere…It’s easy for people to be “cruel” when they’re talking on the internet about people whom they imagine aren’t there – I’m pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that nothing there was said with the intention of hurting you. Ebay seems worlds away, and it’s also a dangerous place! 😈 Many of us view Ebay sellers we don’t know with skepticism and trepidation, as anyone who is familiar with ebay knows that it’s easy to be taken advantage of there.

So anyway, sorry for the rough landing! It really is a much friendlier and warmer place than most forums, hard as thay may be to believe for you now! I hope you find a home here. ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.