fbpx

NIEBOZ KIRIN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

WOW, i am amaized how mean people are on here, this item did not sell because i do not accept personal cheques, so i relisted it.
      I personally like the paint job that i did on it but i did not find the comment on the post * I thought this thing sold already* very nice. I would never say anything about someone elses work that would be that mean.

Marzena

Mmloda
      Participant

Marzena

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

First, let me apologize, for my part in being cruel. There is much to say, and I honestly don’t know how to say it, but in short: I am sorry for the rude and unthoughtfull comments I made.

Actualy, I’m ROFL at the irony in all this =P Remember how I came into this forum?

Thank you for having the balls to call us on it, and for what it’s worth, welcome to the forum.

Maria
          Participant

Some of it may not have been friendly, but people like Water did offer constructive criticism. Maybe you want to make use of it on your next PYO?
            Anyway, yes, welcome.

Skigod377
            Participant

The thread was not to critique your paint job, though I should have expected it, only to figure out why it was listed again. I was confused because I didnt remember there being a reserve. Then I looked at your feedback and the comments about you gouging folks on shipping. Folks will have their opinions though I suppose there is always room for us to be nicer about it.

Yeah I agree with Cat. Its easy to say things when a person is not so real. But we would love to help give you ideas and helpful hints for painting these pyos. But in the mean time I too appoligise for my hasty words.
              As far was why it was relisted…when i have those troubles, I usually state the reason so people don’t jump to conclusions like we did. It was odd that your price jumped soo high and we assumed wrongly that you had a shill bidder. Thanks for clearing that up. We are a protective group of each other. We also were wary because of your bad feedback with high shipping and the fact that you won’t list the shipping price. Overcharging is very underhanded and not welcome. I hope you stop that practice in the future. It will get you more sales. ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrea
              Participant

I agree with GB, while some of the comments may not have been the nicest to hear, a lot was usful if you are willing to take critisism.
                The other post started as a question of whether there was “shill” bidding. Also, we were wondering why you posted a higher starting bid. I mean, it was way higher than what it even ended on the last auction. We get suspicious when stuff like this happens.

For what it’s worth, I hope you stick around as there are a lot of cool people on this board and can offer a ton of advice in the area of painting.

Mmloda
                Participant

Thank you the replys i still find most of the comments very mean, This was my first time painting the kiRin or anythng for that matter and yes I do understand that some of the members did critique my work but they could have done it in a nicer manner.
                  As for the shipping I personally cannot do anthing about the cost, I chrge for packaging and shipping, that is stated in all my auction. If anyone is concerned about the shipping cost they have every right to e mail me asking what the cost will be, after i reply to them they can decide if it is too much for them or not.
                  Also thank you for welcoming me.

Marzena

The people on here are really nice and helpful. I know that this isn’t your first impression tho. Some of the constructive criticism is helpful if you are trying to sell your artwork. I know I am not one of the better painters on here, but I try and paint anyway. I do like the blue belly scales on your Ki-Rin, but maybe if you use the criticism then you will sell your Ki-Rin and you will get a better price. ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to the forum. And this does seem like Nirvana’s crash landing all over again.. ๐Ÿ˜†

Mmloda
                  Participant

I have listed the Ki Rin at a higher price the second time around becasue I found that everone else was listing them at $40 to start. I did not realize that the first time around.
                    I am more than happy to take in any critisism, I am very open to that idea, since i am just starting out, I feel the more advice i can get the better. I think i was just thrown off by the last post and truthfully it did upset me.

Marzena

mmloda wrote:

Thank you the replys i still find most of the comments very mean, This was my first time painting the kiRin or anythng for that matter and yes I do understand that some of the members did critique my work but they could have done it in a nicer manner.
                    As for the shipping I personally cannot do anthing about the cost, I chrge for packaging and shipping, that is stated in all my auction. If anyone is concerned about the shipping cost they have every right to e mail me asking what the cost will be, after i reply to them they can decide if it is too much for them or not.
                    Also thank you for welcoming me.

Yeah that is a problem with the PYO windstones. Many people buy them thinking they are easy to paint like a ceramic at a paint it yourself shop, but they are not. They are highly detailed peices of art. The auctions do clearly state that they are not for beginners. A few of the people here bought “cheap practice” things to paint to practice before doing the complicated ones. There are many little resin dragons you can buy for a couple of bucks to practice with.
                    Its great that you let people back out of your auction if the shipping is too high, but you need to let them know in advance. I would not bid on most auctions that won’t state the shipping.
                    You are welcome here. Really. And we will be glad to help you become the artist you wish to be. But please understand that most of the comments were not really ment to be mean. Its just the truth. harsh…yes….but true. If you want to sell your work you need to be painting the way and at the skill level that your buyers will want.
                    Windstone people are picky. We are used to the best paint jobs in the world. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kasie
                    Participant

Well my opinion was just that, MY opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. You are always going to get someones opinion if you list something or put it in on a gallery. I am a first time painter too but I know that people are gonaa tell it like it is, they like it or not. Its nice to take advantage of comming on to this forum and asking the other members what they think about a painted piece that you’ve done. Well any way this community is awesome, so welcome and enjoy.

frozendragon
                      Participant

mmloda wrote:

WOW, i am amaized how mean people are on here, this item did not sell because i do not accept personal cheques, so i relisted it.
                        I personally like the paint job that i did on it but i did not find the comment on the post * I thought this thing sold already* very nice. I would never say anything about someone elses work that would be that mean.

not to be rude…but in the photos….something looks off…it could possibly be the flash (mine look funny in flash)…

or it could be the angle…or just the background…

and all the people here are really honest about how they feel and what they see….but they don’t intentionally try to hurt peoples feelings….

my suggestion is let us see a picture with a different background possibly black or white…

that shows off the piece better….(I used the beige kitchen floor)

of course they are only suggestions…but I think it would give everyone a better idea of what it looks like…

and like everyone should know by now…everything looks so much better in person than in photos…

and I’m sorry for my comment…but I still would not buy it….but that’s because I’m broke and would not buy anything right now…. ๐Ÿ™

good luck with this one and the ones in the future….because like everyone else you only get better the more you do….

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

mmloda wrote:

Welcome, mmloada. I apologize if I said anything out of line in the two posts I left. I try to be as considerate as possible (when my temper allows, just ask Nirvanacat! LOL) I’ve had my rough patches on this forum myself and with it being the one and only forum I use, I still agree that this is one of the best communities on the net. Please don’t take anything too much to heart. I know some of us feel all too comforatble here sometimes and say things and we don’t necessarly mean them to sound as rude and undermining as they do. We’re all almost like family here and want you to be a part of it as well.

On another note, I applaude you coming to the forum and calling us all out!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Mmloda
                          Participant

Thanks everyone, I will look forward to your critiques, as well as to you comments, I honestly still don’t know how i feel about certain members on here due to the comments that were written in the other post about my KiRin, but i will for sure continue to paint and like i said before all suggestions are welcome, as long as they come in a friendly manner.
                            Thanks again to all the replied.

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.