fbpx

NEW PICTUREAS ADDED! Dapples!! My first PYO Unicorn.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone NEW PICTUREAS ADDED! Dapples!! My first PYO Unicorn.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

LadyFirebird wrote:

She is beautiful! I am just amazed at the quality of a lot of these PYO pieces… But the details on Dapples are amazing! I can only hope I can do half as well.

Thanks, I’ve seen tons of gorgeous PYOs people have done here that I would buy if I had more money to toss around on these things. Lol.

For me, I think the trick is to have a light hand with the paint (dont gunk it on really thick), and I tend to use really thinned down paints for the wolves and unicorns (haven’t a clue why), but not for the dragons and kirins. I use lots of thin layers of paint to build colors on them, think more like a watercolor painting as compared to an oil painting.

Good luck, they’re a blast to paint!

keeproftheflocks wrote:

abatos wrote:

Lovely work! I like your choice of gold for the detailing as well, it compliments the piece :).

Thank you. She ended up going to a woman in Greece who just LOVES her! I was so happy she found a good home. I really hadn’t wanted to sell her. Maybe eventually I’ll get another pyo and make one for myself. 🙂

You’re very welcome. That’s wonderful to hear! I think I can understand, it can be difficult parting with certain pieces but simultaneously I feel better knowing they are going to someone who will cherish them and am happy to hear for you that she loves your work. Yes, definitely :D. Would you keep the same pattern and colours or try some variations? I look forward to seeing it if you decide on another one :). I’d love to see some more PYO unicorns. I recently bought one but am feeling apprehensive about painting it, lol.

Sbianchi
    Participant

She’s beautiful! Love the colors.

abatos wrote:

Would you keep the same pattern and colours or try some variations? I look forward to seeing it if you decide on another one.

For my own, I’d probably copy her pretty closely, I just loved how she turned out. Her pink nose looked so soft you could almost feel the velvet if you touched it. I would definately try some more variations once I got more PYO unicorns though.. she was actually supposed to be a lot paler when I had planned her out, but I just kept wanting more color on her, so she ended up more the sterling color.

abatos wrote:

I’d love to see some more PYO unicorns. I recently bought one but am feeling apprehensive about painting it, lol.

I was too, but go for it! Really! The unicorn and the wolf I was most hesitant about painting, but to me, they were possibly the easiest to do. The paint is a lot easier to put on because you don’t have the bumps and lumps from the scales, you can get smoother blending effects easier. Besides, you have to sort of have one PYO to “get the feel for it”. Be sure to let me see what you decide to paint her as! I bet she’ll look lovely. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.