fbpx

NEW PICTUREAS ADDED! Dapples!! My first PYO Unicorn.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone NEW PICTUREAS ADDED! Dapples!! My first PYO Unicorn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Here she is, my first PYO unicorn I’ve done. She’s a lot bigger than I thought they would be, but I loved painting her. She’ll eventually get ruby-colored stones set in her mane and tail if I keep her. I may put her up for sale on ebay but wondered if anyone would actually bid on her. ๐Ÿ˜•

She’s not yellowy like the lighting makes her look- actually a soft gray (that has just a touch of soft blue tones in it), and her dapples are white towards her spine and shoulders, and get a little more of a softer gray as they fan away towards her legs. She is painted as if she were a cross between a Shagya Arab and an Appaloosa. I named her “Night Sky” because of all of her white dapples. More Pictures are in the gallery.

Here’s some better pics of her color- more angles and the whole shot are in my gallery.

Adaneth
    Participant

She’s very cute–I like her! ๐Ÿ˜€

Lokie
      Participant

Very interesting ๐Ÿ™‚ I wonder what she looks like in different light, especially since her dapples are suppose to be white and gray, but look gold.

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

Very cute. I loves the dapples ๐Ÿ˜€ !

Stephanie
          Participant

Beautiful!

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

omg thats the best unicorn i’ve seen yet!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ i want it

Maria
              Participant

She’s really pretty. Reminds me of fool’s gold or some other sparkly rock.

Lokie wrote:

Very interesting ๐Ÿ™‚ I wonder what she looks like in different light, especially since her dapples are suppose to be white and gray, but look gold.

Yeah, the picture has been bugging me. I’ve taken new photos on my camera (my good cam, not my phone cam!), but I have to shrink em down before I can post them. Will try to have some up later this week.

grayfire artz wrote:

omg thats the best unicorn i’ve seen yet!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ i want it

*blush* really? thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just found out my “two-week layoff” (which has been going since mid december), has just been put to an “indefinate layoff” so I’ll have to sell her. If you’re interested let me know, otherwise I’ll put her up on ebay probably the middle of this coming week.

Angie
                Participant

Very pretty! I thought the spots were metallic gold at first – I can’t wait to see your other photos.

Katherine
                  Participant

Sje is very pretty!

Lovely work! I like your choice of gold for the detailing as well, it compliments the piece :).

abatos wrote:

Lovely work! I like your choice of gold for the detailing as well, it compliments the piece :).

Thank you. She ended up going to a woman in Greece who just LOVES her! I was so happy she found a good home. I really hadn’t wanted to sell her. Maybe eventually I’ll get another pyo and make one for myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

She is beautiful! I am just amazed at the quality of a lot of these PYO pieces. I’m new and have on order 2 PYO Griffins, a winged wolf and a MUSE. Thought it would be safe to practice on the MUSE to get the technique down. But the details on Dapples are amazing! I can only hope I can do half as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.