fbpx

new brown editions

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody new brown editions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

:hi: I was wondering if the sculptures painted in the brown right now is considered a tired piece like the older browns that are retired? I know it was said that it is of the same batch of brown as the older ones.Thank you :bye:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

Melody
        Keymaster

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: I was wondering if the sculptures painted in the brown right now is considered a retired piece like the older browns that are retired? I know it was said that it is of the same batch of brown as the older ones.Thank you :bye:

I honestly don’t remember what the deal is with each and every “new” old brown dragon.. there was a difference between the signed limited production ones and the unsigned limited production ones. The unsigned ones are not retired, and we may re-issue them from time to time. However, you may have to ask other knowledgeable forum members about which ones those are! I don’t remember which dragons, if any, of the “new” old brown color were signed and which weren’t.
          I think we still have several gallons of the original brown paint left, so I can paint more. The “old green” paint is the color we are almost out of.

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I’m really hoping for more Brown Lap Dragons. And maybe a Brown sitting Spectral? squeek* squeek* squeek* squeek* !

Bodine
            Participant

Melody wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: I was wondering if the sculptures painted in the brown right now is considered a retired piece like the older browns that are retired? I know it was said that it is of the same batch of brown as the older ones.Thank you :bye:

I honestly don’t remember what the deal is with each and every”new” old brown dragon.. there was a difference between the signed limited production ones and the unsigned limited production ones. The unsigned ones are not retired, and we may re-issued them from time to time. However, you may have to ask other knowledgeable forum members about which ones those are! I don’t remember which dragons, if any, of the “new” old brown color were signed and which weren’t.
              I think we still have several gallons of the original brown paint left, so I can paint more. The “old green” paint is the color we are almost out of.

:hi: Thank you,and to Ms.Susie,Thank you too.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

purpleturtle wrote:

I’m really hoping for more Brown Lap Dragons. And maybe a Brown sitting Spectral? squeek* squeek* squeek* squeek* !

Now Melody can kick me if I’m wrong, but previously she said that they won’t be doing any more of the Limited Production pieces that were signed, and sadly the brown lap WAS signed so we won’t see any more of those.
                The brown Old Warrior, Lap dragon, Scratching dragon, and Rising Spectral dragons were signed and sold out, so they are done, I think.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

I just doubled checked the store – The Brown Lap description says nothing about it being signed 😳 . That’s why I mentioned that one, because it didn’t specify it was signed, hence, some hope they will be produced again. I know the Risers have come and gone and were signed, but I wasn’t sure about the Spectral sitters :scratch: . I may have missed those completly to :shout: .

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Oh! Maybe it wasn’t! I’m not sure. I know that the OWs, and rising spectrals were signed for sure. I’m sorry if I was wrong!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Melody
                    Keymaster

Jennifer wrote:

Oh! Maybe it wasn’t! I’m not sure. I know that the OWs, and rising spectrals were signed for sure. I’m sorry if I was wrong!

Anybody know?

siberakh1
                      Participant

Jennifer wrote:

The brown Old Warrior, Lap dragon, Scratching dragon, and Rising Spectral dragons were signed and sold out, so they are done, I think.

There are currently 33 Brown Scratching Dragons listed in the Store, so they are not sold out yet. 🙂 They are listed as having a Certificate of Authenticity though. My OW is signed and came with a CoA.

Skigod377
                        Participant

I had both of them and I could have sworn all the old brown stuff was signed. I am positive it was because I remember the certificate. I know the hatching royalty was and so was the fledge… Im not sure about the rest… I never got an OW or riser.

I would love love love the lap, OW, curl, and coiled mother. Only ever saw a lap once on e-bay and I missed her 🙁 I watch closely daily on e-bay 🙂

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

I went and checked my brown riser. He’s signed

Bodine
                            Participant

I didn’t mention which browns sorry,there are so many different ones when you start looking.I have an old “male” and “mother” brown.I’ve purchased a brown”male” new paint.It seems to have a different finish. 😕 none are signed. 🙁

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

I have a brown OW and he’s signed.
                                Okay! I was wrong. The Brown scratching dragon is still in stock! But it is signed, which means that once they sell out, there won’t be any more: https://www.windstoneeditions.com/shop/scratching/
                                I THINK all the brown dragons released through the official Windstone store were signed. We have confirmation that the OW, scratcher, rising spectral, fledge, hatching empress, hatching emperor and hatching kinglet were signed. Does anyone have a lap?

bodine6127,

Oh! You mean the slight differences there are in the brown paint jobs? The variations happened because of different individuals painting them, and also I think that Windstone had to switch paint brands back in the beginning, so there are some that have less ‘orange’ to the brown color than others. However, all of those dragons in the brown scheme are considered “brown” or sometimes we call it “old brown” and once they are retired, that particular dragon will not be issued in that particular color. e.g. the Father/Male dragon (this guy) was retired in “brown” and so no more male dragons will ever be released in this specific color. Does that help?

To find a list of what is retired, you can start here: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/retiredpg2.htm

I hope that makes things a bit less confusing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.