fbpx

New and old projects

Home Forums Miscellany Community New and old projects

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Sorry I’m slow with the pictures. As you can tell, I haven’t been on here much. I’ve been really busy.

The stepdaughter has been staying with us since the 19th. She’s here until Thursday morning, when we are leaving for a science fiction convention (and she goes to her aunt’s if her mother hasn’t picked her up yet). Then I’ll be gone until the following Monday. I’ll bring the laptop with me, so I can check in once in a while. If you need anything, you are better of email than PMing.

I made a great Cleopatra/Isis costume for the convention. I still have a belt/belly wrap piece to make, but I’ll post pics of that too, when it’s done. I had quite the ordeal with this dress. I actually made it twice. The first time it was too small, so I had to go buy more fabric, another pattern (in the right size), and make it again. It was sort of nice, though. I felt like I had a practice run.

Anyway, the dining room is all plastered (walls and ceiling) in the Venetian plaster technique. Next we need to scrape the wainscotting and trim. Then we can paint everything and finish the floor. We also need a medallion for the ceiling light fixture and the new fixture. Then we make and paint columns to hide the pipes and we’re done. It seems like a lot left, but after what we started with, it feels like we are almost done to me. 😀

And, I don’t know if we’re going to do the patio this year now, since I had $950 worth of car repairs recently.

Jodi
      Participant

Jennifer,
        Could you move this thread to the Community section? I feel bad about continuing to post my stuff in someone else’s section.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.