fbpx

New and old projects

Home Forums Miscellany Community New and old projects

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I did some yard work today. We have two new areas for gardening plotted out. We think that with the economy this year, we are going to be planting our own veggies this year for eating. Most of them anyway. We picked up some zuccini plants and some hot pepper plants (jalepenos and habaneros) tonight. Tomorrow we will look for tomatoes and onions and bell peppers. We also want to grow some green beans this year. We already have an herb garden that is doing nicely.

We decided to put the patio on hold until the end of the summer. But we’d like to get the dining room finished before the 14th of June, so we can have a 50th birthday party for the hubby (his b-day is the 16th). So that will be the next focus. We are so close to getting it done, that if we just concentrate on it and keep at it, we should get it done fairly soon.

Jodi
      Participant

Starbreeze
        Participant

Sounds like we need some new pics of the house. πŸ™‚

Jodi
          Participant

The dining room hasn’t really changed yet since the last pics. But I’ll keep you updated, even though this isn’t my subcategory anymore.

Congrats, Peg!

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Thanks emerald! I don’t mind sharing at all if you want to keep the house updates here.

Starbreeze
              Participant

Definitely keep us updated with house pics!! πŸ™‚

Jodi
                Participant

Well, we took off the last little strip of wallpaper last night. Next is patching holes. I will take pics once that is done.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Peeling wallpaper is so much fun. Seriously I love doing it. Could be because I’ve only had to to it a few times in smaller areas. I also love painting rooms! I can’t wait to have a house of my own to decorate.

Starbreeze
                    Participant

Peeling wallpaper I could probably do. Just don’t ask me to stick it on. πŸ™„

Patricia
                      Participant

Ugg, nothing like doing wallpaper. I’ve had it said to me that the best way to test couples planning to get married is to put them in a room together that they have to take the wallpaper down and put new wallpaper up. And it has to have a pattern that they have to match up…This is supposively the ultimate test.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Starbreeze
                        Participant

I can’t even draw a straight line with a ruler!! 😯 Don’t ask me to line anything up!! πŸ˜†

Jodi
                          Participant

Thankfully, we are painting with a Venetian plaster faux finish and not wallpapering. The faux finish will disquise the imperfections in the wall and make some of them look intentional. It’s an old house. We have to make the best of it.

Starbreeze
                            Participant

From what you’ve shown us so far, I’d say you’re doing a fantastic job!! Besides I love a house with history and character. πŸ˜‰

Jodi
                              Participant

Well, we’ve got the walls patched (no more paranoia taping), and we’ve done the Venetian plastering on the ceiling. We had to stop and clean up because we are having a birthday party at the house tomorrow for the hubby’s 50th birthday (his actual birthday is on Monday). I will load and post pics when I can. The ceiling needs painting but the texturing looks nice.

Starbreeze
                                Participant

Yay!!! Pics!!! We’ll be waiting!!! πŸ˜€ Happy Birthday to hubby too!!! πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.