fbpx

Need to talk…..

Home Forums Miscellany Community Need to talk…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

I had cysts on my ovaries at one time and the Ob/Gyn removed them with lazer surgery and that took care of the problem. I also always had extremely painful periods and couldn’t tolerate birth control pills they gave me migraine type headaches. The Ob/Gyn said they were caused by endometrosis. Surgery can also take care of that. Good luck

Hang in there. I think if the doctor thought there was a real danger, he would have got you another appointment much sooner.

Skigod377
      Participant

Im so sorry. I have never dealt with cysts, but I have had abnormal paps. Even went thru a colposcopy and a LEEP. I hope that yours is nothing and even though I will tell you not to worry till you have something concrete, I know you still will. Mine was nothing.

Purplecat
        Participant

I’ve never dealt with that…but I feel for you…*hugs* Let us know how things go. πŸ™‚

I am feeling much better now that everyone has talked to me about not to worry. Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted. *fingers crossed*

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Good to hear you’re feeling calmer. The unknown is always a little scary. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that all goes well…. *I’d cross my toes too but don’t want to tear out any sutures, and I can’t cross my eyes either… Mum always said my eyes would stick that way… 😯 * HUGS!!!!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

I apologize for coming in on this so late, but as everyone said, the best thing you can do is not worry. Worry creates stress, and stress wreaks havoc with your well-being. I think you’ve taken all the right steps so far, so now you must be patient. We’re here for support when you need us. I personally have no experience about what you’re going through, but I do offer you my sympathy, thoughts, and support. Please keep us posted!

Well, I have an appiontment with my normal doctor to see if he can get a refferal into the GYN sooner. The pain is getting more severe and it was hard to sleep. My normal doctor has decided to bring me in early because with the lack of a cycle, and the pain, he does believe that it may be endrometreosis. (spelling) So I only have to wait until Monday. Thank you everyone for being so supportive. I am scared out of my mind, but I know that I have people supporting me. I really appreciate it! Wish me luck for Monday! πŸ˜€

Jasmine
              Participant

Crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

Heather
                Participant

Hang in there! πŸ™ I’m sorry that you’re going through this right now. I’m hoping too that whatever it is, it’s benign and will respond quickly to treatment: nobody needs to be in pain, and goodness knows the uterus can deal a very specially nasty type of pain! I used to have horrific cramps and be sick as a dog on the first day of the Week of Maxipad Devotion. Birth control pills fixed that problem, thank heavens; I was seriously considering getting spayed. A friend of mine had a cyst on her ovary that caused her a lot of pain and weird cycles, but once treated the problem never returned. So hopefully it’s something that can be easily dealt with, and they can get you back on your feet soon.

Well I have finally got my appointment with the doctor. Let me tell you…it was an agonizing wait. The doctor had a baby emergency at the hospital. So there I was…naked in a paper doll gown…waiting for an hour!! But he finally came.

Monday I go for an ultra sound and a transvaginal scope. (yes…it goes where you are thinking) He has three theories.

One: I have endrometreosis….treatment….three shots that will stop all ovulation and I will have symptoms like I am going though menopause.

Two: I have cysts….treatment….have surgery to remove them

Third: I have a muscle problem in my uterus…treatment….I have to get a shot of steriods and anestetic (spelling) in my abdomen wall and go to physical theorpy (spelling).

So either way you look at it…I either get poked…poked…or cut open. I guess I am hoping for the muscle thing that comes with a prize of ONE POKE!!! πŸ™„ I will know on Tuesday what is going on. Wish me luck for getting the one poke! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

*crosses fingers for you…* One poke would definately be best! I did the shots for forced menopause and don’t know which was worse; menopause symptoms or the endometriosis symptoms πŸ™„ I think the menopause side effects were worst… think hot flashes that send you outside barefoot in t-shirt and shorts in the snow to try to cool off… Hang in there!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Katherine
                    Participant

Oh my goodness! I really hope it’s the muscle thing. Are you nervous?

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Oh my goodness! I really hope it’s the muscle thing. Are you nervous?

I am nervous because I hate shots. I went into labor with my second child and I had to get many shot of terbutilean (spelling) to stop contractions, and I also had to get three steroid shots when I went into labor at 30 weeks in case he came to mature his lungs. I have had a few surgeries and hospital visits due to kidney infections and so forth. So I am nervous because I am not looking forward to another shot to add to my list. And for it to be in my tummy is another scary thing. I am afriad that it will hurt more than the ones in my hip or arm. So I guess we will see. I will definately have my hubby there because I will need a hand to bruise. πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum wrote:

*crosses fingers for you…* One poke would definately be best! I did the shots for forced menopause and don’t know which was worse; menopause symptoms or the endometriosis symptoms πŸ™„ I think the menopause side effects were worst… think hot flashes that send you outside barefoot in t-shirt and shorts in the snow to try to cool off… Hang in there!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

HAHA! I live in Arizona and it is 100 degrees here! So that will suck BIG TIME!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.