fbpx

Need HELP! with my selling on eBay

Home Forums Miscellany Community Need HELP! with my selling on eBay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    windstonefan
    Participant

Please does anyone know how to deal with a buyer that wants you to take a Emperor out of his original
      box that you have already double boxed up! An have you take him to UPS so they can box him better? What the? Plus this buyer wants me to insure him for more than she paid for him. Like the 344.00 I paid for him.
      I said this cannot be done–you insure for what you paid. She wants this done so if he breaks she can buy a new one here. What the heck? Plus she thinks she has bought from me before and got a broken Emperor. She has a 0 feedback. I have never had one single Windstone break before ever! Not that I sold. Oh my god. I am poodlesforyou πŸ™‚ on eBay. I if any of you have looked recently I am selling my butt off for reasons I choose not to mention.
      But no I did not need this nut case. I have enough problems already. πŸ˜₯ I do not need to borrow any. πŸ˜₯
      I asked her if she was a member here because some of you have bought off me and know how I package.
      Sorry I am just upset. Trying not to get burned. She said she has several Emperors already broken and something here just does not smell right. πŸ™„ Help!

windstonefan

windstonefan
      Participant

windstonefan

Laurie
        Participant

Evelyn… You put it in the original box and take it to UPS. You let them put it in another box. (getting double boxed) You insure for the amount of the purchase no more, otherwise that’s fraud. Save all emails and do the correct thing.

windstonefan
          Participant

Thank you. I just did not want to take him out of the original box. Or insure for more than she paid yep that is what bothered me most. I work retail and they do not give you back more than you paid for a item. I think that is what bothered me most. Cannot do that–told her so. She hasn’t payed yet anyway. I sent her a bill with the cheapest shipping already (before this email yesterday in fact)and it was Fed Ex and explained the lowered shipping price. They have broken nothing so far. But if she wants a revised bill. I guess I can do that.

windstonefan

Laurie
            Participant

windstonefan wrote:

Thank you. I just did not want to take him out of the original box.

Read again, I edited.

windstonefan
              Participant

Thank you Laurie for your help. I was able to work this out with the buyer after a few emails. He will go Fed Ex as he is packaged. He is in his own box then a huge box packed with Windstone peanuts. So all is well. πŸ˜€
                Just wanted to thank you once again.

Quote:

The truth will set you free

windstonefan

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

I bought something from you in the past week! It was packaged PERFECTLY, he looked like he came straight from the factory!! Something doesn’t seem right to me either, sounds like they WANT it to break so they can have the value!

PhoenixTears
                  Participant

0 feedback doesn’t mean what it use to. Ebay keeps changing rules and regulations, constantly. So, if you haven’t used your account in over 6-12 months (hey, not all of us are into ebay, or not as much as we use to be at least), the latest rule has ebay dropping your score (ours was a perfect 100%) to zero. A while ago they had done that with the transactions number (the buys or sales that decide what colour star you are). Had you been inactive for a while, they dropped you to zero. However, since, they have reinstated the old number. But now our feedback is zero which means anyone would have to take the time to go into our profile to read about us and decide for themselves. Ebay is a stinker much of the time.

β€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

windstonefan
                    Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

I bought something from you in the past week! It was packaged PERFECTLY, he looked like he came straight from the factory!! Something doesn’t seem right to me either, sounds like they WANT it to break so they can have the value!

Awe thank you. I try to do my best even though I usually will have them packed and ready to go I sometimes have to repack to give buyers a break on the shipping. I love Windstones. I never want them to break. It makes me cry. I am serious on that. But this was a member here. But when I mentioned the forum–that is when it got worked out. I just said if you are a forum member just ask them,I know some have bought from me on eBay before and mentioned a few names. Allot of forum members have the same eBay name.
                      See that was what bothered me. :shrug: I cannot in good conceince insure for a larger amount than it was sold for. But after three emails from me we worked it out. I just think she thought I was one of those eBay sellers that plain just do not give a care how the item arrives to you. I care!

windstonefan

windstonefan
                      Participant

Sway wrote:

0 feedback doesn’t mean what it use to. Ebay keeps changing rules and regulations, constantly. So, if you haven’t used your account in over 6-12 months (hey, not all of us are into ebay, or not as much as we use to be at least), the latest rule has ebay dropping your score (ours was a perfect 100%) to zero. A while ago they had done that with the transactions number (the buys or sales that decide what colour star you are). Had you been inactive for a while, they dropped you to zero. However, since, they have reinstated the old number. But now our feedback is zero which means anyone would have to take the time to go into our profile to read about us and decide for themselves. Ebay is a stinker much of the time.[/quote

Yes they are. πŸ™‚ I actually have two accounts a buyer. An this was my buyer account. I turned it into my seller account because of a dishonest buyer. She burned me three times and was a non paying bidder. They let her do that to me even when she never paid. Said to send them for free or she would burn me. Boy did she ever. πŸ™„ It took me a year to prove all the nasty emails she had sent me. There were over 55 eBay got tired of reading them!They finally removed that feedback but that account as a seller was destroyed. I have no rating there. So poodlesforyou is now my seller account. Not that I am a seller. I just have allot on my plate right now. An sometimes you have to do things –that you don’t want to. An let go of the things that you love. πŸ˜₯

windstonefan

Anonymous

Hi windstonefan!

Sorry you are having to let go of some of the things you love, but yes, one must do what they must do.

I’m glad you worked it out with your buyer – and wanted to add that sometimes I insure an item for more than what a person paid, to cover replacement if it would end up lost, stolen, broken. I send everything using USPS, insured with tracking.

One time I had to file a claim and the USPS covered the REPLACEMENT or REPAIR of the item. As long as it is insured for a dollar amount, and if it breaks – the post office honors coverage. I have had two cases, in the past. I bought a Thompson hatching dragon and it arrived broken. I think I paid $40 plus shipping. The seller insured for the sale price only, and so I couldn’t just buy a new one but chose to take the broken one to get repaired here in town, by an artist. She wrote up the repair bill (cost me $35.) and I took it to the Post Master who filed the forms. I got a check in the mail from the USPS, months later. BUT, if that person had insured it for $100. I could have left the broken one with the Post Master, and bought a replacement from the artist.

At least this is how my Post Master explained it to me. He said that as long as proper insurance coverage was paid, and I could prove what a new replacement cost (by providing a bill of sale or invoice for a new one, or printed the page off the internet etc), that they would honor the replacement purchase. Circumstances apply – if broken you must turn the broken item in at the time a claim is filed. If lost or stolen, the USPS will replace, after you provide them with the cost of replacement receipt (hence the reason to insure for replacement value otherwise, they will only cover the insurance coverage price). But then again I don’t rely on MY post office too much, they have provided bad information in the past LOL

BTW, I noticed you are selling some great pieces. Best of luck to you with all your sales!!

windstonefan
                          Participant

Hi Poems, and thank you for the advice. I have had far to many dealings with the post office when buying off of eBay myself. They always deny the claim saying improper packaging. The sad thing is they were right. I lost almost every time. Now you must file a claim through the site on line. An that takes even longer. The buyer must wait and wait. I really prefer not to use them at all.
                            Now Fed Ex is my usual shipper. I pass along my savings to the buyer. I like doing that. I have had one thing break with them and that piece is up for auction right now. Nene Thomas Faerie of Black Cats. Sold for 350.00 and a week later I had a check for 370.00 the cost for shipping and insurance. All refunded. Even a fairy in her box is a hard one to ship. But yet I entrusted the USPS with some of these. Because they are not expensive. Other wise no way. My Poads went out shipped that way. But the Poads are a little tougher piece.
                            I did work this out with the buyer. I am not a careless packager. I shake the box after I package it too. If it does not move inside,it is good to go.
                            You are right though one must do what one must do. These Windstone pieces up right now are a sacrifice I had to make. πŸ˜₯ There may be yet more to come. Then it will be πŸ˜₯ πŸ™ The attic is cleared out of Windstones stored. The ones up now were in my china cabinets with the Poads. I still have most my favorites here for now. I think if I can get a friend to help me post pictures here I will offer the Artist done Editions to forum members here first. I have three others right now that another member is dabbling on buying from me. Maybe my other friend will help me.
                            Everyone that reads this realize these will be very hard for me to let go of. πŸ˜₯ Only a true collector will know this. Thank you all kindly for answering me and all of your help. :yes:

windstonefan

WolfenMachine
                            Participant

I am the buyer in question. I never asked you to take him out of his original box. I asked you to double box him. There was some misunderstanding. I didn’t want to assume you knew how to pack Windstones. Its like the warning on the hair dryer “Dont use in the bathtub!” Its just the lawers trying to protect everyone, both the hair dryer user and the company who sold the hair dryer. Everyone wins that way. Our conversation went like this:

Quote:

Admin note: Edited to remove parts of a private conversation not approved by the OP.

Dear poodlesforyou,

Just to let you know, I sent payment for the emperor. Thanks so much for the sale! πŸ™‚ I’m looking forward to adding him to my dragon clutch.

– violetwerewolf

——————————————————————————–
                              To: poodlesforyou
                              Subject: Re: Other: violetwerewolf sent a message about Windstone Black Gold Emperor Dragon with O.B. #110599876056
                              Sent Date: Oct-23-10 16:31:36 PDT

Dear poodlesforyou,

Well, as I said in my first message, I certainly wasn’t trying to offend you so I appologise since you seem to think I have. That was not meant at all. FedEx is just fine-I like them better than UPS to be honest because I have heard they are not allowed to drop, kick or roll their packages. I have never had any problem with them. Three messages were not required. But, like I said, I did not want there to be any lacking in communication. I have bought Windstones from businesses before and they were broken because I assumed the business would package well but they did not. Better safe than sorry you know? I know shipping will be around $30-but what I WAS asking about was UPS’s packing fees. I dont have a clue what they charge-but since you and I both prefer FedEx, we can skip UPS all together and have the Emperor shipped FedEx. I can paypal you for him on Sunday. Again, I’m sorry that I offended you. That was not my intent.

– violetwerewolf

Dear poodlesforyou,

Hiya,
                              I think I may have bought something from you in the past, and also, judging by your other items for sale, you are a collector too, but just in case, I wanted to ask-can you please double box this guy and put packing peanuts between the boxes? Ive had 2 of the 3 emperors I have now broken in the mail-always the same spots-so Im worried about this guy. Also, could you have him insured-possibly for $344 so if he does get broken I can replace him? One more favor/question-could you find out how much it costs to have UPS package him and send him to me? They have a pack-n-ship promise where if something goes wrong they’ll cover it-but apparantly they’ll only honor it if they pack it. I’m trying to cover both our butts here lol If it is only $10 or so for them to pack it, that’s fine. If it will be another $20 or $30 on top of the shipping cost, I may have to pass since that would bump shipping up to nearly $50ish. Either way let me know! Thanks~

– violetwerewolf

WolfenMachine
                              Participant

Also wanted to add I never said I had bought a broken emperor from you. I thought maybe I had bought a good cat candle lamp from you a few months ago under my old ebay name. I switched to a new ID, and thus why I have zero feedback. I have more than 340 positives under my old name: Horsedreamer34 as well as severals here who can vouch for me. I have no reason and no desire to scam anyone. *shrugs*

Laurie
                                Participant

Okie dokie then……I’ve dealt with both of you and both were great. XD πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.