Nature's Beauties

Home Forums Miscellany Community Nature's Beauties

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Point-Blur_May062019_185809

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

I might get baby Angels this time.They are caring for the eggs.They laid them on the magnet.

Point-Blur_May132019_084207

Bodine
        Participant

SUCCESS!! My Angels hatched their babies.I have wigglers!!
          I am stoked,wasn’t even trying and voila’Nature had other plans.Cannot wait to watch them grow.
          Sorry picture is blurry,blowing it up makes it worse but look under the green leaf.That grey smudge hanging down is oodles of wigglers clinging together.Baby Angels.Koi and Pearl parents.

Point-Blur_May152019_165545

Bodine
          Participant

This is a little better.I can’t get too close to the tank and resizing blurs it.There are a few 100 little tails wiggling on the leaf.Nature is amazing.It facinates me to watch them parenting.Textbook pair.I got lucky.
            ..and a pic of Ozzie,getting big,anout 12″.I will have to find him a home next year.I will be sad to see him/her(?) go.

Point-Blur_May172019_064341

Point-Blur_May172019_064623

StormDancer
            Participant

So fun to have babies hatch out! I hope they continue to do well!

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

StormDancer
              Participant

I have some iris in Bloom. My dog Svayaa enjoys them as well.

IMG_20190516_135816

IMG_20190516_135806

Looking for:

Suzanne-Marie
                Participant

Awww Bodine🌸. that’s soooo awesome !!
                  Thank you for posting pics!!
                  Hope you get lots of baby Angels !!

Suzanne-Marie
                  Participant

Hi StormDancer,
                    What beautiful flowers !!
                    And see your gorgeous dog stylin’ with a coordinating collar !!
                    Lovely!!

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Aww, I used to breed angelfish and discus. Parenting is a learning game for them, yours are doing good.
                      Those iris are beautiful. They won’t grow around here, not enough winter.

StormDancer
                      Participant

Hi Suzanne-Marie
                        Thank you!
                        I hadn’t even noticed that her collar coordinated!

Looking for:

StormDancer
                        Participant

Pipsxlch. It’s been pretty mild winters here for several years. But it does get close to freezing. The iris just seem to love the heat.

I just got my first 3 young discus. They have been here about 5 weeks and seem content and happy. I’m ordering 3 or 4 more next week. I am really enjoying them. Here’s a quick photo of 2 of them.

IMG_20190514_084925-1024x768

Looking for:

Bodine
                          Participant

Thanks!
                            StormDancer-oh they are beautiful.Thanks for showing.Some of those have amazing coloring.
                            I wish I could get a clear shot.They are about a day away from free swimming My tank is not set up for babies,had no idea I had a breeding pair ready.A few are gone,some die but there are still plenty.Yep,it is fun watching them and the parent’s behavior.They are good parents.I reached down in the tank to remove fake plants and Pearl popped me.lol

Point-Blur_May182019_083807

Bodine
                            Participant

Plenty warm here but the Iris did not do well in this area at all this spring.

StormDancer
                              Participant

Bodine. Thank you I have had fish a long time but these are my first Discus. I am really enjoying them, they have great personalities.
                                I actually use my cell phone to get good pictures of the fish long as I hold it steady I generally get clear shots. I just have it set to do all the adjusting itself.

I have enjoyed seeing all your photos of your fish and I hope that some of the babies survive to adulthood! I have heard that with baby fish you need to be sure to have a sponge filter over your pumps intake so they don’t get sucked up into the pump. But other than that I don’t know much about raising baby fish.
                                My discus are in a 75 gallon community tank so if they ever do breed, chances are the babies wont survive.

As for the iris the seem to like good moisture in the spring the its usually 95-105 here all summer and they just want watered well about once a week.

Looking for:

StormDancer
                                Participant

My Purple Robe Locust Tree is in bloom for a few days.

IMG_20190518_152800-1024x768

Looking for:

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 371 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.