Nature's Beauties

Home Forums Miscellany Community Nature's Beauties

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Here he is….he is a badass.They both take their food cubes from my fingers.

20210917_1049462

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

merrillannwhite
      Participant

I don’t know that I would consider these “beauties” but they are interesting.

My Halloween decorations are putting themselves up this

0814FDA8-9636-41A7-9249-E18BF7E5CA3B

E9FAE2D6-E09E-4878-A604-ED78CDD94A59

Bodine
        Participant

Coolness😁 spiders are beautiful too.

Bodine
          Participant

I drove past a little lake by my house this morning and had to stop for this picture.Fall has arrived.
            Smoke on the water.

20210924_0726192

Bodine
            Participant

I put out a fresh batch of Hummingbird mix and within 10mins.this little guy staked it out as his own.3 days running he is perched there.I wish I could get some pics outside but he leaves for a bit.Yesterday 3 more were around but he was here again this morning.Enjoying the sun and sweets.

20210923_0941182

Bodine
              Participant

He is busy this morning.Others have come and he is not having it.I have seen 4 at once this morning.It makes my heart light.😍

20210924_0942523

20210924_0942553

He noticed me.

20210924_0959294

Megan
                Participant

Hummingbirds can be so aggressive when they’re protecting their turf! I guess we should be thankful they’re tiny and not the size of hawks, or we’d have a real problem… LOL

Bodine
                  Participant

Indeed.I am sitting here watching him.He is calling for a female,flashing his colors in the sun.When he flies in shade he pops back out into the sun.Males,I am tough,my territory.Come ladies,food.😆

Megan
                    Participant

I was very blessed to be able to visit two of the national parks this summer. We live in a truly amazing world. Just a few of my favorite memories from Glacier National Park:

Trail-of-cedars

Goats

Hidden-Lake-trail

Megan
                      Participant

And Yellowstone:

hot-spring

Grand-Canyon

buffalo

Bodine
                        Participant

How lovely💖 Great shots and I bet a great holiday.I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon.

Bodine
                          Participant

Facebook is down but we’re not.Have a happy day.💖

20211003_1554464

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Facebook is down but we’re not.Have a happy day.💖

20211003_1554464

BEAUTIFUL Flower Mimi!

Facebook is down?!?!?!
                              HAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Zeppard Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                              Participant

Yep, and it’s not just Facebook itself. According to the New York TIMES (posted about 4pm Eastern time):

SAN FRANCISCO — Facebook and some of its apps, including Instagram and WhatsApp, appeared to go down at the same time on Monday for many users, who turned to Twitter and other social media platforms to lament the outage.

The social network and its apps began displaying error messages before noon Eastern time, users reported. All of the company’s family of apps — Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger — showed outage reports, according to the site downdetector.com, which monitors web traffic and site activity.

Outages are not uncommon for apps, but to have so many interconnected apps at the world’s largest social media company go down at the same time is rare. The company has been trying to integrate the underlying technical infrastructure of Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram for several years.

Two Facebook security team members, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly, said it was unlikely that a cyberattack caused the issues. That’s because the technology behind the apps was still different enough that one hack was not likely to affect all of them at once.

In a series of tweets, John Graham-Cumming, the chief technology officer of Cloudflare, a web infrastructure company, said the problem was likely with Facebook’s servers, which were not letting people connect to its sites like Instagram and WhatsApp.

Computers convert websites such as facebook.com to numeric internal protocol addresses, through a system that is likened to a phone’s address book, Mr. Graham-Cumming said. Facebook’s issue was the equivalent of removing people’s phone numbers from under their names in their address book, making it impossible to call them, he said. Cloudflare provides some of the systems that support Facebook’s internet infrastructure.

Andy Stone, a Facebook spokesman, posted on Twitter, “We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience.”

On Twitter, the hashtag #facebookdown quickly started trending. Some users said they were miffed by the abrupt outage, while others poked fun at it.

Facebook’s internal communications platform, Workplace, was also taken out, leaving most employees unable to do their jobs. Two Facebook workers called it the equivalent of a “snow day.” …

etruscan
                                Participant

According to the Washington POST, the outage is global (yikes !):

“The WhatsApp outage was particularly hard for a huge swath of the world that relies on it heavily for messaging, especially in the around two dozen nations where the app is the messaging market leader.

According to the Global Web Index’s 2020 Social Media User Trends, seven countries — including Kenya, Malaysia, and Colombia — have over 90% of populations aged 16 to 64 as monthly WhatsApp users.

Several international newspapers from South Asia to South America were running news of the shutdown as the top story. El Tiempo, a news outlet in Colombia, quickly published a listing alternatives to WhatsApp, including Telegram. In the United Kingdom, digital news outlet The Independent is running a live update file on the social shutdown.

India has around 400 million WhatsApp users, and the service plays a heavy role during elections.”

The article also quoted a Twitter message – “You’re all crying about Facebook outage. Have you any idea what it is like to lose WhatsApp and with it your connection to half of India?”

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 371 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.