fbpx

My first PYO

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ™‚ I see such beautiful PYOs by other Forum members, and it took a bit of oomph to actually put my photos up. I’m glad that people like the scales! I’ve been thinking about doing a dragon with markings like that (not the entire body, though) and it looks as if that might be worth pursuing.

She’s not too bright? I love color; I grew up in a home that had paisley wallpaper in primary colors and lots of screaming RED YELLOW and BLUE, and I sometimes think that my color sense is a little kaka. I have three tins of embroidery floss in all colors, and one of my favorite things to do as a kid was to put different bright colors together. The knotwork on the Muse’s left shoulder is a nod to the embroidery floss days. But I tried to balance the bright stuff against some quieter colors. And I was a little cautious with the antiquing; there are places it really doesn’t show up well. Part of that too may be because I kept filling in the details with paint. ๐Ÿ˜•

I’d love to do griffins and dragons using bright color combinations, but I’m trying to find ways to utilize these without spoiling the overall lines of the sculpture, or blinding out its details. Does anybody have suggestions there?

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.