fbpx

My breast cancer problem – up[date

Home Forums Miscellany Community My breast cancer problem – up[date

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

Well I am now in my 4th week of radiation therapy (5 days a week) and have 3 1/2 weeks more to go. I am doing fine other than being a little draggy and that area of me looks like a very red sunburn and is sore. I still feel I am very very lucky that it was caught very early and I am going to be OK.

With me everything falls apart at the same time. The other day my PC died and I had to buy a new one so this is the first time I have been online since then and this morning the freezer quit – full of stuff, of course. I can’t get a new one delivered until tomorrow afternoon but the salesman told me to pack ice bags around everything and it should be OK.

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

I’m glad to hear your going to be ok! 🙂

As for the freezer, pack lots of ice in it and don’t open the door unless you must. Things will start to thaw, but won’t have time to spoil that way (can you tell I just got a new fridge? :bigsmile: )

Stephanie
        Participant

Many hugs! I’m so glad it was caught early. I hope your food is fine, too!

Fritochick (Mary)
          Participant

As a recovered brain tumor patient, just remember each day gets a little better. The bumps make us stronger. Hang in there!!!!

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

i’m really happy to hear your ok!!
              hang in there!

diane
              Participant

Hi, happy to hear your doing well, keep your chin up. Its hard we know but you can do it. My daughter (32) is a 2 time thyroid cancer survivor, 1st time as 16 and then at 27, so far so good and all is well.. will keep you in my prayers.

LadyFirebird
                Participant

I’m pulling for you as well, darjeb. That totally sucks about your PC and freezer–when it rains it pours and it usually isn’t at your convenience. I’m glad they caught this early and that you’ll be fine. I hope everything turns out well for you and nothing else breaks down!

Melody
                  Keymaster

<3

Bob

I’m not on here that much so this is news to me. If you need anything we are here for you

darjeb
                      Participant

I just finished my 8ith week of radiation so I am through with the treatment. Other than being tired and my sense of balance is off (I am told this will go away after the treatment is finished) and looking like an over-ripe tomato in the area and still wearing ruffled front blouses to hid that fact I am fine

I just wish everyone who is diagnosded with breast cancer could be found as early as mine was.

Adaneth
                        Participant

Glad to hear things are going well, and I hope your balance comes back soon!

Bodine
                          Participant

I am so very happy you got help and are a surviver Darjeb.Sadly,my sister,Maria Kay Younkins lost her fight.She had pancreas cancer,didn’t know it and it took her in a matter of a few months.She was a bit of a health nut,took vitamins everyday,ate fresh veggies,had glowing skin but when she went for a regular doc appointment,they found it,put her in the hospital Christmas Eve for the last time,they said a month maybe.She died yesterday morning. :((
                            So please,everyone,go get checked all over and don’t take any chances.I have a spot on my face that has developed and it scares me to go find out but it must be done.
                            Thank you Ms.Joyce for the encouragement.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Adaneth
                            Participant

How heartbreaking. I am very sorry for your loss, bodine.

darjeb
                              Participant

I am very sorry to hear about your sister it is heartbreaking to have that happen at any time but I think around Christmas is the worst. Thank you for all the encouragement you gave me during my surgery and treatment.

I would like to thank all the Forum members for all their support it sure helped me through it. I know I shouldn’t keep wailing about it because I was very very lucky . I want all of you to know that even though you have had a recent memmogram it can happen just look at me two months after a clean memmogram a small lump was found by the GYN. I was told if he hadn’t found it and it hadn’t been caught before my next mammogram in Feb. 2012 it would have been to late because I had a very aggressive type. So please keep watch.

Misty
                                Participant

Glad you are going to be ok! It never hurts to have things checked if you are in any doubt what so ever. And if you think something more is wrong than what your doctors are saying, get a second opinion! It’s happened multiple times now with my family and friends, way better to be safe than sorry.

HUGS darjeb, and a speedy recovery!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.