fbpx

Move

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

frozendragon wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

dark_zorse wrote:

We are moving because we can’t afford to stay in LA.

Plus LA sucks. Bigtime.

Corvallis has lots, and lots of mountain climbing, hiking, camping, and hunting opportunities. Can’t do any of those in LA. I can’t wait to get to Oregon!

-Zorse, bored on lunch. (Craving chinese food)

Corvallis is a fabulous community! ……and it’s not just the scenery that makes it great either. My experience has been that the people are very friendly, welcoming and extremely willing to help neighbors and others. You’ll love it!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

that makes me wanna move too….because that’s the opposite of here…LOL

and I’m one that would move just for the scenery…LOL

Ahhh come on… endlessness of FLAT NOTHING isn’t nice to look at? LOL Palo Duro Canyon is about the only good thing about this place… at least it has color… lol

Melody
      Keymaster

Kachina wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

If you listen to the radio show, Melody says they’re moving in stages, truck load by truck load. They are already in possession of the building so it’s just what they can pack into the truck at one time. Of course they don’t want to have to pay rent on more than one place for much longer so, basically, it’s just as fast as they can.

Melody, if ya’ll need help and can get a rental tractor and trailer through Ryder or some other company, let me know and I’ll fly out to haul a few loads free of charge. 10 years with a CDL class A, and over a million accident-free miles. I hate driving truck in Cali, but for ya’ll I’d make an exception. ๐Ÿ˜‰Gosh! thank you so much for the generous offer! We have a deal with a tucking company in Corvallis. They have been taking truckloads of our stuff (four, so far!) when they need a South Cal. load to fill an empty truck heading back north. So we are covered for the moment. Thank you! Really!

Kristi
        Participant

All I can say is I think the move to Corvallis is wonderful cause it puts Windstone loads closer to me, meaning I can actually go on a tour now and see EVERYTHING!!! Not that I’m excited about it or anything like that. I can’t wait!

twindragonsmum
          Participant

kgronski wrote:

All I can say is I think the move to Corvallis is wonderful cause it puts Windstone loads closer to me, meaning I can actually go on a tour now and see EVERYTHING!!! Not that I’m excited about it or anything like that. I can’t wait!

When you decide to go, give me a holler! Since I’ve family in the Tri-Cities, I could get that far and we could carpool ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Melody
            Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Melody wrote:

kgronski wrote:

I know it’s probably in here somewhere, but I can’t seem to find t. Can anyone tell me the date Windstone is actually moving to Corvalis, OR?

We are in the process of moving now.Our building here in North Hollywood is made up of “units”. We are moving out of each unit as fast as we can. We are going to keep running the casting and painting for a while longer. Then we will shut the casting dept. down, pack it up and move it.
              We will continue to paint things that we already have cast ’till we pretty much get that inventory finished and boxed. Thats the best way to move it, otherwise we would need to pack thousands of unfinished pieces somehow…The estimated ( or hoped-for date) to have the majority of Windstone moved is end of March. Maybe.

OMG! That is quick for such a large operation. You must have a mastermind running logistics.we hired a mastermind to figure this out! We are weeks away from completing this move, and we still are unsure about how it will work out.

Melody wrote:

Gosh! thank you so much for the generous offer! We have a deal with a tucking company in Corvallis. They have been taking truckloads of our stuff (four, so far!) when they need a South Cal. load to fill an empty truck heading back north. So we are covered for the moment. Thank you! Really!

That’s great news! Backhauls can be hard to find in Cali. It’s usually either cheap produce you have to sit in the field for a couple days to pick up, or you have to travel quite a ways to get something else. And with fuel topping $3 a gallon and most trucks averaging 7-10 miles per gallon you can see why running an empty truck can quickly get you into debt with the bank. The only thing I ever hauled out of southern Cali was some muffins I had to pick up from an industrial area near Compton and I’m sure you can imagine my apprehension at taking myself into that area! Mostly I ended up heading up to around the Sacramento area to pick up frozen Birdseye veggies or a load of garlic product. In your case, everyone wins. Sounds like everything’s going well, and I’ve got my fingers crossed that that continues to be the case for the rest of the move.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.