fbpx

More Grab Bag Young Unicorns?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody More Grab Bag Young Unicorns?

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Honestly, if it didn’t have a horn, I wouldn’t give a second thought to not buying one… Fantasy Unicorns yes… fantasy horses… may as well be my little ponies. When I think Windstones, I think Unicorns, not horses. That’s just me though.

Gluing a horn in isn’t that hard… it’s way easier then you might think. It’s a far cry from repairing anything broken. There’s a hole in the head, you stick the horn, in the hole in the head… taadaa… no repairing is required at all. I’d be quite happy to not have to repair any more sockets or dig horn bits out of unicorn heads! The tough part is once they are fixed, they are a hundred times more prone to breaking AGAIN in transit! It’s only happened to me once, but you can never repair a socket to 100% strength again, I don’t care what you do. It can look perfect, but it’s always going to be weaker then a solid structure.

In fact, the shape of the hole and the large portion of the horn that is actually inserted is a lot bigger then you think. I actually know this from repairing so many of them, but it’s pretty idiot proof the way they are shaped. It’s actually sort of a slanted rectangular hole for the horn so you can’t really mistake putting it in backwards or sideways.

Maybe there could be a print out of instructions for those who are really scared about it?

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
      Participant

Unfortunately I think that having people glue in their own horns poses too many opportunities to mess up or even break a piece, which would be bad for everyone!

Even with step by step instructions, some people just don’t have as much dexterity than others – it could be glued on funny, or without enough glue and eventually break off, causing damage to the piece. What if the person used too much glue? This is the issue I think we would see most of – and any of these things would greatly devalue the piece. I realize it stinks that shipping has been less than successful with many of these, but I wouldn’t like the idea of having to trade with people that possibly didn’t know what they were doing when gluing in the horn (or DID, and messed it up somehow!). Besides the fact that I believe these guys have their horns glued in with Epoxy, which in itself is a process to get to set and set right. This is a good suggestion, I just think there’s too much room for error here :/

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Trava
        Participant

Also type of glue could be a problem. A friend of my got one in trade that the horn had fallen out on. She had the horn and the uni but had a minor panic attack about what type of glue to use. There are probably quite a few windstone aficionados who don’t own any glue besides elmers… if they even own elmers.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Well, I still think it’s a better option then filling their heads in…

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
            Participant

What I meant was a suggestion for them to make a mold of one with the hole filled in and sculpted then pop them out from that. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I already know I’d want to bust out the dremel tool if that happened! LOL! I guess I’m just not crazy for horses.

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                Participant

I already know I’d want to bust out the dremel tool if that happened! LOL! I guess I’m just not crazy for horses.

ooooo are you brave. 🙂 I too prefer the unicorn but I wouldn’t say no to some equines.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Kim
                  Blocked

I only collect unicorns, not horses although I keep forgetting my new little natural one has a horn as it looks like a real horse. I would only buy them with horns though, as beautiful as they could be either way, as horses wouldn’t fit into my fantasy collection. So I hope there is a solution in the future for making more horns and I look forward to the young unicorns that will be coming out soon!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

I’d LOVE to see some magic mushroom young unicorns…but I’d be afraid that due to the work and detail involved, they would be $250-$300 each and for a small piece, $250 is the up end of my budget for young unicorns. I was floored that Vesper went for $700 on ebay.

So to make them more affordable to more people…because Im sure Im not the only one who would want more than one young unicorn…something more basic like the fantasy batch would be good. I ADORE the young unicorns and am thrilled there will be more in the near future 🙂

Stephen
                      Participant

I personally would prefer more natural colors and patterns, but with the magic invisible paint to give them some flash. Or safari youngs! The candycorn babies were my least favorite of all the grab bags. I will still buy a young one if I can though, since I’m pretty sure I’d be able to trade it for something I liked better! 🙂

Chloe
                        Participant

I personally would prefer more natural colors and patterns, but with the magic invisible paint to give them some flash. Or safari youngs! The candycorn babies were my least favorite of all the grab bags. I will still buy a young one if I can though, since I’m pretty sure I’d be able to trade it for something I liked better! 🙂

Another vote for safari youngs! Or supernatural. 🙂

Stephen
                          Participant

I would also totally love normal horse patterns done in fantasy colors with the interference or magic invisible paint. Pink pintos, purple appaloosas and blue/green “bays” 😛

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.