fbpx

*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Ah, she’s beautiful! Congratulations on her. I’m not usually a huge fan of the natural horse markings on the unicorn sculpts but this girl is so very lovely. Your dry brushing is AWESOME!

Eee, I love her tiny freckles of darker and lighter color in the dark part of her coat! It’s super realistic!

Aw thank you!! Actually, there is no dry brushing, I literally paint each individual hair with watered down white or really light grey paint. She has several layers of roaning hairs, which as I’m sure you can imagine took FOREVER. But it gives her more depth imo.

Thank you everyone so much for the kind words!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Prezaurian
      Participant

Ah, she’s beautiful! Congratulations on her. I’m not usually a huge fan of the natural horse markings on the unicorn sculpts but this girl is so very lovely. Your dry brushing is AWESOME!

Eee, I love her tiny freckles of darker and lighter color in the dark part of her coat! It’s super realistic!

Aw thank you!! Actually, there is no dry brushing, I literally paint each individual hair with watered down white or really light grey paint. She has several layers of roaning hairs, which as I’m sure you can imagine took FOREVER. But it gives her more depth imo.

Oh wow! That is super impressive just on the level of patience it takes. ๐Ÿ™‚ The results are wonderful. I imagine it provides a much greater level of control over the end result than using dry brushing. Very interesting and cool. ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s like using washes on a micro scale!

Landipan
        Participant

Oh wow! That is super impressive just on the level of patience it takes. ๐Ÿ™‚ The results are wonderful. I imagine it provides a much greater level of control over the end result than using dry brushing. Very interesting and cool. ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s like using washes on a micro scale!

Yes, it takes a lot of patience, I believe I started the roaning process at the beginning of watching the first season of Sailor Moon on netflix and didn’t finish until near the last few episodes and there are like 46 episodes if that gives an idea on how long it took lol.

*Formerly meowmix101

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

and I thought I was crazy for painting between the scales on Hellfire XD haha

Landipan
            Participant

and I thought I was crazy for painting between the scales on Hellfire XD haha

Trust me, I FEEl crazy during the process of the roaning lol. I’m talking hours upon hours over many days of tedious detail. But we do it in the name of art!

*Formerly meowmix101

Hannah
              Participant

Beauuuutiful, Meowmix!! You do natural schemes wonderfully!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kim
                Blocked

Wow, she looks so much like a real horse! Great job!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

bayoudragon
                  Participant

Blue roans are some of my favorites… she is STUNNING!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Landipan
                    Participant

Thank y’all so much!!!!! I really like natural schemes on unicorns, I like to imagine them out in the mountains or plains just like the real wild horses.

Until I can get a new matte varnish I’m going to set this girl aside and work on my lil Foo pop. This is going to be a real experiment though as I’m going to use non natural colors. I always feel lost when it comes to fantasy schemes, so I’m just going to slap some paint on ’em and see what happens!

*Formerly meowmix101

Falcolf
                      Participant

I can’t wait to see what you do with your foop! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love the finish you put on the unicorn, she looks incredible.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Landipan
                        Participant

I know I said I was going to go a more colorful route with my Foop, but I ended up going with more a Chickadee inspired color scheme! Obviously, he’s not finished yet but here’s what my lil foop looks like so far!

photo foooo_zpsympr6crt.jpg

Also, I’m in the process of varnishing my Unicorn, hopefully she ends up not too shiny!

*Formerly meowmix101

Natasha
                          Participant

I know I said I was going to go a more colorful route with my Foop, but I ended up going with more a Chickadee inspired color scheme! Obviously, he’s not finished yet but here’s what my lil foop looks like so far!

photo foooo_zpsympr6crt.jpg

Also, I’m in the process of varnishing my Unicorn, hopefully she ends up not too shiny!

That color scheme is gorgeous!!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Looking Good! ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

jmoore
                              Participant

What a cool little foop!

MandBsMom
                                Participant

I like it so far!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.