*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

Every PYO unicorn I have ever gotten had its horn already glued in. And the one time I insisted on pulling it out so I could prime and paint it was nerve wracking! I’m wondering if next time I order one I can ask for it not to be glued in already.

Edit: I think I’m going to ask that right now. If you’re interested I can let you know what I find out.

Yeah, let us know what you learn about the horn! I’d be very interested to hear what they say.

Okay, I got a response from Susie. What follows is pretty much what I was told.

“Hi! I’m sorry, we did not intend for people to remove the horn to primer and paint it, although I realize that doing those things while on the unicorn is difficult. The main reason we glue them in is because each one fits a little differently and it takes some work to get them to sit straight while the glue dries. We donโ€™t want to send them out to people not glued in and have them have trouble getting it to glue correctly. I’m pretty sure we use epoxy to put them in (and they should be in there tight!) and we don’t expect people to have that on hand in their homes. One way to paint the horn without messing up the animal, is to put a plastic bag over him with the horn poking out through a little hole.

I asked the Powers That Be and if we have a PYO Unicorn on hand without a horn already in its head, we can sell it to you. Right now I’m pretty sure they are all complete with horns, but tomorrow I should be able to check to see if there are any more of them. If you didn’t need one right away, but were planning for the future – put a note to me in the Customer Notes on the order and I’ll try to send you one without the horn glued in.”

Thanks again Susie!

Landipan
      Participant

Thanks for asking for us Prezaurian! Good info that may come in handy in the future.

*Formerly meowmix101
        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Prezaurian
        Participant

You’re welcome! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hannah
          Participant

Meowmix, I am so stinkin’ late saying this, but your Kitsune is gorgeous!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Landipan
            Participant

Aw thank you Hannah!! I really appreciate it!

*Formerly meowmix101

Stormbreeze
              Participant

That’s your FIRST? Amazing! I can’t wait to see what comes next. Will be stalking this thread…

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Landipan
                Participant

I’m working on a blue roan appy and I need thoughts on the tail head, I don’t know if I like the wisps of white in the tail, I’m kind of wondering if I should dull it back some/make the wisps smaller/or make the tail all black? What do you guys think?

photo butt_zpsheqwhvzz.jpg

*Formerly meowmix101

Adaneth
                  Participant

All I can say is WOW. I like the tail, but I can’t say I’ve seen a blue roan appy lately… ๐Ÿ™‚

Landipan
                    Participant

All I can say is WOW. I like the tail, but I can’t say I’ve seen a blue roan appy lately… ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you!
                      My inspiration was this lovely guy(Or gal, not sure lol) here:

http://landipan.deviantart.com/art/Appaloosa-10-312452704

Of course my model isn’t a complete mirror of the real horse but just what came out of the inspiration.

*Formerly meowmix101

MandBsMom
                      Participant

I think it looks freakin fantastic! I think the wisps are totally plausible!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Prezaurian
                        Participant

I actually like the wisps as they are. They’re really nice looking. Looking forward to seeing the whole unicorn!

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Yes, WoW!
                            I think the tail is perfect as it is – Marvelous Job! ๐Ÿ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Landipan
                            Participant

Thanks y’all! My uni is very nearly done, a few more small tweaks and she’s done.

*Formerly meowmix101

Phoegonix
                              Participant

I love the top of the tail as you’ve painted it. Looking at the picture you referenced, it seems like the tail starts light, gets dark in the middle, and is white again at the tip. I would worry about leaving the tail completely black because of all the beautiful details that will be difficult to see. Perhaps lighten towards the end with a darker part in the middle? Just my thoughts.

Landipan
                                Participant

I love the top of the tail as you’ve painted it. Looking at the picture you referenced, it seems like the tail starts light, gets dark in the middle, and is white again at the tip. I would worry about leaving the tail completely black because of all the beautiful details that will be difficult to see. Perhaps lighten towards the end with a darker part in the middle? Just my thoughts.

Thank you! The more I look at the wisps the more I’m liking them so I think they’re here to stay. As for the rest of the tail I think I’m keeping it black, the rest of the unicorn is already so busy with the appy pattern and the roaning I feel like it would be just too much for my eye.

I’ll be adding more photos soon of the full uni after I’ve sealed him some more and glued in the eyes!

*Formerly meowmix101

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.