fbpx

*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Omg, those eyes… she’ll get away with anything!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
      Participant

Dang that is beautiful.
        Like Dragonmedley says,Look at those eyes😍 WOWZA!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Landipan
        Participant

Dragonmedley & Bodine – Thank you guys so much! I’m really happy with how the eyes came out, I’m glad you guys like them too!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Landipan
          Participant

This is the finished kitty! I really like how all the colors work together, I think she looks dreamy. This cat has already found a home, hopefully the new owner receives her by the end of this week!

IMG_4019

IMG_4015

*Formerly meowmix101

Celestial Rainstorm
            Participant

She is truly a work of art. Your talent and prowess is really illustrated well here. I am quite sure her new owner is going to adore her!

Finding happiness again.

merrillannwhite
              Participant

Beautiful!

Landipan
                Participant

Thank you guys so much, y’all are what keeps me painting and I always so so so appreciate all of your support!

*Formerly meowmix101

Megan
                  Participant

Such a gorgeous cat, Landipan! Your hands must be so steady. Do you do the fine details with colored pencil, or paint? Or both?

Landipan
                    Participant

Such a gorgeous cat, Landipan! Your hands must be so steady. Do you do the fine details with colored pencil, or paint? Or both?

Haha, actually my hands are anything but steady, I inherited my dad’s naturally shaky hands, but somehow over the years I’ve learned how to master it enough to paint fine details. I do all the teeny tiny details with a Kolinsky paint brush, those brushes are literally the only way I could paint such small finicky lines otherwise I’ve found no other brush will do!

*Formerly meowmix101

Megan
                      Participant

That’s really amazing! Thanks for the tip 🙂 I’m tempted to try a kimono cat with the Japanese woodcut wave design, but I don’t know that I’m brave enough. If I do, I’ll look for a Kolinksy brush before starting.

Landipan
                        Participant

That’s really amazing! Thanks for the tip 🙂 I’m tempted to try a kimono cat with the Japanese woodcut wave design, but I don’t know that I’m brave enough. If I do, I’ll look for a Kolinksy brush before starting.

You should do it! The great thing about acrylic is that it’s not watercolor and if you mess something up just paint over it and try again lol. My favorite brushes are the Escoda Optimo Kolinsky Sable Brush Pointed round, my preferred size is the 2/0 or 0. They are expensive for a brush that will wear out kinda fast when used on gypsum(I’ve I’ve worn thru so many) but they are the only brush I trust to give me the fine detailed lines I like. You can buy them on DickBlick.

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                          Participant

Sooo I was supposed to be starting a new Unicorn PYO(that I was able to get from another forum member!) but somehow started working on the Kitty Griffin I’ve had sitting around forever…lol. But I already know what color my unicorn is going to be so I can’t wait to start working on her next!

I’m really pleased with how this lil griffin is coming out, I had no idea how it was going to come together but I just jumped in and started slapping paint on it and it’s looking good imo!

IMG_4313

*Formerly meowmix101

Celestial Rainstorm
                            Participant

I really love the cool palette you chose, looking fantastic so far!

Finding happiness again.

Landipan
                              Participant

I really love the cool palette you chose, looking fantastic so far!

Thank you, I’m really liking it too. I’m actually following the color palette that Chuck Black uses in one of his Northern lights videos!

*Formerly meowmix101

Bodine
                                Participant

Beautiful as always.Has anyone mentioned wanting the uni you do?I DO!😁 I would love to have one of your works of art.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.