*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Did you see her previous Sushi Cat, Drag0n? Such an amazing job on both of them!

I like the cat white. The outfit is so amazing, you wouldn’t want anything that might distract from it. Or that would blow the whole thing from stunning to busy. The plain white (maybe with appropriate shading) makes a perfect backdrop. JMO.

Landipan
      Participant

Thank you merrillann, drag0n, and Pipsxlch, the kind words really do a girl good!

I still haven’t decided on what the cat will be, white(shading would of course be added to give it more depth if I go that route) or some sort of cream/flame point/etc. I’m going to give it a lot serious thought, all of your suggestions and opinions have been awesome, but thankfully I’m not quite to that(I’m still so undecided lol). I need to give the kimono the finishing touches, and then paint the collar and headband (the tray of sushi might come last, I think).

*Formerly meowmix101
        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Nightcrow
        Participant

Beautiful kimono (and sushi)! The cranes are amazing.

If her eyes were blue, I’d say go with cream tabby point – that would be nicely subtle. Since they’re green, though, I vote for either solid white. or for cream tabby in a Van pattern (color only on the ears and tail); I think it would let you add color without putting it too close to the kimono where it might distract or clash.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Landipan
          Participant

Thank you Nightcrow! I’ll have to consider the Van cat pattern too, I actually didn’t know what a Van cat looked like when you mentioned it, I had to look it up hehe.

*Formerly meowmix101

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Awe Turkish Vans are so cute <3 I still vote a soft flame point with a white/creamy base would be a nice contrast, but by the looks of it no matter what route you go it’s going to look outstanding.

I would love to add one of your sushi cats to my collection one day. The amazing effect you’re creating make them look like they are crafted out of fine porcelain. I’m still SO blown away!

I did see the first one a long while back. (I still have the pictures saved in my phone for eye candy) LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Landipan
              Participant

Oh thank you Drag0n, that’s a huge compliment and it really means the world to me!

I have another cat after this one that’s waiting in the wings, it might have a hard time living up to this current kitty tho, haha.

*Formerly meowmix101

Aggie83
                Participant

I hadn’t checked out your PYO’s in FAR too long and oh, my goodness. Landipan, you are amazing. Everything I saw was gorgeous, but I am blown away by the incredible work on the sushi cat’s kimono. Those chrysanthemums and cranes are absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to see her finished.

Kim
                  Blocked

Did you finish your kitty yet? I was thinking it would look nice as a tan or orange and white cat or orange tabby with the green eyes. I love the outfit and all the colours and details!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
                    Participant

Aggie – Aw thank you, you make me blush haha.

Kim – That cat in still in progress, I’ve been working extra hours lately and when I do sit down to with with her I’m still unsure what direction I want to go in with her. I’m tempted to stick with the white and do a Geisha look on her like I did with my last Sushi cat, but I’m a bit stuck in a indecision hole at the moment lol.

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                      Participant

off topic question: Did those of you who have messaged me in the last month or two get my replies? I just want to make sure that my replies are going through. xD

*Formerly meowmix101

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I keep coming back to lurk too ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

tig3r06
                          Participant

I agree! This kitty is spectacular and I can’t wait to see the finished color.

Landipan
                            Participant

Haha, thanks you guys! But the kitty is still unfinished, I’m waiting to get some additional brushes(like always lol). But hopefully in the coming weeks I can knock this gal out!

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                              Participant

New update pics! Sorry that they’re sort of blurry, I promise to get really nice photos when she’s finished, my sister who has a pro camera offered to take the pics when finished.

I haven’t gotten as much done as I would have liked at this point, I had to take a break as my dog of 18 years passed last week, and that’s been tough. But I did get the collar done and most of the bandana finished,and a few other small details.

I decided to keep the cat white, and add some fun makeup details similar to my last Sushi cat, I just didn’t have mental energy to delve into more in that department. So, I am nearing the finish line on this one.

Capture

Also, I found the eyes look really neat upside down!

IMG_2687

*Formerly meowmix101

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

Landipan sooooo beautiful !!
                                  Just stunning how you did the cranes and chrysanthemums are so detailed !!
                                  Absolutely spectacular !!
                                  Thank you so much for sharing photos !!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.