*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Look what I found! This was my page of practice color ideas for scaled critters(like the Oriental dragon or Kirin) from a couple years ago, I like to practice different paint combos and what not on a scrap page sometimes before I go straight in on painting a pyo. Unfortunately some of these ideas don’t translate too well on teeny tiny scales, but I’d like to try again eventually with a few of these ideas!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Landipan
      Participant

So I had a little bit of extra money burning a hole in my Paypal and I caved and bought two female Sushi cats! I’m excited to work on this version of the adorable sushi cat PYO! I have a boatload of ideas, mostly kimono and furisode and flower themes, but I have to narrow it down to two for these girls!

Also, another recent idea for the inspiration folder I keep, maybe a future sushi cat wearing a Sukajan jacket, cute right?! Not necessarily this design(tho I do like it a lot), but something like it…

I’m still trying to finish a current commission PYO, once that’s done I’ll start to paint my two new Sushi cats! I’m not a great multitasker unfortunately, so I always have to do one project at a time ;w;

What about you guys? Are you multi-taskers, are do you like to work on one thing at a time?

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
        Participant

I’ve been slowly working on a new ‘kimono’ sushi cat pyo, this time with Cranes, something I wanted to do on my previous sushi cat but chickened out on! So far so good, I’m still very much in the ugly outlining stages but the cranes are coming out decent so far! The teeny tiny feathers are a real challenge!

It’ll be a while yet before I’m finished but I have a good feeling about this one!!

*Formerly meowmix101

Bodine
          Participant

Gorgeous of course.I just saw the unicorn.So soft and lovely.

I still have the KiRins😋

Multitasking–every single day except for painting .

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Landipan
            Participant

Thank you Bodine! <3 <3 <3

*Formerly meowmix101

Kujacker
              Participant

Oooo~ I wonder how it might match the male sushi cat you did!

Landipan
                Participant

I think this one is going to have a lot more details going on than the other cat, the cranes add a lot of impact I think(and they are certainly upping the difficulty level haha)! The eyes will be a different style too, I wanted to try something different this time around.

I’m waiting on an order from DickBlick to arrive, I needed new detailer Kolinskys(again) to finish the the line art, and plus I ordered some extra Golden fluid paint in a blue I didn’t have before. I love how intense the clarity of color that Golden acrylics have, I guess that’s the main difference between artist brand paints and craft paint.

I shall post new update photos as soon as the cat looks less messy xD

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                  Participant

I’m about to get back to working on my Sushi cat again, but before I use my new Kolinsky brushes, I thought I’d share what they look like, and how different sizes are between brands.

Both are 3/0, but there’s a clear size difference between the brands Escoda optimo Kolinsky(my preferred go to) and Da Vinci harbin Kolinsky(a brand I like fairly well, but not as much as Escoda).

Top one is the Da Vinci and bottom is the Escoda. The escoda is far smaller and sharper than the Da vinci.

IMG_2494

Btw, I also started deciding what my other Sushi cat will have on her, I was thinking Chrysanthemums but this may be biting off more than I can chew lol. These are extreme detail oriented and in a very small way, so we’ll see if I can paint them nicely or if it’s just an inevitable disaster xD

c

*Formerly meowmix101

etruscan
                    Participant

The chrysanthemum drawings are great!

Landipan
                      Participant

Thank you! They really take some time to draw out so I’ve only done two so far, I’m really hoping that with the help of my teeny tiny brushes that I can paint them well, we’ll see tho!

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                        Participant

More cranes! These ones are on the back of the cat, tho now I wished I had put the spread out wings one on the front! I haven’t had a lot of time to work on this cat lately, but she’s coming along, really started to take shape!

IMG_2523

*Formerly meowmix101

Bodine
                          Participant

That is so lovely.

Landipan
                            Participant

Newest update on sushi cat! I’ve gotten a lot done, but there’s still a ton to go, so many flowers to paint! I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with the collar and headband, those are still a mystery to me. I’ve been thinking of maybe painting the cat as a flame point Siamese, I think the orange tones would look good with the purple, blue and green colors.

Capture

*Formerly meowmix101

Bodine
                              Participant

That’s beautiful.

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

So gorgeous Landipan !!
                                  Love the pretty white birds, are they swans??
                                  Will we get to see the back view too??
                                  Congrats on yet another striking art piece !!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.