fbpx

*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    StormDancer
    Participant

She is beautiful I love the way the colors graduate on her. You did a great job!

Looking for:
      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

tig3r06
      Participant

Great job! She turned out awesome!

Bodine
        Participant

That Oriental is just gorgeous! Excellent!!The KiRin is lovely too.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Landipan
          Participant

Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it! 😀

*Formerly meowmix101
            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Prezaurian
            Participant

The kirin turned out lovely! The color gradation on her scales is wonderfully done. And I really like how you did the purple detailing in the fur. Reminds me of purple shadows at dusk. Very nice!

Landipan
              Participant

Got the base on my new Hippi almost done! Just need to add a dash more color and paint the necklace gold, and then onwards to the main show, the Hipp itself! I’m thinking I’m going to try doing a light dapple white/grey for the horse-y part, and I’m still flip flopping on the tail color, I’ll decide when I get there. Or I’ll try one color scheme and if I hate it, paint over it with another xD.

Here’s a medallion I practiced doing a dapple grey on last year, maybe something with less dapples for my hipp tho? I dunno, we’ll see!

And just for funzies, a pegasus GIF I’ve always loved!

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                Participant

Aww, the GIF didn’t work! But you get the idea! ^_~

*Formerly meowmix101

StormDancer
                  Participant

Base looks great. Can’t wait to see the hippigriff all finished. You always do great work!

Looking for:

Landipan
                    Participant

Thank you, I’m eager to start working on her as well, probably will start on the horse part tonight!

*Formerly meowmix101

Zexious
                      Participant

That base is stunning! I love all the detail you put into it–it totally looks like a real tide pool <3

As for the Hipp herself (himself?), I think he’ll look fabulous as a dapple gray! I do like the idea of less dapples, so as not to make the piece as a whole look too busy. But, honestly, I think no matter what you do will be beautiful!
                        Do you have anything in mind yet for the tail? Are you thinking some vibrant, or more muted?

Is this a personal piece?

Landipan
                        Participant

Thank you so much Zexious! I’m pretty pleased with it so far! I agree about less dapples being a good idea, mostly as I’m not super confident about my dapple painting techniue yet xD. Also currently I’ve named this one Ophelia (after the character in Hamlet, but I also really like the song by Lumineers by the same name). But of course if you want to think of the Hipp as a Stally he could be Ophelio instead xD

This isn’t a personal piece, I’ll be selling her after I’m done.

As for the tail I’m currently playing around with a nice yellow-y green, here’s a preview of the colors I’ve slapped on there so far. Keep in mind that this isn’t anywhere near the finished look, I’m just testing the color out :

I kind of like the juxtaposition of the warmness of the green with the coolness of the grey! Also you can see I’m working on blending out the colors on the horse bits, no dapples yet tho.

This watercolor Mermaid by Stephanie Pui Mun Law(one of my favorite artists btw!) was the original inspiration for the color scheme, I just really like the combo of the cool greys or warmer greens! I did consider doing a blue colored tail, but then decided to stick to the green!

I don’t have work tomorrow, so I’ll probably be pulling another all nighter on this little one while watching Parks and Rec!

*Formerly meowmix101

Zexious
                          Participant

Yaaaas! The green is stunning! I think it’s a beautiful choice, and I’m really looking forward to watching it come to life as you add more dimension.

As for the coat color–I feel as though you could almost leave her white with some pretty gray shading.
                            Whatever you choose will be beautiful, that seems to be one of the perks of working with such intricate and aesthetically pleasing sculpts: the color choices are endless!

PS – Hamlet is my favorite of Shakespeare’s works, and Parks and Rec is a fabulous show xD What season are you on?

Landipan
                            Participant

Thanks, I’m really liking the green too! As for the white body color, if I wimp out on the dapples it may just stay white with gray shading lol. But I’ll at least try first with the dapples.

It’s true that Melody’s sculpts are so well done and detailed that they really kind of paint themselves, just add some color and some antiquing and bam! You’ve got a beautiful painted sculpt!

I’m on season 3 right now of Parks and Rec, but I’ve actually seen the series a couple times over by now, I like to Netflix binge series while I paint, my other favorite to have on is The Office!

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                              Participant

A shot of my Hipp’s hooves, I’m super pleased with them! Sadly you hardly notice them from a distance, but I always love detailing them nonetheless!

*Formerly meowmix101

StormDancer
                                Participant

I always love seeing the details!

Looking for:

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.