fbpx

*Meowmix101's PYOs*

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone *Meowmix101's PYOs*

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 581 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

Thank you!! I’m glad the appearance of soft fur came across!

I like the dark colors too, but I think I definitely need to try out panting a lighter colored fox, I really want to do a Platinum or fire and ice type coloration in the future. I’ve already saved several fox color reference pics that I think I’ll base a future Kitsune on.

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Landipan
      Participant

At long last!!!! My first ever dragon PYO is finished! Gluing in the horns and eyes was so satisfying (despite one of the eyes nearly not wanting to go in at all lol)! These aren’t the best photos, they’re quite dimly lit and slightly blurry, but these are the most accurate to his coloring. I still want to get some nicely lit outdoor photos too for his official ad, the ones I took the other day make him seem so much lighter in coloring, it was driving me crazy. I’ll try again tomorrow and then place an ad for him for those interested.

Btw, you can’t really tell from these pics, but he has iridescent shimmers all on his furry parts, but they just won’t show up on the camera for me but you can definitely seem them in real life.

I’m so bad, I really need to money for a vet bill I have but I also am so tempted by the GB Kirins…..Ugh, adulting is the worst! xD

I present to you the finally finished ‘Doukutsu’:

null

null

And one outdoor lit one, but I don’t think it accurately represents his coloring, it makes him appear much light in color than what I see of him sitting on my desk right now…

*Formerly meowmix101

StormDancer
        Participant

Oh wow. Fantastic job. He looks great!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

etruscan
          Participant

Lovely! All the detail work really shows. ๐Ÿ™‚

Landipan
            Participant

Thank you both, I’m really pleased with the end result! =^_____^=

*Formerly meowmix101

tig3r06
              Participant

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Ferlin1984
                Participant

Love it! So detailed!

Safire_blue
                  Participant

Wow! He really is stunning! What an amazing job you did!

May I ask what paints and specific colors you used? He looks so smooth and beautifully blended. And are the eyes Windstone, or from elsewhere? It all comes together so well. Looks like a production piece. ๐Ÿ™‚

Landipan
                    Participant

Thank you, that’s a huge compliment, I really appreciate it!

I used a combination of brands to paint this guy, I used apple barrel lemon yellow and Folkart cobalt blue(it’s really just a basic ultramarine blue) to get the dark teal of the main color. Then for the creamier green yellow highlights I’d mix Golden Fluid acrylic Naples Yellow hue with the blue to get the shade I wanted for that. For the fur, it is white(can’t remember the brand, it was a craft brand) blended with the teal color along with some shimmer added to it).

Just lots of blending of yellows and blue! I really like this dark teal color, I’ve painted another sculpt in this color scheme before, I really enjoy it!

Oh and there is some watered down black added to the shading of the scales, so that makes the teal even darker.

The eyes come from DreamingTreeStudios, they’re called Labradorite! They also have a bit of a shimmer to them, they’re super pretty!

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                      Participant

Oh btw, I have some newer better outdoor pics! They look better than the other ones, I still say the indoor dim lighting ones still look more like him, but maybe I just have really dim lighting and these outdoor pics are really how he looks, I don’t even know anymore lol.

photo dou_zpsbw1t5hs3.jpg
                         photo dou1_zpso7ijuynm.jpg
                         photo dou2_zpsizviptka.jpg

This one here shows some of the shimmer that is on the fur parts!
                         photo doutail_zpsly6kyvfr.jpg

*Formerly meowmix101

Stormbreeze
                        Participant

My goodness, he is stunning!

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Prezaurian
                          Participant

I was hoping to eventually see this oriental finished. He turned out smashing! You do a really wonderful job blending!

Natasha
                            Participant

I like the tiny light dots on many of the scales. They give him so much character!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                              ANY Red Eyed Unis
                              ANY Test Paint Bat
                              UNIS:
                              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                              Male- Snow Leopard TP
                              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                              Mother: Okapi
                              Gothic - Mahogany
                              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Landipan
                              Participant

Thank you so much you guys! He was a lot of work, I’m really proud of him! You wouldn’t know, but I had a lot of trouble about those lil light dot placement, apparently random placement isn’t as easy as I thought it would be lol, I had to do a lot of planning for where they went, else it just didn’t look pleasing to my eye.

Btw, this guy has sold, and will head to his new home next month!

*Formerly meowmix101

Landipan
                                Participant

Yay! Been awhile since I posted in this thread, but here is my finished Kirin PYO. Actually, I finished her about 2 months ago before I moved and just never had the time, what with the moving in, fixing things up and all sort of little things. But at finally! I got around to taking pictures of her and here she is!

null
                                  null

She didn’t come out exactly how I envisioned but I think she’s really pretty, you can’t really tell because of the gloss coat but her white areas are covered in shimmer! I can’t remember the name of these Dreaming Tree Studio eyes I used, I think Autumn Leaves or something? But they’re gorgeous, I love em!

I’ll probably be adding this girl to the Classifieds soon, so if your interested, keep an eye out for her later!

*Formerly meowmix101

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.